Shannon and Skip, Shannon keeping it 100

Advertisement
I am fine with Athletes getting paid. I have come to terms with it. There should be a should be a salary cap. Also if college athletes are getting paid, they shouldn't be given full ride scholarships. They can put their money toward paying their tuition like every other college student. And all of this is coming for a person who plays a sport in college.
First of all, you can't do a salary cap unless there is a players union and it is collectively bargained. One person can't limit your earning capacity. That was the point of the Supreme Court decision.

Second, do other college students not receive scholarships—some full ride scholarships—and then get jobs as well to make money? Why is it different for athletes? So you're saying that ANY student who gets a full ride scholarship and then earns any kind of paycheck should lose their scholarship? Am I getting that right? Also, the SCHOOL ISN'T PAYING THEM, so your entire point is moot.

You really are coming off as bitter because you aren't getting a sweet piece of that NIL pie. It's a bad look dude.

I am fine with Athletes getting paid. I have come to terms with it. There should be a should be a salary cap. Also if college athletes are getting paid, they shouldn't be given full ride scholarships. They can put their money toward paying their tuition like every other college student. And all of this is coming for a person who plays a sport in college. High schoolers like Jaden Rashada (9 million) and Nico (10 million) shouldnt be getting paid more than a lot of proffesional players. The reason they are in the pro's is because they worked their *** off in college.
Yea you sound like a HATER.

Why should their be a salary cap and why should they pay their own tuition..while on scholarship?. Really wanna hear the thoughts on it

Who told you that is what Rashada or Nico is getting though?.

In that case i also feel like regular students shouldnt get financial aid..why am i paying some tax to fund these regular ppl's enc 101 class and room and board?. Their parents should foot the whole bill or they need to hit the stripper pole or work somewhere. See how that sounds.

I personally am indifferent to NIL so dont attack me thinking im some fan of it because UM is doing a good job on it. I also was a college football player at one point.

First of all, you can't do a salary cap unless there is a players union and it is collectively bargained. One person can't limit your earning capacity. That was the point of the Supreme Court decision.

Second, do other college students not receive scholarships—some full ride scholarships—and then get jobs as well to make money? Why is it different for athletes? So you're saying that ANY student who gets a full ride scholarship and then earns any kind of paycheck should lose their scholarship? Am I getting that right? Also, the SCHOOL ISN'T PAYING THEM, so your entire point is moot.

You really are coming off as bitter because you aren't getting a sweet piece of that NIL pie. It's a bad look dude.
Your post was 3mins before mine and basically the same thing im statin.

My man said they should pay their own tuition while on scholarship. Which makes no **** sense while Joe Schmoe been on a scholarship and working at Flanigans for 4 years while in college and living the life. Keep in mind ...most student athletes seldom can have employment..maybe over the summer for a period.

Advertisement
Oh so providing students with free room and board, tuition, uniforms, equipment, food, bus rides, planes, cars, ect is taking away from their financial well-being? What about every other students at the university that actually have to grind their *** off while being hundreds of thousands of dollars in student debt.

Let me know when 100,000 people are willing to pack a stadium to watch some nerd write a history paper. Then your comparison will scratch the surface of having merit

Oh so providing students with free room and board, tuition, uniforms, equipment, food, bus rides, planes, cars, ect is taking away from their financial well-being? What about every other students at the university that actually have to grind their *** off while being hundreds of thousands of dollars in student debt.

TrumpyCane didn’t realize those other students are on TV bringing eyes to the school

Maybe those students should’ve learned to throw a football over 5 yards

Advertisement
I never said athletes shouldn't get paid. I just said there should be a limit. Like that's all. Idk why I continue to comment on this site when every little thing I say goes so far over peoples heads lol. Like college football is changing, you need to pay players in order to compete. College sports has turned into a semi-professional league. Do I think all these changes is good for college sports? No. Will I still watch my Miami hurricanes dominate every Saturday? Yes I will. My opinion doesn't really matter and It won't stop anything
Why should their be a limit?
Should their be a limit on how much an school get?

They needed proof I would assume to make those claims on TV, they all knew and some of them mentioned it before I believe. They just couldnt ride with it I'm assuming

I remember an anonymous coach came out and said Saban was cheating out of his *** and the skinny Mike from Mike and Mike went on a scathing 20 minute diatribe about how off base the guy was.

Anyone hinting at it risked being burned at the stake, especially when it came to ESPN's baby Bama and Saban. (Still cowards)

I just don't think high school and college kids should be getting millions of dollars while having everything handed for them will attending their respected universities. People always forget how much money athletic departments have to spend every single season. Oh and they also have to throw $300,000 for each member of their football team.
Schools not supposed to be the one paying the kids from my understanding

Advertisement
The coaches don’t provide any of that. The school does

I am fine with Athletes getting paid. I have come to terms with it. There should be a should be a salary cap. Also if college athletes are getting paid, they shouldn't be given full ride scholarships. They can put their money toward paying their tuition like every other college student. And all of this is coming for a person who plays a sport in college. High schoolers like Jaden Rashada (9 million) and Nico (10 million) shouldnt be getting paid more than a lot of proffesional players. The reason they are in the pro's is because they worked their *** off in college.
Why should there be a cap? You don’t like free market? Not a fan of capitalism huh?

I remember an anonymous coach came out and said Saban was cheating out of his *** and the skinny Mike from Mike and Mike went on a scathing 20 minute diatribe about how off base the guy was.

Anyone hinting at it risked being burned at the stake, especially when it came to ESPN's baby Bama and Saban. (Still cowards)
I remember one of our coaches on Richts staff saying they were cheating. I mean he didn't mention his name as well but he said they couldn't compete.

Advertisement
First off, its very rare to get a full ride academic scholarship from a University. A lot of them are small ones which are well deserved. And there is a huge difference between someone working a minimum wage job to pay for groceries, drinks at bars and tuition than players getting the salaries of professional athletes. I would agree that college athletes should get paid, but there should be a limit. Some of these high school athletes should be getting paid millions of dollars on top of having the school to pay for their tutuors, room and board, tuition, off campus apartments, cars, equipment, hotels and transpiration
Im beginning to think you werent a college athlete because you keep stating...EQUIPMENT, HOTELS, and Transportation like those are some benefit to the athletes more so than the school. Do you know how MONEY these same kids your trying to sh*t on bring to these same universities...than your Joe College. **** Joe College at times is only at the **** school paying the tuition because of his love for the sport and connection with said team these athletes play for.

I mean should they be paying for their own equipment to play in games, and booking the Laquinta inn for games while taking a city bus to get to games im confused here. I know for one i didnt get to take my pads with me when i graduated college.

And what is the huge difference in working PROFESSIONAL students working a job, when a college student athlete cant WORK a minimim wage job and should have the ability to make money off of his own name,image, and likeness?.

I never said athletes shouldn't get paid. I just said there should be a limit. Like that's all. Idk why I continue to comment on this site when every little thing I say goes so far over peoples heads lol. Like college football is changing, you need to pay players in order to compete. College sports has turned into a semi-professional league. Do I think all these changes is good for college sports? No. Will I still watch my Miami hurricanes dominate every Saturday? Yes I will. My opinion doesn't really matter and It won't stop anything
Where the **** you been living the last 100 years Honest Abe?. What do you think it is?.LOL

Also these dudes been getting paid THE WHOLE TIME by only a certain amount of schools...Illegally...now its legal..mfers want a salary cap. Nick Saban you aint slick coming on here under the guise of being ST26.

College football is changing and it has you up in arms...It BEEN shouldve changed.

Advertisement
Back