Rooster to SMU?

Advertisement
I like Coach L, so I’m partial to UM basketball just from his days at George Mason; however, I grew up a UNC fan b/c of MJ. But truthfully, I don’t really follow CBB like I used to; the one & dones, the AAU circuits, & G-league low key killed my love for CBB.
I agree with that...Dudes skipping college and going pro and stuff of the like killed my CBB vibe.... You'll never see something like the fab 5 ever again or the Duke teams of the early 90's and others that fit that mold... And Yes NC had Monster teams as well... Sorry bout the Duke reference....🤣🤣🤣🤣

FjvTCW-XkAA3xzc

I agree that TDs are generally opportunity stats. The part of the topic to which I responded was explosiveness/effectiveness based on coordinator. In this case, Lashlee clearly schemed specific plays for Knighton in the pass game that led to multiple TDs. We're not talking about a 6 to 3 disparity. We're talking about 11 to 1.

You can think back to occasions where we ran the same crap play for a setup and then unveiled the big play. Knighton got more opportunities in 2021 because that was explicitly part of Lashlee's plan. And, that's why I conclude that Lashlee used Knighton's skill set better than Gattis did. Lashlee's run game diversity was (is?) trash. But, it can't be looked at in isolation because he used that absurd volume of IZ to setup his RPOs and other vertical routes. I'm not even necessarily a full-out Lashlee guy, fwiw. I think his style of offense crumbles at certain levels. I just can plainly see he more appropriately used Knighton's skill set.
I 100% agree Lashlee used/schemed Knighton much better overall - but it also skewed largely in the passing game. To be fair, with Knighton's straightforward power running style at 190lbs - I don't really think there's a way in the run game for Lashlee, Gattis, or any OC to "scheme" Knighton much better.

Of the 11 TD's you reference - 8 were on the ground. 7 were 4 yds or less. Chaney & Cam were hurt, so I think it was less Lashlee had a plan for Knighton vs Knighton was the only option, and that's why he accumulated those 8 TD's vs 1 this year (and being in the redzone much less overall). I'd imagine Knighton would have more like 3-4 TD's if Cam & Chaney stayed healthy - but that's pure speculation.

Now the 3 Receiving TD's vs 0 under Gattis - I totally agree Lashlee was much more creative there. That's where I think Knighton's strength is (in the passing game), and going to a G5 school where he clearly likes the coach and the coach likes him is a good move. I'm interested to see how he competes with Camar Wheaton.

I 100% agree Lashlee used/schemed Knighton much better overall - but it also skewed largely in the passing game. To be fair, with Knighton's straightforward power running style at 190lbs - I don't really think there's a way in the run game for Lashlee, Gattis, or any OC to "scheme" Knighton much better.

Of the 11 TD's you reference - 8 were on the ground. 7 were 4 yds or less. Chaney & Cam were hurt, so I think it was less Lashlee had a plan for Knighton vs Knighton was the only option, and that's why he accumulated those 8 TD's vs 1 this year (and being in the redzone much less overall). I'd imagine Knighton would have more like 3-4 TD's if Cam & Chaney stayed healthy - but that's pure speculation.

Now the 3 Receiving TD's vs 0 under Gattis - I totally agree Lashlee was much more creative there. That's where I think Knighton's strength is (in the passing game), and going to a G5 school where he clearly likes the coach and the coach likes him is a good move. I'm interested to see how he competes with Camar Wheaton.
Fair enough. I didn't realize it skewed 8 rushing TDs vs 3 passing. I'd have to look at all the rushing TDs, but your point holds. Appreciate the info and discussion.

Advertisement

UNC game this year Knighton dropped an easy, uncontested short pass that would have been a first down, leading us to have to try a 50+ yd FG that we missed . He also fumbled the ball just as we were getting to the redzone on another drive. He was given many opportunities this season when healthy and literally and figuratively dropped the ball time and again.

Advertisement
Ahh yes, 7-5 all over again—**** kicked in by real teams and eking out wins over average ACC foes. We had it all with Lashlee!

Good for Knighton. Tells you all you need to know if he runs to SMU and his old OC who was one-dimensional in 2021 and our fans talk about him like he was Norm Chow in 2004.

Some of y'all are literally cucked more than an actual rooster. Get some perspective and let's revisit this in 2024.

Wow…we just went from wait until next to wait 3 seasons…

Yikes…

Was this before he was diagnosed with fumbleitas.

As I recall I believe he had the same problems with that during 2021 too. But you gotta admit that was a fun season if you're a offensive fan. We scored 30 plus points in every ACC game except the Virgina and FSU game which were both only 2 points away from 30 points. This season we were struggling just to get into double digits

286 yards combined against FSU and Clemson. Your username describes the current state of the offense.
well look out, good ole Rhetts offense barely mustered 210yds and less than 4yds a play against Clemson in 2020. that was with King playing QB for Christ sakes, Lashlee the gawd.

Advertisement
My sources are telling me that rooster is already having trouble with the playbook over at SMU.

he apparently dropped it somewhere and can’t find it.

Advertisement
UNC game this year Knighton dropped an easy, uncontested short pass that would have been a first down, leading us to have to try a 50+ yd FG that we missed . He also fumbled the ball just as we were getting to the redzone on another drive. He was given many opportunities this season when healthy and literally and figuratively dropped the ball time and again.

Shhhhhhh, bruh. Let them breathe in Hudl highlights vs. complete body of work or stats.

Shhhhhhh, bruh. Let them breathe in Hudl highlights vs. complete body of work or stats.
there is never a low light film though is there? I actually hate doing this because I like Lashlee and Knighton. Knighton plays like he loves football and loves competing. His body looks like a person that doesn't want to put in the work in the offseason. DNA wise, he has tiny hips, he was never gonna be 215lbs but he could have at least put some effort in the weight room. It at least, from the outside, doesn't look like he ever has. looks exactly the same as when he came in. Lashlee is a solid offensive coach but he got extremely lucky that TVD took off in the second half of his first start against UVA. His offense was stagnant with King unless King was improvising and playing backyard football. TVD took the passing game to a different level. Still his offense took entire halves off whether it was turnovers or penalties. It was actually always the first half.

Advertisement
Back