OT: Dabo Swinney stays at Clemson for more ten years

Fvck dabo, he’s a self serving ******* that don’t care about these kids , only care about his **** self and what’s coming in his pocket

Yup. I know what he was trying to say, but given his stature and what he makes, the message comes off as hypocritical.

Advertisement
Still, even at the max, the buyout is pretty manageable. Just $6M for Baga to buy him out right now, and only $4.5M in two years. Considering we paid, what, $1.5M to $2M to buy out Manny from his three week stint at Temple, that really doesn't seem like an insurmountable obstacle for a program like Baga.

This was all about recruiting.

Yeah that's chump change for Bama. Those cats probably just read about the buyout and called the REC to go ahead and put the money to the side. The reality is this, when Saban leaves, Swinney is going to have to tell Bama no. There's no way in **** Dabo is going to stay at Clemson because Bama couldn't "afford" him.

Starts at the top.

Clemson wants to win championships. Miami wants to make it appear that they do.
You should be hanged, disemboweled, beheaded and quartered, each of your limbs staked at the 4 corners of the looney bin you escaped from to warn future resident whackjobs of the dangers that await if they get out & pretend to be Canes fans.

Why would dabo leave for Bama he's made a name for himself at clemson.plus those South Carolina people will give him anything he wants including the state capitol.

You should be hanged, disemboweled, beheaded and quartered, each of your limbs staked at the 4 corners of the looney bin you escaped from to warn future resident whackjobs of the dangers that await if they get out & pretend to be Canes fans.

Man, you’re being way excessive.

Disemboweling is one bridge too far.

Advertisement
I'd take that deal. As if sanctions could be worse than the last decade and a half. The thing that bothers me most about the Shapiro stuff is how could we do so much cheating (allegedly), yet couldn't even win the ACC coastal division?
Thats the thing tho.... there wasn’t “that much” cheating. Shapiro gave out Tapas and car rides along w lunch money. The media just made it out to be huge.

I'd take that deal. As if sanctions could be worse than the last decade and a half. The thing that bothers me most about the Shapiro stuff is how could we do so much cheating (allegedly), yet couldn't even win the ACC coastal division?

Unless I’m mistaken, Shapiro wasn’t a bagman for recruiting. He was a jock-sniffer trying to buy player’s friendship.

Unless I’m mistaken, Shapiro wasn’t a bagman for recruiting. He was a jock-sniffer trying to buy player’s friendship.

I know. Shapiro wasn't even buying recruits, he just wanted to be seen with the players so he bought them dinners and boat rides. And for that alone, the NCAA enforcement c0cksuckers got such a hard-on to end Miami football that they tripped over their own ****s.

Meanwhile, the assistant basketball coach at Clemson basically says, "Of course we can keep the payments to Zion Williamson quiet, we just have to do the same thing our football program does to keep payments to recruits hush-hush."

That damning indictment made the Clemson BOT panic. Just kidding! The next day they gave Dabo Swinney the largest contract ever for a college head coach.

I know. Shapiro wasn't even buying recruits, he just wanted to be seen with the players so he bought them dinners and boat rides. And for that alone, the NCAA enforcement c0cksuckers got such a hard-on to end Miami football that they tripped over their own ****s.

Meanwhile, the assistant basketball coach at Clemson basically says, "Of course we can keep the payments to Zion Williamson quiet, we just have to do the same thing our football program does to keep payments to recruits hush-hush."

That damning indictment made the Clemson BOT panic. Just kidding! The next day they gave Dabo Swinney the largest contract ever for a college head coach.

Definitely a hypocrisy. 100% agreement.

Advertisement
Good coaches get their turn at being the front runner.

I've seen it rotate with Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Alabama, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, and Penn State - now with Alabama again, and Clemson.

Seems like decades - I heard that Bobby Bowden was leaving for Alabama - but that didn't happen as Bobby was a big fish in a smaller pond.

I think Dabo sticks for years - why do another start-up - initiating recruiting his style players, and upsetting some of his coaches that have deep roots at Clemson?

One thing I learned - nothing stays the same. Nothing.

