Qb accuracy drills 3/13/22

Advertisement
I didn't mean to offend QB KING. Of course he had courage and heart, and it didn't help with the oline.
The only knock on King was his lack of field vision, being 5'10". So, if Brown can be the same QB as King, but much taller, then look out. King was a warrior, and did the best he could given his limitations. I'll take that from Brown as well.

Advertisement
When's the last time we had a QB room like this?

richt.webp

Advertisement
Kind of insane to think that Garcia may end up being a better QB than TVD when it's all said and done and TVD is a potential top 2 round pick in next year's draft
Top 2 round pick? QBs that throw like TVD go in the top 10 of the draft. I'd be shocked if he falls to round 2 for the 2023 draft. If he's projected there, he needs to come back.

Kind of insane to think that Garcia may end up being a better QB than TVD when it's all said and done and TVD is a potential top 2 round pick in next year's draft
Just so you know the coaches don't think this way. TVD is ahead and there's no question about it.

Garcia isn't starting over TVD this year so let's put an end to that conversation. And Garcia is well aware of this fact as is everyone who saw TVD play last year. He can sit behind TVD for the season and will likely be the starter next year while Brown sits for 1-2 seasons behind Garcia.
I saw Spencer Ratler get all the same hype going into 2021, then the fan base turned on him due to bad play. If another is better then he should play, not wait bcuz one has the hype from the previous season.

Is it possible for Garcia to beat out TVD to start the season? Two great qbs but if Garcia doesn’t see the field idk if he will be here next year. Just my .02
No, TVD will start the entire season.

The only way Garcia plays is if TVD gets hurt & if we ever have a double digit lead in the 4th quarter, which probably won’t happen too often considering the style of offense we’ll be playing & even in the event he does get in during the 2nd half of a few games, he’ll be mostly handing the ball off.

2023 is Garcia’s year to prove if he can live up to the hype, anything else concerning Garcia is just fan fiction.

Advertisement
I saw Spencer Ratler get all the same hype going into 2021, then the fan base turned on him due to bad play. If another is better then he should play, not wait bcuz one has the hype from the previous season.
TVD’s hype is justified based on actual results in real life games vs ACC opponents.

Garcia’s hype is based on HS rating, last year’s Spring game & 14 passes against Central Connecticut ST.

I know you guys are foaming at the mouth to crown Garcia, but he hasn’t taken a single snap yet vs a FBS team, let him earn it before yall make TVD walk the plank.

TVD’s hype is justified based on actual results in real life games vs ACC opponents.

Garcia’s hype is based on HS rating, last year’s Spring game & 14 passes against Central Connecticut ST.

I know you guys are foaming at the mouth to crown Garcia, but he hasn’t taken a single snap yet vs a FBS team, let him earn it before yall make TVD walk the plank.
I want to preface my post by saying, I like Jake a lot, but he has not done anything at the collegiate level as of yet, and should have to prove himself in games and not be given ****.

TvD fell in the perfect situation last season. But he was not the perfect qb and he flat out struggled in games. With no viable option to go to when moments came, and knowing that he would not be pulled inspite of those times, he was allowed to settle into the game and finish strong. Any other time, he would have been pulled.

My question to you about Jake is when do he get his opportunity to prove himself if the choir is willing to sink or swim with TvD? Does he have to sit and wait even though TvD is going through some bad games or moments that are costing the team wins?

So based off last season, Jake and his talent should just leave bcuz he really has no chance until 2023, that's if TvD decides to leave early.

Are we not about competition at the U any more? The better player or the one that gives us the best chance to win should sit bcuz another had a good showing the previous season.

TvD has earned the right to start the fall as QB1, plain and simple. If he does nothing to lose that spot then he should go into next season as QB1. If he plays well he should hang on to that position and we should be okay. But if Jake performs at a high level in big games when put in bcuz QB1 struggles, does he still have to sit bcuz the choir says it's not his time yet?

I've been on this board long enuf to know who you are and I respect your take for the most part with this program. Will you blame the new offense or offensive coach if TvD struggles? Will you blame the receivers for bad routes or not getting separation? Will it be the play calling that excuses TvD from any blame? I just thought we were about the name on the front of the jersey more than the name on the back.

I know I'm going to get a good response coming from one of cis legends and I look forward to it. I wish I could chat it up with you sometimes, you seem to know whut you're talking about 98% of times.

I want to preface my post by saying, I like Jake a lot, but he has not done anything at the collegiate level as of yet, and should have to prove himself in games and not be given ****.

TvD fell in the perfect situation last season. But he was not the perfect qb and he flat out struggled in games. With no viable option to go to when moments came, and knowing that he would not be pulled inspite of those times, he was allowed to settle into the game and finish strong. Any other time, he would have been pulled.

My question to you about Jake is when do he get his opportunity to prove himself if the choir is willing to sink or swim with TvD? Does he have to sit and wait even though TvD is going through some bad games or moments that are costing the team wins?

So based off last season, Jake and his talent should just leave bcuz he really has no chance until 2023, that's if TvD decides to leave early.

Are we not about competition at the U any more? The better player or the one that gives us the best chance to win should sit bcuz another had a good showing the previous season.

