Portal Urgency

Imagine if Mario gave a portal update every 30 minutes on twitter spaces. Would you guys be happy?
That's gonna be a no from me, dawg.

Update #1
kanye-west-bored-gif.gif

Update # 2
200w.gif

Update # 3
pablo-escobar.gif

Update # 4
dave-chappelle-chappelle-show.gif

Update # 5
ec42504973a2ea66f3c42f8e732a4eda_w200.gif

Advertisement
Imagine if Mario gave a portal update every 30 minutes on twitter spaces. Would you guys be happy?
Portal has been open 11 days 3 more days for guys to enter. Mario has signed no one. Other programs with needs have. I would call fha a reason to be concerned.

Advertisement

This post applies here

We are not slow. Guys who are actually looking around have visited and are visiting. Kids who entered portal because Riley tampered are signing with USC who they entered for. Same goes for FSU de and colorado and houston rb and colorado. Notre Dame qb and alabama. They are going where they knew they were going when they entered.

Now if you dont like who we are going after thats a different story. But i think about 95% of the big names knew where they were going already and we never hd a shot unless we tampered.

Advertisement
Portal has been open 11 days 3 more days for guys to enter. Mario has signed no one. Other programs with needs have. I would call fha a reason to be concerned.

No one has signed anyone. That's the truth.

When high school recruits commit, you have a never-ending string of porsters come here to tell us that verbals don't mean anything.

When a Portal kid verbally tells you that he is picking a school, though he has not signed an NIL, and may not enroll for another 4 months, people run around like an actual binding contract was signed.

Relax. Nobody has signed.

Colorado's "portal publicly-announced verbals" are just as binding as our "portal silent verbals".

It did raise my eyebrows that both Pack and Omier both put their names out there at the same time shortly after the bad LifeWallet news came out.
No offense since you aren’t a regular on the basketball board but these decisions have NOTHING TO DO WITH LIFE WALLET.
Sorry for the caps as they are meant for everyone, not just you.

The NBA system allows a player to enter his name into the NBA draft so that player can be evaluated by NBA scouts and receive feedback on where the player is likely to be drafted, and more importantly for these 2, what scouts think the player must do to improve his NBA draft prospects. Entering one’s name is precisely what any player who aspires to play in the NBA should do. Especially Players who are 1-2 years away from being legion draft prospects. And I can guarantee that Coach L encouraged both players to do this so that they could receive feedback from outside the program as to how they are perceived and what they need to do to get better.

Now let’s reexamine your original point. If this was a LW issue, Omier and Pack would not have entered their names into the NBA draft, they would have entered the transfer portal and would have received a lot of money from multiple schools.

I should have followed @Angry Ibis advice and simply replied, “Asked and Answered”.

Advertisement
Have to guess other than Bear from UGA mario hasnt wanted to hand out anything resembling a guaranteed starting job…

Be honest with yourselves when kids leave via the portal they **** near want assurance they are starting

I guess I just COMPLETELY miscalculated the timeline. Really thought SOMEONE would have announced their intentions by now. USC, Colorado, 'Bama - just to mention a few on the board with recognizable verbals/commits. Meanwhile, we're left to wonder - do we have 'silents' or are guys shopping around? This may ruffle feathers, and I know at least one who will weigh-in, but the wait, to me, screams BUDGET.

Advertisement
No offense since you aren’t a regular on the basketball board but these decisions have NOTHING TO DO WITH LIFE WALLET.
Sorry for the caps as they are meant for everyone, not just you.

The NBA system allows a player to enter his name into the NBA draft so that player can be evaluated by NBA scouts and receive feedback on where the player is likely to be drafted, and more importantly for these 2, what scouts think the player must do to improve his NBA draft prospects. Entering one’s name is precisely what any player who aspires to play in the NBA should do. Especially Players who are 1-2 years away from being legion draft prospects. And I can guarantee that Coach L encouraged both players to do this so that they could receive feedback from outside the program as to how they are perceived and what they need to do to get better.

Now let’s reexamine your original point. If this was a LW issue, Omier and Pack would not have entered their names into the NBA draft, they would have entered the transfer portal and would have received a lot of money from multiple schools.

I should have followed @Angry Ibis advice and simply replied, “Asked and Answered”.
I understand how the process works; just because I don’t post doesn’t mean I don’t follow. I’m just saying the combination of Ruiz being a lot quieter turns normal, portal quiet (basketball and football), and both guys testing waters, just raises eyebrows. Not panic, just paying attention and asking questions.

Someone made a good point in thinking Mario knows this team isn’t in win now mode this year so why overspend for a one and done type player?
A lot of these guys are 2+ years of eligibility. I feel like it’s actually an overwhelming majority.

Advertisement
Back