Rooster to SMU?

Advertisement
No love for Lebron even though he brought Miami 2 championships and 4 straight finals? How about Jason Taylor when he was traded away?

I’m not remotely a LBJ fan. I don’t f w/ players who call themselves The GOAT, but have to create super teams or worst yet, join another stars’ team to win.

Furthermore, everyone knows I’m a Chicago professional sports fan. I don’t f w/ Florida sports outside of Miami football & baseball…& if they created a softball team, I would f w/ that, too.

Advertisement
The competition tho is gonna be way different watch rooster get over 1000 all purpose yards
Eehhh....i guess I would have to agree with the competition part. We'll see..... I wonder why Lashlee would use him any different now than how he used him here 🤔🤔

Eehhh....i guess I would have to agree with the competition part. We'll see..... I wonder why Lashlee would use him any different now than how he used him here 🤔🤔
Yea only downside is he would he used on 3rd and 4th and one situations like at Miami lol

I’m not remotely a LBJ fan. I don’t f w/ players who call themselves The GOAT, but have to create super teams or worst yet, join another stars’ team to win.

Furthermore, everyone knows I’m a Chicago professional sports fan. I don’t f w/ Florida sports outside of Miami football & baseball…& if they created a softball team, I would f w/ that, too.
I do not like soccer... but if UM had a men's team I'd be a big fan.
Relly, you don't care for UM basketball?

Advertisement
I do not like soccer... but if UM had a team I'd be a big fan.
Relly, you don't care for UM basketball?

I like Coach L, so I’m partial to UM basketball just from his days at George Mason; however, I grew up a UNC fan b/c of MJ. But truthfully, I don’t really follow CBB like I used to; the one & dones, the AAU circuits, & G-league low key killed my love for CBB.

I like Coach L, so I’m partial to UM basketball just from his days at George Mason; however, I grew up a UNC fan b/c of MJ. But truthfully, I don’t really follow CBB like I used to; the one & dones, the AAU circuits, & G-league low key killed my love for CBB.
Understandable... I'm a Miamian and I dislike the Fins.

Advertisement

How about Bruce Sutter, Kris Bryant, Ditka, Richard Dent? Come one, you have to have some love for some former players of the teams you follow other than MJ. ...

Anyway, you have every right to feel the way you do. But I'm gonna root for Rooster and all the rest of these kids. I even watched some of their games, checked out a couple of U Illinois games to see how Hightower was doing, Utah State to see Joyner and Hall, FAU to see Perry, etc. Once a Cane, always a Cane in my book.

Advertisement
How about Bruce Sutter, Kris Bryant, Ditka, Richard Dent? Come one, you have to have some love for some former players of the teams you follow other than MJ. ...

Anyway, you have every right to feel the way you do. But I'm gonna root for Rooster and all the rest of these kids. I even watched some of their games, checked out a couple of U Illinois games to see how Hightower was doing, Utah State to see Joyner and Hall, FAU to see Perry, etc. Once a Cane, always a Cane in my book.

Not a Cubs fan, & I wasn’t even born when Ditka played. Lol. Richard Dent, it hurt to see him leave, but nah, didn’t follow him at his next stop at SF, especially since I hate SF. Lol

I believe this actually further supports the notion that Lashlee found more creative ways to utilize Knighton in space than Gattis did.

When you compare 2021 to 2022, while your yards/carry stat is highly impacted by Lashlee's overuse of IZ and the negative or "nothing" results it led to, that IZ also opened up more plays for our QBs in the RPO game, which is something your singular stat doesn't measure.

Further, Rooster had 20 receptions in 2021, while he only had 9 in 2022. He averaged 14 yards/catch in the pass game under Lashlee, while he averaged 9 yards/catch under Gattis.

The biggest stat? He had 11 TDs in 2021. He had 1 TD in 2022.
I respect both you guys and IMO both you are correct - it's just important with Knighton to break out his rushing & receiving

Rushing
- Lashlee
- 200 carries - 3.9 ypc & 1 30+ yd run (long of 40 yds). Averaged 4.0 ypc playing with RPO QB (2020 King) & 3.9 ypc with pocket QB (2021 TVD)
- Gattis - 80 carries - 5.4 ypc & 2 30+ yd runs (45 & 56 yds).

Receiving
- Lashlee
- 13.4 yd avg. Catches of 75, 60, 53, 35 & 29 yds
- Gattis - 9.1 yd avg. 41 yd catch was only reception over 15 yds in 2022

Conclusion - Knighton clearly made bigger plays in the run game under Gattis in less attempts. Lashlee clearly used Knighton much better in the passing game

You're both right when breaking it down. Analyzing Knighton's game as a whole is problematic since his ability/effectiveness running & receiving is so different

As for the TD's...
IMO this is more of an opportunity stat. 9 of Knighton's 10 career rushing TD's are from 4 yds or less. Knighton got more opportunities in 2021 (8 TD's) vs 2022 (1 TD) because our passing game was much better which meant we were in scoring position much more often, and Knighton was the only option in 2021 vs splitting with Parrish/Thad in 2022.

I respect both you guys and IMO both you are correct - it's just important with Knighton to break out his rushing & receiving

Rushing
- Lashlee
- 200 carries - 3.9 ypc & 1 30+ yd run (long of 40 yds). Averaged 4.0 ypc playing with RPO QB (2020 King) & 3.9 ypc with pocket QB (2021 TVD)
- Gattis - 80 carries - 5.4 ypc & 2 30+ yd runs (45 & 56 yds).

Receiving
- Lashlee
- 13.4 yd avg. Catches of 75, 60, 53, 35 & 29 yds
- Gattis - 9.1 yd avg. 41 yd catch was only reception over 15 yds in 2022

Conclusion - Knighton clearly made bigger plays in the run game under Gattis in less attempts. Lashlee clearly used Knighton much better in the passing game

You're both right when breaking it down. Analyzing Knighton's game as a whole is problematic since his ability/effectiveness running & receiving is so different

As for the TD's...
IMO this is more of an opportunity stat. 9 of Knighton's 10 career rushing TD's are from 4 yds or less. Knighton got more opportunities in 2021 (8 TD's) vs 2022 (1 TD) because our passing game was much better which meant we were in scoring position much more often, and Knighton was the only option in 2021 vs splitting with Parrish/Thad in 2022.
I agree that TDs are generally opportunity stats. The part of the topic to which I responded was explosiveness/effectiveness based on coordinator. In this case, Lashlee clearly schemed specific plays for Knighton in the pass game that led to multiple TDs. We're not talking about a 6 to 3 disparity. We're talking about 11 to 1.

You can think back to occasions where we ran the same crap play for a setup and then unveiled the big play. Knighton got more opportunities in 2021 because that was explicitly part of Lashlee's plan. And, that's why I conclude that Lashlee used Knighton's skill set better than Gattis did. Lashlee's run game diversity was (is?) trash. But, it can't be looked at in isolation because he used that absurd volume of IZ to setup his RPOs and other vertical routes. I'm not even necessarily a full-out Lashlee guy, fwiw. I think his style of offense crumbles at certain levels. I just can plainly see he more appropriately used Knighton's skill set.

Advertisement
Back