Ramon Buchanan expectations?

Gaines hasn't shown me anything. He was awful in the middle, then got lost after he moved.

We'll see, but I'm not expecting much.

yep. I'm hoping that we don't see him...between Buchanon, Perryman, and one or two of Kirby, Paul, maybe one of the other FR surprise

Advertisement
Gaines hasn't shown me anything. He was awful in the middle, then got lost after he moved.

awful is an over statement. he was playing out of position last year and had just converted over to the position before the season. plus he was playing behind DTs that didn't get any penetration and never required a double team. Spence was better at MLB but still wasn't all world simply cause its hard to be good at MLB with poor DT play. Being on the outside though suits what Gaines can do best - be aggressive attacking the line of scrimmage and playing his role within the defense.

and I see Gaines as a SLB preferably. If he ends up at WLB I don't like his game as much for this defense. And same goes for Buchanon overall. I like him a lot more as a WLB than SLB - at SLB I don't like him at all.

awful is an over statement. he was playing out of position last year and had just converted over to the position before the season. plus he was playing behind DTs that didn't get any penetration and never required a double team. Spence was better at MLB but still wasn't all world simply cause its hard to be good at MLB with poor DT play. Being on the outside though suits what Gaines can do best - be aggressive attacking the line of scrimmage and playing his role within the defense.

and I see Gaines as a SLB preferably. If he ends up at WLB I don't like his game as much for this defense. And same goes for Buchanon overall. I like him a lot more as a WLB than SLB - at SLB I don't like him at all.

This guy has it right. Same way Gaines was forced in too early and in the wrong spot, Buch was also forced to play out of position since he got here. He belongs at the Will spot. Unfortunately, so did Spence. If he is fully healed and ready to go, I expect a solid season out of him, if Gaines(or someone else) can hold down the Sam.

Advertisement
Back