Our DL Room is FILTHY

Advertisement
Advertisement
Impressive stat by Mich State considering their whole DL basically transferred out
They brought in 7 DL's & 3 LB's to replace all their transfer-outs & most of them are all starting or playing significant snaps.

They also revamped their Secondary & surrounded Charles Brantley with some more pieces to help him, which is allowing their DLine to get to the QB more often.

Mich ST has a very good Defensive staff. Joe Rossi is a good DC & always had good Defenses during his tenure at Minnesota. He always had good aggressive Defenses that got after the QB.

Jon Smith also brought Blue Adams with him from Oregon ST & brought in Demetrice Martin, that's 2 really good DB Coaches to assure your Secondary will be able to transition after an upheaval season from last year.

I think eventually their porous Offenss will catch up to them, but their Defense should remain pretty good for the rest of the season.

They brought in 7 DL's & 3 LB's to replace all their transfer-outs & most of them are all starting or playing significant snaps.

They also revamped their Secondary & surrounded Charles Brantley with some more pieces to help him, which is allowing their DLine to get to the QB more often.

Mich ST has a very good Defensive staff. Joe Rossi is a good DC & always had good Defenses during his tenure at Minnesota. He always had good aggressive Defenses that got after the QB.

Jon Smith also brought Blue Adams with him from Oregon ST & brought in Demetrice Martin, that's 2 really good DB Coaches to assure your Secondary will be able to transition after an upheaval season from last year.

I think eventually their porous Offenss will catch up to them, but their Defense should remain pretty good for the rest of the season.
def an impressive job, thought for sure they would be so thin on the DL

Advertisement
I want them to save this for when they really need it but they have the right personnel to do the Spagnuolo NASCAR package if they need to shut down a pass-happy opponent in a big game.

image-2024-09-19-045810863.png

I want them to save this for when they really need it but they have the right personnel to do the Spagnuolo NASCAR package if they need to shut down a pass-happy opponent in a big game.

image-2024-09-19-045810863.png
This will be a regular package for us imo, its almost impossible to not do it with how versatile our dline is

Alston can play the edge or you can stand him up over a guard or center to exploit that matchup or disguise it and drop him in coverage or to spy the qb, majority of this can apply to malik bryant as well

Baron played up and down the line at Tennessee, bain and Mesidor both can probably be better 3techs than they are edges but both have been hella good on the edge in college so you can mix it up hella ways to get them 1on1s

Last edited:
This will be a regular package for us imo, its almost impossible to not do it with how versatile our dline is

Alston can play the edge or you can stand him up over a guard or center to exploit that matchup or disguise it and drop him in coverage or to spy the qb, majority of this can apply to malik bryant as well

Baron played up and down the line at Tennessee, bain and Mesidor both can probably be better 3techs than they are edges but both have been hella good on the edge in college so you can mix it up hella ways to get them 1on1s
Bain is a better Edge than DT pre-injury. He's very fast with incredible strength and bend. That's what you want in your DE.

Advertisement
Bain is a better Edge than DT pre-injury. He's very fast with incredible strength and bend. That's what you want in your DE.
He’s an all american level player no matter where he plays but i still think he would be a better 3tech than edge. His build is a IDL build and he isn’t super athletic like, his game is built off strength and technique i think at 3tech he would be harder to stop

Advertisement
Proposed DL1 when Bain returns (maybe this week?)

DE Alston
DT Mesidor
DT Bain
DE Baron

Advertisement
Back