TvD has earned the right to start the fall as QB1, plain and simple. If he does nothing to lose that spot then he should go into next season as QB1. If he plays well he should hang on to that position and we should be okay. But if Jake performs at a high level in big games when put in bcuz QB1 struggles, does he still have to sit bcuz the choir says it's not his time yet?

I've been on this board long enuf to know who you are and I respect your take for the most part with this program. Will you blame the new offense or offensive coach if TvD struggles? Will you blame the receivers for bad routes or not getting separation? Will it be the play calling that excuses TvD from any blame? I just thought we were about the name on the front of the jersey more than the name on the back.

I know I'm going to get a good response coming from one of cis legends and I look forward to it. I wish I could chat it up with you sometimes, you seem to know whut you're talking about 98% of times.
First, you’re anticipating that TVD will have bad games or moments that will cost us games, but you’re assuming that Jake wouldn’t in the same scenario. We have no idea what Jake would do on the road in a hostile environment if the team is down by points, so we can’t assume that Jake would come riding in on his White horse to save the day, we don’t know what we don’t know, so it’s not wise to assume we’ll know what we don’t know.

I’m all for competition too, if Jake Garcia proves to be the better QB, then yes he should play, but he hasn’t done that yet, he had a season ending injury last year & just now coming back this Spring, what has he done between September of last year to right now to all of the sudden start getting playing time ahead of TVD?

I understand you & many others are really really high on Garcia, trust me I get it, but he hasn’t actually proven anything yet & until TVD plays like complete crap or gets injured it would be foolish to sit a potential 1st round QB on the bench just because we have a Red Frosh behind him that people think is better. It’s entirely up to him if he wants to stay or not, if he feels he needs to start right now or that he doesn’t want to sit behind TVD, then he knows what to do, nobody is holding a gun to his head & forcing him to stay here. The fact that he is still here should indicate to you guys that maybe he’s aware of the situation & understands his role on the team, maybe he knows his time will come when his time will come 🤷🏽‍♂️...

As far as anticipating TVD’s struggles, I’m not a fortune teller bro, it depends on what happens, context is everything there’s no one size fits all situation that answers everything. It’s about the what & the why. IF he does struggle it’s about why, when & how & my assessment of that will happen after I watch the games, I don’t have enough clairvoyance to know exactly what’s going happen 6-9 months in advance lol, the games will tell the story.

But here’s what I have to ask, what if TVD is terrible & gets benched & then Garcia comes in & he’s bad too, then what? How about we wait to see what happens first before we already rewrite the Varsity Blues script lol.

Advertisement
First, you’re anticipating that TVD will have bad games or moments that will cost us games, but you’re assuming that Jake wouldn’t in the same scenario. We have no idea what Jake would do on the road in a hostile environment if the team is down by points, so we can’t assume that Jake would come riding in on his White horse to save the day, we don’t know what we don’t know, so it’s not wise to assume we’ll know what we don’t know.

I’m all for competition too, if Jake Garcia proves to be the better QB, then yes he should play, but he hasn’t done that yet, he had a season ending injury last year & just now coming back this Spring, what has he done between September of last year to right now to all of the sudden start getting playing time ahead of TVD?

I understand you & many others are really really high on Garcia, trust me I get it, but he hasn’t actually proven anything yet & until TVD plays like complete crap or gets injured it would be foolish to sit a potential 1st round QB on the bench just because we have a Red Frosh behind him that people think is better. It’s entirely up to him if he wants to stay or not, if he feels he needs to start right now or that he doesn’t want to sit behind TVD, then he knows what to do, nobody is holding a gun to his head & forcing him to stay here. The fact that he is still here should indicate to you guys that maybe he’s aware of the situation & understands his role on the team, maybe he knows his time will come when his time will come 🤷🏽‍♂️...

As far as anticipating TVD’s struggles, I’m not a fortune teller bro, it depends on what happens, context is everything there’s no one size fits all situation that answers everything. It’s about the what & the why. IF he does struggle it’s about why, when & how & my assessment of that will happen after I watch the games, I don’t have enough clairvoyance to know exactly what’s going happen 6-9 months in advance lol, the games will tell the story.

But here’s what I have to ask, what if TVD is terrible & gets benched & then Garcia comes in & he’s bad too, then what? How about we wait to see what happens first before we already rewrite the Varsity Blues script lol.
I guess I thought too high of you, you put words into my mouth and read things in between the lines that I did not say. Your post consisted of assumptions and speculations to validate your argument. But I'm Kool with that and your opinion is your opinion. I don't go back and forth on social media and I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening.

I guess I thought too high of you, you put words into my mouth and read things in between the lines that I did not say. Your post consisted of assumptions and speculations to validate your argument. But I'm Kool with that and your opinion is your opinion. I don't go back and forth on social media and I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening.
My argument is simply Jake hasn’t proven he should play right now because TVD is the starter, if TVD plays terrible then he’ll get his shot, but until then what is there to debate exactly?

I don’t get what’s so upsetting or anything, I apologize if I said anything wrong, all I’m saying is Garcia will have his time when it’s his time & as of right now it’s not his time because he simply hasn’t done enough for him to unseat TVD.

If that’s bad or wrong, then I have no idea what else I’m supposed to say 🤷🏽‍♂️

Advertisement
Back