Pittsburgh at Miami at 6 pm on ACCN

When you have 12 guys(Which is what most teams run with) and 6 are unavailable, how is that on the coach? Let that settle in. Our fans are morons and it's beyond frustrating watching as they demand change, for something that no coach would be able to overcome. Even if you had 12 future NBA players on the roster, you lose 6 of them, that's going to affect the product.
🤣 3 straight seasons I’ve seen excuses like this. Absolutely pathetic.

Advertisement
Hasn't been the same since Konkol and Huger got head coaching gigs.
This is exactly when the red flags starting shining for me. We used to be well prepared, we used to execute at a high level, in game adjustments were there, and one of those guys had a set of two that could get you an easy bucket when needed. All of those things have been missing since they left and the results speak for themselves. I don’t think our fanbase knows the game at a high level and most are cheerleaders/fanboys

Injuries are hard to overcome, especially when your best shooters are out. But the 6 or 7 guys who did play last night looked like a disjointed, poorly coached mess. We had twice as many turnovers as assists. Horrible plays out of timeouts. Terrible shot selection. Defense on this squad looks improved from last year but the offense is even worse.

I know he’s in a tough position and playing more minutes than he should be, but there appears to be zero development snd improvement from Beverly. He’s the same careless player he was last year, and somehow his shooting is even worse. L used to be known for player development. I haven’t seen that lately.

One of my main issues with Coach: This has been known for awhile (see below). Some reason we've made zero coaching changes, in terms of firing someone and bringing in someone better.

Advertisement
When you have 12 guys(Which is what most teams run with) and 6 are unavailable, how is that on the coach? Let that settle in. Our fans are morons and it's beyond frustrating watching as they demand change, for something that no coach would be able to overcome. Even if you had 12 future NBA players on the roster, you lose 6 of them, that's going to affect the product.

1. Injuries are part of the game. They happened to everyone and at random times. Some are cursed, some are lucky. Nobody faults Coach because kids go down, per se. Some years are a fluke, this being one.

2. Yes, we have 12 guys on scholarship but 1 of them (i.e. EO) shouldn't count because it was a fluke that he is eligible NOW. We didn't apply for a waiver but the NCAA said ___________ and everyone can play. EO being eligible is a gift that was unexpected. Coach went into this season believing that he would only have 11 active ships. Of those 11, 1 (Gak) has been pretty much injured his whole tenure and not reliable. More on this to come.

3. For numerous years, we haven't filled the class and used all our scholarships. I am unclear why we consistently go into each season SAVING scholarships but it certainly wouldn't hurt having another active player.

4. As for the guys currently on scholarship, some are pretty useless. With that said, if you're going to (a) carry subpar guys on the roster and (b) not fill the class, you better make sure that the scholarships you do use are quality and not waste.

5. As for our specific injuries RIGHT NOW. Not all of them are the same. Clearly Lykes and Kam are major. We know they're starters and average ~28 PPG (combined). Lykes clearly gives us something on offense that we desperately need. Those injuries REALLY HURT.

As for big men, Brooks is 10000 times better than anything we had last year. Walker is pretty solid, getting better, and he should have minutes over Rodney and Sam. As for Gak, he looks good given his condition. I like him more than Rodney.

But Rodney, useless. Sam, wouldn't hurt to have him. We should win without them especially when the other 3 (e.g. Brooks, Walker this year and Gak) are better than what we had last year.

As for Timberlake, we've seen regression from Bev. It would not hurt to have Timberlake.

-----

One thing on Coaching: Why are we continuing to do stupid things? These kids can't shoot but we continue to chuck and chuck and chuck 3s.
As for the last 3 games, we're 8-60 from the 3PTL. Is coach really pushing this strategy? If that is the case, why?

Advertisement
So Jax is our last opponent before we start getting some of the injured guys back, right?

Advertisement
Losing Huger was huge. He had that NE to MIA pipeline flowing.

It will be Caputo. Blake Lewis has hired internal (lead assistant) for the baseball and football team.
What makes you think the basketball team will be different?
Unless you have a $30 million dollar check to donate to UM that requires them to hire someone else.

There's no way Miami hires Caputo to become full-time HC. Only way Caputo becomes HC is if Miami fires Coach L midway thru the season and Caputo takes over on a interim basis. Emphasis on "interim".

Last edited:
Losing Huger was huge. He had that NE to MIA pipeline flowing.

There's no way Miami hires Caputo to become full-time HC. Only way Caputo becomes HC is if Miami fires Coach L midway thru the season and Caputo takes over on a interim basis. Emphasis on "interim".
can you elaborate please?

Advertisement

Given our last hires (e.g. Manny and Gino), I can easily see them doing this. In fact, I have no doubt that Caputo will be considered seriously.

When was the last time the admins made a rational/logical choice?

Given our last hires (e.g. Manny and Gino), I can easily see them doing this. In fact, I have no doubt that Caputo will be considered seriously.

When was the last time the admins made a rational/logical choice?

You say "admins" as if it is plural.

This is predominantly about Beta Blake and his decision-making process. It doesn't matter how many other people are on the "committee", this is all about him.

Frenk is a dead man walking and Blake is putting masking tape on the floor around his office like he's Les Nessman.

Advertisement
Back