SIAP: AQM Grace Car Dealership connected to Sports Agency

It's not "sad" at all.

They 100% knew what they were doing would end their college career if they got caught.

I would venture to say a good amount of kids do this kind of stuff without getting caught. Grace and AQM were not good at cheating.

Sad that AQM and Grace got caught up in this BS wannabe sports agency. The people involved with the 'sports agency' and 'rental' should also see some kind of legal punishment.

All that being said, it still does not change the fact that AQM and Grace should know and or did know better and still risked it.

That's because we recruit basically good kids, we don't recruit the real criminals. So, when they do try to cheat, they mess it up. ****, our screening process before offering is probably too good.

Advertisement
Only good things happen when college athletes associate with local goobers trying to start a sports agency. It's all about giving the little guy a shot at being the next Rosenscum. I commend Grace and AQM for being proponents of small businesses.

Funniest part is that neither one will sign with that assbag. They'll get all the free stuff from him and then sign with IMG.

Then when they don't sign, he'll snitch on everybody like a scorned woman. Isn't this exactly what happened with Nevin Shapiro? I mean c'mon, we literally JUST went through this crap.

Now that agents are involved, there is likely zero chance of reinstatement based on NCAA guidelines. Here's an excerpt from the NCAA site:

Individuals who engage in the following activities have crossed the threshold of professionalism
and; thus, their eligibility will not be reinstated:
a. Sign an agreement or contract that states the individual is competing as a
professional;
b. Sign an agreement or contract that provides the individual with money above
expenses (even if the money is never paid);
c. Individual receives money above his or her expenses/individual has profited from
his or her sport (i.e., could be in the form of cash payments, prize money, stipend);
NCAA Division I Student-Athlete
Reinstatement Guidelines
May 2016
Page No. 5
_________
d. Individual consistently represents himself or herself as a professional athlete;
e. Individual enters into written or verbal contract with an agent; or
f. Individual accepts significant monetary benefits from an agent.

Pay particular attention to E and F.

Advertisement
Only good things happen when college athletes associate with local goobers trying to start a sports agency. It's all about giving the little guy a shot at being the next Rosenscum. I commend Grace and AQM for being proponents of small businesses.

Funniest part is that neither one will sign with that assbag. They'll get all the free stuff from him and then sign with IMG.

Then when they don't sign, he'll snitch on everybody like a scorned woman. Isn't this exactly what happened with Nevin Shapiro? I mean c'mon, we literally JUST went through this crap.

Yeah but if you listen to the cumbags, who were caterwauling on here the last few days, UM should have jumped in bed with the scumbag car guy and his agent buddies to concoct a story to keep AQM and Grace eligible. That can never blow up in your face down the road can it?

And if we show a history of dismissing players when evidence is presented than we wont get slapped for 'lack of institutional control'. Like it or not, this is the tight rope that has to be walked whether a star player is involved or not.

Lol....the "lawyer" representing Grace (Washington) dipped the moment his ties to the car agency and MJ Sports were discovered a few days ago via a simple google search. What additional evidence do you need?

The new lawyer most likely took the case for a little pub and too see if he can save Grace's eligibility in the event some other school will take him; however, there is zero chance Miami reconsiders their decision.

It is crystal clear Grace entered into a verbal contract with an agent (Caballero and Washington) and accepted significant monetary benefits from the agent (Caballero and Washington).

You only need to do one to be done....he did both.

Juwon's bae undoubtedly confirmed the agreement via affidavit or sworn testimony. This would have been the easiest case to prove against Miami in the history of the program.

If Miami had not undertaken the aggressive investigation they did and tried to sweep this under the rug; we would have gotten the m**therf**in death penalty.

Now that agents are involved, there is likely zero chance of reinstatement based on NCAA guidelines. Here's an excerpt from the NCAA site:

Individuals who engage in the following activities have crossed the threshold of professionalism
and; thus, their eligibility will not be reinstated:
a. Sign an agreement or contract that states the individual is competing as a
professional;
b. Sign an agreement or contract that provides the individual with money above
expenses (even if the money is never paid);
c. Individual receives money above his or her expenses/individual has profited from
his or her sport (i.e., could be in the form of cash payments, prize money, stipend);
NCAA Division I Student-Athlete
Reinstatement Guidelines
May 2016
Page No. 5
_________
d. Individual consistently represents himself or herself as a professional athlete;
e. Individual enters into written or verbal contract with an agent; or
f. Individual accepts significant monetary benefits from an agent.

Pay particular attention to E and F.

This agency connection is not brand new info. Guest on WQAM was talking about this a day or two back. This is something the lawyer would have been aware of with adequate research. As far as I have heard, he is still representing Grace.

Advertisement
Lol....the "lawyer" representing Grace dipped the moment his ties to the car agency were discovered a few days ago. What additional evidence do you need?

The new lawyer most likely took the case for a little pub and too see if he can save Grace's eligibility in the event some other school will take him; however, there is zero chance Miami reconsiders their decision.

That logic doesn't make sense. He has already been successful with the Dequan case and has a reputation. More likely that he would want to protect his reputation and would have done his homework before jumping on this case.

How long before the new lawyer disappears after reading Slater's article with the agents tied into the scumbag car rental agency?

Lol....the "lawyer" representing Grace dipped the moment his ties to the car agency were discovered a few days ago. What additional evidence do you need?

I don't think you even understand how lawyers work. He doesn't have 1/1000th of a % of his reputation on the line for this dumb kid. Lawyers are no different than agents. He puts a little work in now in hopes for a big retainer later.

I don't think you even understand how lawyers work. He doesn't have 1/1000th of a % of his reputation on the line for this dumb kid. Lawyers are no different than agents. He puts a little work in now in hopes for a big retainer later.

I would say that applies in most cases. Not sure about this one. Is grace or his fam paying the lawyer or not? Lot of unknowns. I say he is doing this for the publicity of winning these types of cases.

Advertisement

How long before the new lawyer disappears after reading Slater's article with the agents tied into the scumbag car rental agency?

This connection was being talked about on WQAM before this article.

New counsel sent Grace his termination letter via twitter.

and?

This connection was being talked about on WQAM before this article.

Advertisement
If grace were reinstated through this mechanism, UM would still safe face in with the NCAA. Would work out for both parties.

:75ebf9ecd:

If grace were reinstated through this mechanism, UM would still safe face in with the NCAA. Would work out for both parties.

You're not really this dumb, are you?

Just say you've been kidding and trolling all along and you'll save some face here.

New counsel sent Grace his termination letter via twitter.

Ha, you an FSU troll?? Looks like you don't want him back by Oct.

Advertisement
Back