RRA nfl stock

I don't think anyone here is too hard on the kid. Based on his high school game and potential, most thought he would have had some sort of impact.

i mean he did make 2nd team all acc in 2010 and was preseason all american and 1st team all acc and then got suspended 5 games last year so last year was kind of a wash for him. But he made 2nd team all acc as a soph so lets not act like he has done nothing his whole career with 1 season left.

Exactly the guy isnt a scrub... For someone to say they'll be surprised if he's starting by mid-season is absurd... The guys is really strong in the run game... He's going to start... He took a step back last year with the suspensions and he still had about 30 tackles... I believe he's going to lead the team in tackles... That being said, T-mac and Ray are the least of our worries... Why do we kill our players? You'll think these guys were pure garbage... Ray will be fine... I think after last years suspensions he is a mid round pick but with a strong season he can sneak up in the 1st 2 rounds... Like someone said, Barron had a similar game style and went in the 1st...

Advertisement
IMO, he's better than Taylor Mays, as a comparison

great senior season in store for him, he knows whatup

Taylor Mays was far better IMO. Didn't rack up a ton of INT's but was a big time hitter.

I know I'm late but Taylor Mays was overrated in a finesse league... The kid was big... What made him a big hitter??? Running into Terrel Pryor... The guy was a combine freak... And thats it... We do know that Ray can play the run... Mays couldnt do that... he played with some stud Lb's and his d hid a lot of his flaws... Ray ray isnt that bad... He'll have a good year and I think he'll lead the team in tackles... He isnt one of our main issues...

Taylor Mays was far better IMO. Didn't rack up a ton of INT's but was a big time hitter.

I know I'm late but Taylor Mays was overrated in a finesse league... The kid was big... What made him a big hitter??? Running into Terrel Pryor... The guy was a combine freak... And thats it... We do know that Ray can play the run... Mays couldnt do that... he played with some stud Lb's and his d hid a lot of his flaws... Ray ray isnt that bad... He'll have a good year and I think he'll lead the team in tackles... He isnt one of our main issues...

I hope your wrong because if RRA is leading us in tackles then its going to be a long season.

Also Mays wasn't a great player but he was better then RRA. Mays played well for 3 years and took a step by in his Senior year.

Advertisement
If RRA is our leading tackler we win 5 games max. It's not good when you have Safeties leading the team in tackles.

Pretty sure Kiper had him preseason #1 last year. Dude has the tools and size, really needs to step it up this year. Hope you guys are right with him as a mid round pick, would exceed my expectations thus far. His pursuit angles really need the most work. We shall see!

Taylor mays was garbage and ran himself out of position faster than any S i;'ve seen in quite some time. Mays was just a super athletic dude trying to play football.

rra isn't your super ultra athletic, rangy hurricane S we're used to seeing. he does have some insticts and feel for the game as evident by some of his int's and atleast 4 he's dropped. he's weakness is his lack of range due to speed or in some instances guessing wrong IMO.

Advertisement

Taylor mays was garbage and ran himself out of position faster than any S i;'ve seen in quite some time. Mays was just a super athletic dude trying to play football.

+1 Mays wanst better than Ray... He played with some awesome players on d(I believe all 3 backers were 1st rounders) and he was extremely athletic... The kid never made plays... If they kill Ray then they would cremate Mays for his play... The guy was all hype and no game really... I agree on your assessment of Ray... He's still learning the position... He's a football player... He just sometimes guess wrong... I know everyone points to that play against UVA but who defense was fooled on that hb pass... And I'm standing on prediction that he'll lead the team in tackles... I think we're young on D and we're going to need a lot of help from the safety... I know its a lofty prediction, but I'm expecting Ray to break Greg Threat's record for tackles by a safety...

Right now VT and Ray are the least of our worries...

Harbaugh took one look at Mays and jumped on trading him for a 7th round pick. Mays is a joke in the NFL. I don't see Ray Ray as much more than that right now. No range, no speed, not all that aggressive. Where does he fit in?

Harbaugh took one look at Mays and jumped on trading him for a 7th round pick. Mays is a joke in the NFL. I don't see Ray Ray as much more than that right now. No range, no speed, not all that aggressive. Where does he fit in?

On the ACC first team, chief!

Advertisement

On the ACC first team, chief!

LULZ. WWHD? (what would harbaugh do?)

Advertisement
Why would we want a safety leading our team in tackles? That would mean that our D-Line and LBers are garbage and either RB's are getting to the 2nd and 3rd level consistently or QB's are completing a **** ton of passes.

Ray is strong against the run... His coverage is improving... I believe he'll lead the team in tackles...

out of curiousity, what leads you to believe Ray's "coverage is improving"?

From where he was his first season to now... He isnt great in pass coverage but he is decent... Its not like he gets beat all the time... Last year it was hard to tell because he played in limited games and rarely did a team go deep on us(didnt need too)... But outside of that hb pass that fooled the whole team, what leads you to believe that he isnt progressing outside of jumping on the hate Ray Ray bandwagon? Right now, we do lack top notch speed in that area but our safety position is the least of our concerns...

Why would we want a safety leading our team in tackles? That would mean that our D-Line and LBers are garbage and either RB's are getting to the 2nd and 3rd level consistently or QB's are completing a **** ton of passes.

In no post of mine did I say, I wanted him to lead the team in tackles... I keep reiterating that our D is young and do expect some struggles from our front 7 and thats why I believe he will lead the team in tackles... Everything you stated is why I believe he will lead the team in tackles... I dont want it to be but thats what I believe...

Gotcha. Now I see what you're saying even though I don't agree with you. My money is on Perryman leading the team in tackles.

Advertisement
Back