Pittsburgh at Miami at 6 pm on ACCN

Advertisement
I loved Coach L when he first got here. I thought he was an underrated coach but somewhere along the way he started losing me as a believer. I still think he's a good X's & O's guy. I don't believe people just lose that from one day to another. I think he's stubborn and if Coach L doesn't make changes to the staff, he's going to find the same end result as Coach Richt did here.

I don’t understand why everybody is always hurt. We consistently go into games with less scholarship players than anybody else in America. Roster management issues, strength/conditioning, etc. I don’t know. But this **** is ridiculous and it isn’t a 1 year thing. It’s been going on for years. Somebody needs to figure it out.

Hard to root for a team that can't recruit for need. Big man depth is an issue and we continue to look past it. When Pitt's upperclassmen bigs went down a freshman named John Hughley and scored 9 points in 13 min, giving them a boost. This guy should've been on our team, it's that simple. How can you let a guy go to Pitt over us when we have so much PT available. Just poor roster construction.

Advertisement
Miami lost by 15 but keep this in perspective.

Miami only has 7 scholarship players, they shot 17-51 from the field, 5-24 from 3 and 16-31 from the free throw line.

Miami does not have a talent issue, they have an execution issue. Particularly making shots.
I hear a lot of reasons (injuries, shooting, execution, etc.) why Miami isn't good right now, but I'm not hearing any reasons why anyone should believe this team can turn it around. Getting healthy will definitely help some. Lykes is probably the only player on on UM's roster that could start for a lot of the other teams in the ACC. This tells me we're either very young or not very talented. I think we're a little bit of both. There's a difference between being a good team, having talent or having potential. Many of the young players on the team have shown some potential at one point or another and time will tell how good they become. Problem is, with all the losing will Coach L and staff get the opportunity to see those young players develop? Again, changes need to be made and it's up to Coach L to make that happen.

I loved Coach L when he first got here. I thought he was an underrated coach but somewhere along the way he started losing me as a believer. I still think he's a good X's & O's guy. I don't believe people just lose that from one day to another. I think he's stubborn and if Coach L doesn't make changes to the staff, he's going to find the same end result as Coach Richt did here.
Hasn't been the same since Konkol and Huger got head coaching gigs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He did this to himself and I have no sympathy for him. Thanks for what you did here but it’s time to go Jimmy. Hang it up and get someone who knows how to manage a **** roster. And it better not be Caputo.

It will be Caputo. Blake Lewis has hired internal (lead assistant) for the baseball and football team.
What makes you think the basketball team will be different?
Unless you have a $30 million dollar check to donate to UM that requires them to hire someone else.

Is it really 12 scholarship players when 7 of them are injured?
Health is wealth. Health is not an excuse, it is a legitimate factor.
If you lose your health and you cannot work then can you pay your bills?

When you have 12 guys(Which is what most teams run with) and 6 are unavailable, how is that on the coach? Let that settle in. Our fans are morons and it's beyond frustrating watching as they demand change, for something that no coach would be able to overcome. Even if you had 12 future NBA players on the roster, you lose 6 of them, that's going to affect the product.

When you have 12 guys(Which is what most teams run with) and 6 are unavailable, how is that on the coach? Let that settle in. Our fans are morons and it's beyond frustrating watching as they demand change, for something that no coach would be able to overcome. Even if you had 12 future NBA players on the roster, you lose 6 of them, that's going to affect the product.
I hear you with this argument, and if we were coming off a tournament season I'd be a lot more understanding of the team dropping games right now because of injuries. Sometimes sh*t happens.

But we aren't coming off a tournament season, we're coming off 2 consecutive years in which the staff basically punted on the season altogether. Having an injury ravaged season is ok if you've accumulated some goodwill. The problem is, in the past 2 years, Jim's already burned through all his goodwill and then some.

At what point do you just say enough's enough?

Advertisement
You guys remember Angel's first year here? We had a pretty nasty team, but 3 terrible home losses in December kept us out of the tournament.

Its an abbreviated season, and we're already up to 2 of those losses.

I completely agree with you. They demand change but never list what type of change is necessary.
I completely believe that once this team gets healthy, they will compete for the ACC championship and win a few games in the NCAA tournament.

Advertisement
Back