OU @ TCU

Advertisement
I don't even know why yall bringing his name up. He's a SMU. He would've been at SMU this year regardless. Pretty pointless to even mention his name anymore
Because this is the TCU vs OU thread and Lashlee coached with Dykes at SMU. I don't think anyone has the naivete that bringing back Lashlee is even a possibility. I think people just want a QB/WR friendly offense that puts up points.

I hate this style of offense man. It's so boring to watch and if you don't have the right players to run it, it helps out lesser talented teams close the gap.
See Harbaugh presents the dilemma for Miami fans. Because despite how much we don’t enjoy watching his teams play, they win at a high rate.
Sure he won’t beat Bama and UGA, but he will continue to challenge OSU even with less talent. In all that means Michigan is consistently in the top 5-10. With a boring offense.
It just shows me that there is no one offense that wins but rather how well a team runs its offense. We run our offense very poorly under Gattis.

See Harbaugh presents the dilemma for Miami fans. Because despite how much we don’t enjoy watching his teams play, they win at a high rate.
Sure he won’t beat Bama and UGA, but he will continue to challenge OSU even with less talent. In all that means Michigan is consistently in the top 5-10. With a boring offense.
It just shows me that there is no one offense that wins but rather how well a team runs its offense. We run our offense very poorly under Gattis.
All styles can work but conventional wisdom is that playing in a box with a power emphasis tends to fit a Midwest recruiting pool better and playing in space with speed tends to fit a SFL recruiting pool better.

And importantly once you run into a stacked team like Georgia you are going to have to pass to win. Football study hall said it well:

image-2022-10-01-153353122.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back