Rank Em: Portal Transfers

I think Meesh underrated here. I don’t know for sure that he’s been the settling influence but sure looks like it to me. I’m not a db expert but when you don’t hear much about your safety you may not have Reed or Taylor but you seem to be in good hands.

Advertisement
Yeah right?
I know you said you were a big fan of his. I didn’t pay much attention to it because his recruitment seemed like a circus

Mentioned in another thread was talking to a Tennessee booster friend of mine today and he was telling me how devastated they were when he left. I think the UT fan that posts here said the same where they’re still loaded without him but wanted to keep him

Cheat code so far

What a difference from the first and half the second batch of portallers. Even with the "below expectations" guys, it's more head scratching for now than truly JAG performances. Only one I'm not a big fan of is Cook, and even he has a role to play.

What a difference from the first and half the second batch of portallers. Even with the "below expectations" guys, it's more head scratching for now than truly JAG performances. Only one I'm not a big fan of is Cook, and even he has a role to play.
Up until now Mario has been selling a vision and killing it

Imagine he gets to point to the NFL draft now

I think we all kinda felt the importance of this all coming together this year for a lot of reasons and so far so good, and like you said, still see some guys that will get better

Advertisement
I know you said you were a big fan of his. I didn’t pay much attention to it because his recruitment seemed like a circus

Mentioned in another thread was talking to a Tennessee booster friend of mine today and he was telling me how devastated they were when he left. I think the UT fan that posts here said the same where they’re still loaded without him but wanted to keep him

Cheat code so far
No doubt. When we started recruiting him I began to look into him then when he committed to us I started to watch his film from Tennessee as well as podcasts that focused on his film. My takeaway was that Baron could be a guy on the level of Jalen Phillips, Greg Rousseau and Reuben Bain yet unique in his own way. I saw him dominate in his Tennessee film and this wasn't just at DE. The Vols would move him all around the DL. This kid played and blew up SEC OLs at every technique.

I knew that the staff had cleared him in regards to his shoulder injury but those things have a funny way of rearing their ugly heads when you least expect it so that was the reason that I wasn't proclaiming him as the next dominant Miami DL during the offseason. I didn't want to jinx it but I had a really good idea of what we were getting if Baron stayed healthy. The idea of him and Bain on the DL together with Mesidor, Alston, Moten, Horton, Barrow and Scott is something that fills me with anticipation!

No doubt. When we started recruiting him I began to look into him then when he committed to us I started to watch his film from Tennessee as well as podcasts that focused on his film. My takeaway was that Baron could be a guy on the level of Jalen Phillips, Greg Rousseau and Reuben Bain yet unique in his own way. I saw him dominate in his Tennessee film and this wasn't just at DE. The Vols would move him all around the DL. This kid played at blew up SEC OLs at every technique.

I knew that the staff had cleared him in regards to his shoulder injury but those things have a funny way of rearing their ugly heads when you least expect it so that was the reason that I wasn't proclaiming him as the next dominant Miami DL during the offseason. I didn't want to jinx it but I had a really good idea of what we were getting if Baron stayed healthy. The idea of him and Bain on the DL together with Mesidor, Alston, Moten, Horton, Barrow and Scott is something that fills me with anticipation!
Very cool man

Sometimes when the recruitments get weird I just shut it down and tell myself I’ll care again when they’re actually on the team

Had I known how good he was, I probably would have made some more aggressive bets

Very cool man

Sometimes when the recruitments get weird I just shut it down and tell myself I’ll care again when they’re actually on the team

Had I known how good he was, I probably would have made some more aggressive bets
I know exactly what you mean but this kid managed to really grab my attention. Probably because I knew how important this season would be to Mario in terms of manifesting the vision he had been selling. So far so good. Knock on wood!

Martinez has been disappointing, he dances to the line like Le'Veon Bell instead of using his 230 lbs. and plowing people over. I'm hoping he makes some adjustments, I think he could be a monster.
Plowing people over (like he did when he ran over the UFag defender in game 1) looks good but usually results in a tackle. Martinez is a patient runner, looks for a hole instead of plowing into the line. He ran that way at Oregon State. It's how he breaks a lot of his long runs, finding lanes and cut backs. Nobody looks good running it 3 times for 3 yards. He'll look a lot better once he gets used to running inside zone and isn't going up against 8 in the box.

Advertisement
It’s a beautiful thing when you haven’t had to rely heavily on Clark. I mean **** Mesidor lines up inside half of the game, Barrow has done a great job so far, and then you have guys like Moten, Scott, and Horton emerging.
I wonder if Clark is regretting transferring here.

Advertisement
Back