Qb accuracy drills 3/13/22

TVD’s hype is justified based on actual results in real life games vs ACC opponents.

Garcia’s hype is based on HS rating, last year’s Spring game & 14 passes against Central Connecticut ST.

I know you guys are foaming at the mouth to crown Garcia, but he hasn’t taken a single snap yet vs a FBS team, let him earn it before yall make TVD walk the plank.
I keep saying it, TVD is a GENERATIONAL TALENT and we will miss him when he leaves. He is the only possible reason for any talk of playoffs this year as unlikely as that is.

Advertisement
First, you’re anticipating that TVD will have bad games or moments that will cost us games, but you’re assuming that Jake wouldn’t in the same scenario. We have no idea what Jake would do on the road in a hostile environment if the team is down by points, so we can’t assume that Jake would come riding in on his White horse to save the day, we don’t know what we don’t know, so it’s not wise to assume we’ll know what we don’t know.

I’m all for competition too, if Jake Garcia proves to be the better QB, then yes he should play, but he hasn’t done that yet, he had a season ending injury last year & just now coming back this Spring, what has he done between September of last year to right now to all of the sudden start getting playing time ahead of TVD?

I understand you & many others are really really high on Garcia, trust me I get it, but he hasn’t actually proven anything yet & until TVD plays like complete crap or gets injured it would be foolish to sit a potential 1st round QB on the bench just because we have a Red Frosh behind him that people think is better. It’s entirely up to him if he wants to stay or not, if he feels he needs to start right now or that he doesn’t want to sit behind TVD, then he knows what to do, nobody is holding a gun to his head & forcing him to stay here. The fact that he is still here should indicate to you guys that maybe he’s aware of the situation & understands his role on the team, maybe he knows his time will come when his time will come 🤷🏽‍♂️...

As far as anticipating TVD’s struggles, I’m not a fortune teller bro, it depends on what happens, context is everything there’s no one size fits all situation that answers everything. It’s about the what & the why. IF he does struggle it’s about why, when & how & my assessment of that will happen after I watch the games, I don’t have enough clairvoyance to know exactly what’s going happen 6-9 months in advance lol, the games will tell the story.

But here’s what I have to ask, what if TVD is terrible & gets benched & then Garcia comes in & he’s bad too, then what? How about we wait to see what happens first before we already rewrite the Varsity Blues script lol.
Absolutely spot on!!! Thank you.

TVD’s hype is justified based on actual results in real life games vs ACC opponents.

Garcia’s hype is based on HS rating, last year’s Spring game & 14 passes against Central Connecticut ST.

I know you guys are foaming at the mouth to crown Garcia, but he hasn’t taken a single snap yet vs a FBS team, let him earn it before yall make TVD walk the plank.
A lot of the dudes hyping Garcia were the same ones that trashed TVD early on.

No, TVD will start the entire season.

The only way Garcia plays is if TVD gets hurt & if we ever have a double digit lead in the 4th quarter, which probably won’t happen too often considering the style of offense we’ll be playing & even in the event he does get in during the 2nd half of a few games, he’ll be mostly handing the ball off.

2023 is Garcia’s year to prove if he can live up to the hype, anything else concerning Garcia is just fan fiction.

We need to get back to being up by 4 TDs by half time on the Dukes and Ga Techs of the schedule. It’s not inconceivable. Then we’d see a lot of Jake and maybe even a package or two with Brown.

Advertisement
We need to get back to being up by 4 TDs by half time on the Dukes and Ga Techs of the schedule. It’s not inconceivable. Then we’d see a lot of Jake and maybe even a package or two with Brown.
Just need to prepare for every game like its a big game…Also if we have a scheme on offense that is aggressive plus steele’s defense this will happen more often against lesser talent. We’ll see

dang. so you want one of our guys to have have his last game as a cane throwing zero tds and 5 ints and then throw 77 tds and 112 ints in his first 6 years of the NFL? I'm kidding. but dang vinny did go through quite the rough spot.

Hard to compare a 5'10" QB with one that's 6'5"-6'6". If Brown has the heart of King with his physical gifts, I'll take another King all day every day. Kings ONLY limitations were due to his height.
I would rather have a qb hat can throw the ball accurately farther than 15 yards.(Unlike king) King was strong at running and moving around in the pocket. He lacked arm talent. Since the day TVD stepped on that campus, it was clear he was more talented than the rest of the room. King regressed during his career because teams would put Spy's on him to prevent him from running. I really hope Brown can develop an arm like TVD.

Advertisement
Garcia isn't starting over TVD this year so let's put an end to that conversation. And Garcia is well aware of this fact as is everyone who saw TVD play last year. He can sit behind TVD for the season and will likely be the starter next year while Brown sits for 1-2 seasons behind Garcia.
I believe that within the next year, Brown or Garcia will leave. The portal is just like NFL free agency. Programs are starting to put a lot of their scholarship money towards portal players rather than high schoolers. It's really easy to just enter the portal and start at another program.

I believe that within the next year, Brown or Garcia will leave. The portal is just like NFL free agency. Programs are starting to put a lot of their scholarship money towards portal players rather than high schoolers. It's really easy to just enter the portal and start at another program.
Very possible. I am describing an ideal scenario that many never occur in terms of Garcia and Brown waiting their turn.

I hope you’re right, but **** really. 😂 there’s three guys there, that for most schools, would be their GOATS on their own. I’d be thrilled if one of the current kids could have the college and pro careers of any one of the three.
Just a thought, I wonder how much Earl Morral played in all three players development? He too, was NFL All Pro and NFL player of the year.

dang. so you want one of our guys to have have his last game as a cane throwing zero tds and 5 ints and then throw 77 tds and 112 ints in his first 6 years of the NFL? I'm kidding. but dang vinny did go through quite the rough spot.
Always bring up one bad game at UM....No mention of him throttling OU in 85 and 86 though...he Destroyed an Elite Secondary both yrs....his NFL stats Sh*t on 4 NFL HOFers...and has a SB Ring (as a backup) he still is the best QB I've seen at UM.....

Advertisement
Always bring up one bad game at UM....No mention of him throttling OU in 85 and 86 though...he Destroyed an Elite Secondary both yrs....his NFL stats Sh*t on 4 NFL HOFers...and has a SB Ring (as a backup) he still is the best QB I've seen at UM.....
I agree. Vinny had the best arm and scrambling combo of all of them. I always thought the Tennessee and PSU games were more failures to adjust and Vinny just got rattled.

In the NFL, it just continued with very poor teams he played on. It really took him about 10 years to really show what we saw him do consistently at Miami.

Advertisement
Garcia isn't starting over TVD this year so let's put an end to that conversation. And Garcia is well aware of this fact as is everyone who saw TVD play last year. He can sit behind TVD for the season and will likely be the starter next year while Brown sits for 1-2 seasons behind Garcia.
To be fair, it’s not a conversation so much as just some silly **** a few people say.

Hard to compare a 5'10" QB with one that's 6'5"-6'6". If Brown has the heart of King with his physical gifts, I'll take another King all day every day. Kings ONLY limitations were due to his height.

He didn’t mesh as well as we wanted with his limited oc and he didn’t protect himself enough running the ball.

If Lashlee realized he wasn’t Nick Marshall, he would have stayed healthier longer.

I go back and watch the 2020 games. He was a different passer from Oklahoma State on, and it wasn’t just that defenses were playing WAY off to try to prevent his big plays running and passing.

He could make every throw most of 2020 but became more reluctant to push it downfield OSU onward. I think he hurt that shoulder earlier than we knew and the Bama and MSU games just finished him off.

Advertisement
Back