Ridiculously overrated preseason teams

What is the most absurdly overrated preseason team?

• Tennessee

Votes: 122 59.8%
  • Washington

Votes: 32 15.7%
  • FSU

Votes: 25 12.3%
  • LSU

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 13 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
What on earth has either Tennessee done to merit their preseason rating?

Butch Jones has the familiar (to UM fans) 5,7,9 win pattern going into year 4 as head coach. Maybe some voters figure Jones will continue going up in wins. Plus I guess the close losses to Alabama and OU impressed poll voters. I still believe their poll rating is ridiculous.

Chris Peterson was great at BSU. But he hasn't done much of anything at UW to merit his high preseason rating. I guess voters believe his Boise magic will transfer over to UW even though it hasn't yet. Plus voters may figure that a new dynasty will begin in the PAC 12 North since Mark Helfrich at Oregon is seeming a bit like Larry Coker and Frank Solich right now.

Last edited:
Wash is loaded they should win the conference the schedule is tough

They have a great defense and good young offense peterson has the program on the rise

Wash is loaded they should win the conference the schedule is tough

They have a great defense and good young offense peterson has the program on the rise

With your 2 posts (the other of which is composed of the word "thanks") it seems as if you may be a UW fan posing as a Cane fan.

Advertisement
What on earth has either Tennessee done to merit their preseason rating?

Butch Jones has the familiar (to UM fans) 5,7,9 win pattern going into year 4 as head coach. Maybe some voters figure Jones will continue going up in wins. Plus I guess the close losses to Alabama and OU impressed poll voters. I still believe their poll rating is ridiculous.

Chris Peterson was great at BSU. But he hasn't done much of anything at UW to merit his high preseason rating. I guess voters believe his Boise magic will transfer over to UW even though it hasn't yet. Plus voters may figure that a new dynasty will begin in the PAC 12 North since Mark Helfrich at Oregon is seeming a bit like Larry Coker and Frank Solich right now.

Id argue that Herflich never came close to even, coker, status.

Dude is such a beta. Bruitlynn jenner prob thinks hes handsome

Advertisement
There isn't a single team that doesn't have significant questions. Alabama lost a lot (though lots of talent behind them & a new QB). Clemson lost a lot on D, FSU is breaking in a new QB & has a lot of turnover, Ohio St. had a TON of turnover...this will be a very interesting, wide-open year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Tennessee and Ole Miss.

Of course Ole Miss is overrated the year FSU leads off against them, so when they win everyone will crown FSU.

Tennessee got a preseason number 1 vote. They are far and beyond the most overrated

Advertisement
Back