Scrimmage news

Advertisement
I don’t care , we needed a transfer te. The two we have aren’t power five talents.

Advertisement
Dt depth should get better with the addition of Silvera ,miller , and then an experienced player in Tito odengibo who has a great get off. Djack can slide inside if he has too on more plays too if Jon garvin is too great to keep off the field

True, but we still when we have to rely on a true frosh, a de, and a marginal transfer for depth, we have problems. If someone gets injured, we're really in trouble. Here's to praying everyone stays healthy.

True, but we still when we have to rely on a true frosh, a de, and a marginal transfer for depth, we have problems. If someone gets injured, we're really in trouble. Here's to praying everyone stays healthy.
New age in football, freshman play now adays earlier and earlier. No one is asking Silvera in particular to start but he should be able to handle a 4th dt role early on, he’s that good

I guess next man up is not an option yet. One or two more recruiting classes?

Scavo needs a statue when he retires, he's been the one constant. He was the right guy to ask. As I mentioned in another thread pertaining to Lingard, I think a lot of us have forgotten what a true 5 star back looks like.

Scavo is my guy. He was our trainer in high school (Chaminade-Madonna). Good people.

Advertisement
New age in football, freshman play now adays earlier and earlier. No one is asking Silvera in particular to start but he should be able to handle a 4th dt role early on, he’s that good
Him and Miller both should see playing time, with playing time increasing as the season goes on.

Agree on Nesta, I think he's going to be a beast, but I can't wait until we get to the point we don't have to RELY on a true frosh to contribute right away.

Agree on Nesta, I think he's going to be a beast, but I can't wait until we get to the point we don't have to RELY on a true frosh to contribute right away.
True, but with so many kids leaving early for the NFL, why redshirt any of them? Especially RBs, WRs, and D-linemen. The positions that are plug and play ready are often the ones that go pro early.

Advertisement
True, but with so many kids leaving early for the NFL, why redshirt any of them? Especially RBs, WRs, and D-linemen. The positions that are plug and play ready are often the ones that go pro early.

Agree, and we're not where we need to be yet to be considering redshirting many positions at all.

Also, I was told that Patchan is actually "really good", he just can't stay healthy.
He definitely looks the part in person.

Choc has to be the best looking scrub I've ever seen. Impressive looking athlete. Bad football player? I don't even think he got a carry on Saturday.

Michael Jackson is another guy who should be first off the bus. Looks like a 1st round CB.

Not surprising since I’d be willing to put at least 10k he goes in the first 3 rounds. It’s almost a guarantee.

Advertisement
Agree, and we're not where we need to be yet to be considering redshirting many positions at all.
Even when we do, those players will still leave early, so what's the point? It's a different game now than it was 30 years ago. I'd rather get 5-10 plays a game from a true freshman than zero from a guy that leaves after his redshirt sophomore year.

Advertisement
Back