Ramon Buchanan expectations?

mwcane31

Sophomore
Maybe it has been talked about here but how is he progressing and what are the expectations for him? I thought he was pretty reliable last year before he got hurt.

Advertisement
I think he finally puts it together. I would like to see him have an All ACC type year, he has the athleticism, he's a senior, big time opportunity for him. He's playing for draft status. He will put up big numbers at the combine, he just needs to get some good film together. I hope he realizes this.

I think he will have a good year. we should be much better at LB with him and Perryman...hopefully no more Gaines

I see him as a rotation player. I just don't think he has it. Might be replaced by a younger guy at the WILL spot (Paul, Kirby)

Advertisement
It is really tough to comeback your 1st ear after a major knee injury so my expectations are not that high. Hopefully he can do it though.

There won't be a lot of difference between Gaines and Buchanan. Gaines is a better LB than he gets credit for, and Buchanan isn't as good as he gets credit for. Hopefully they can both play at a decent level and compliment Perryman.

Advertisement
It is really tough to comeback your 1st ear after a major knee injury so my expectations are not that high. Hopefully he can do it though.

not so much at LB. he will be fine. I'm not expecting All ACC but I think he will be solid. idk what anyone is watching when they say that Gaines is solid. dude was AWFUL last year. of course he could improve but I dont have high hopes. rather play a kid like Kirby

Gaines was thrown into the fire. not many kids can be Perryman or Spence out of highschool.

Gaines is also stil only 19 i think. Maybe 20 at most. Kid was young when he graduated. He's a big dude now. He'll be fine.

Cookie has had 5 years to do something. Just sayin

Gaines is really an outside backer... Playing him the middle for the first time was too much of a task for him at that time... He wasnt bad but he was young... Hopefully Buchanon can put every thing together this year...

Advertisement
I had such high hopes for this guy when he signed, but I truly can't remember one significant play that he has ever made. Maybe the light comes on this year, not holding my breath

I expect a solid senior year out of Cookie. Similar to the senior years that Darryl Sharpton and Colin McCarthy had.

Advertisement
Anything we can get from the Shannon holdovers will be a plus. Not expecting much, but this being the 2nd year in a new culture who knows.

If memory serves, the new staff liked what they saw from him post-arrest and pre-injury, thought he could contribute in D'Onofrio's scheme. If so--I'm all for it. This is his "contract year"...time to get that draft status up. Due to that--I expect a pretty good season if he can stay injury free.

I thought that Cookie showed much improvement last year and was the Canes 2nd best LB before he got hurt! He had put on weight and looked like he was much more suited for the LB position. Hope he is healthy.

Advertisement
Back