Alabama football is a way of life for all involved in their program, from the Chancellor to the Cat selling hot dogs at the games, and everyone in between. Those who have not been first-hand witnesses to the Alabama football phenomenon simply have no idea as to the fanaticism.

Take the craziest, most fanatical 24/7/365 Canes fan and compare him/her to the little, old, grey-haired lady, Sunday School teacher Bama fan and the Canes fan would be driving Miss Daisy. It would not even be close. Again, until you've been amongst it your imagination cannot possibly offer you a clear picture as to Bama football enthusiasm.

Dabo was raised on Bama football and is a product and disciple of the God, Bear Bryant. Thus, no matter what he or others say his heart will ALWAYS be in Tuscaloosa. There are very few things in this life that I can say I am one hundred percent positive of, but Dabo returning to Bama at some point, assuming there are no unforeseen developments is a certainty.

If we know anything about sports, sports is cyclical. Miami will be back and Clemson will be back on the **** pile.

I feel confident saying that Clemson will add a few more rings over the next 10. Meyer is gone. Kyler murray is gone. Who does Clemson really have to compete with besides bama? No one.

I can’t say that about us. For **** sake when was the last time we had a roster with 85 and no glaring holes?

We can’t compete at the highest level.

Advertisement
Completely impressed by what Dabo has done at Clemson. Regardless of the extra benefits, they are winning and winning big and have built a school that use to fight for attention in SC into a national brand. They out coach, out recruit, and develop talent. Just hope he doesnt jump ship to BAMA eventually

when bama wants him he's out....True to life could care less about this. But the plugged in guy that i know told me this staight up..thats who they would go after if anything..and that was last year....and hes as good as it gets in the bama fraternity

I feel confident saying that Clemson will add a few more rings over the next 10. Meyer is gone. Kyler murray is gone. Who does Clemson really have to compete with besides bama? No one.

I can’t say that about us. For **** sake when was the last time we had a roster with 85 and no glaring holes?

We can’t compete at the highest level.

UGA couldn't compete at the highest level either until Richt was fired. Good things happen when you have a head coach that understands you have to bend the rules to run with the big dogs.

Two things:

1) Miami needs to kiss Emmert's *** and give him his own executive champagne room at Tootsies, Cheetahs, and every other S Fl ****y bar

2) it's cheaper to buy referees than recruits. A few flags here, fumble recoveries and non-calls there, and suddenly you are 12-0 and in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Completely off, but yet on subject....I know Miami doesn’t have the same money as these big state schools, but how much of our spending habits, excuse me, investment habits, are based upon our lack of resources v. our lack of drive?

Honest Question; and let me preface it as to why I asked, & maybe @caneinorlando can back me on this: But re-reading that article about why the 2001 Canes are unquestionably the greatest CFB team of all time, when Butch talked about his decision to go to Cle, it appeared it wasn’t just about the $$$ aspect, v. Miami’s admin bull chitting around w his contract. If not mistaken, JJ echo’d those sentiments as well. So I’m just wondering what’s truth and what’s perception.

Completely off, but yet on subject....I know Miami doesn’t have the same money as these big state schools, but how much of our spending habits, excuse me, investment habits, are based upon our lack of resources v. our lack of drive?

Honest Question; and let me preface it as to why I asked, & maybe @caneinorlando can back me on this: But re-reading that article about why the 2001 Canes are unquestionably the greatest CFB team of all time, when Butch talked about his decision to go to Cle, it appeared it wasn’t just about the $$$ aspect, v. Miami’s admin bull chitting around w his contract. If not mistaken, JJ echo’d those sentiments as well. So I’m just wondering what’s truth and what’s perception.
Miami admin wants to be NYU in South Florida.

Bama and Clemson want to be Triple A ball for the NFL.

Miami admin wants to be NYU in South Florida.

Bama and Clemson want to be Triple A ball for the NFL.

That’s as real as it gets. Just wondering Y Miami can’t be The Duke of Football? ****, Duke is still one of the best schools in the country if not the world, and still make sure their baby (basketball) is well taken care of. Why can’t Miami take care of academics and their babies (Football & Baseball)? This never resonated in my brain as long as I’ve been a fan which is over 30 years now.

Advertisement
Back