OL Max Buchanan commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Am sorry @Brooklyndee but to replace those SEC teams you have to say who should replace them. Is it Michigan, Ohklahoma St, UCF, Utah? They have the best teams because the spend the most money on their programs. Lower and mid teams can match up whichever conference they from but the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC is likely as good as another team from another conference. Thats where the separation is.

Thing is i dont care as long as Miami can match up with anyone. We won titles and created the best team of all time from the big east, playing Rutgers, BC, Uconn and Pitt

Ok is "most competent of all conferences" a better phrase?
I don't think they're even that. If the comparison is conferenced not teams in particular than you're saying too to bottom. For myself I'd say the big 10 is the deepest conference. Those numbers you talked about I didn't want to get into but if you take say UGA & bama out of those numbers ur losing 2 to 3 wins. The point isn't even bama and UGA ain't ****. It's the conference is tremendously top heavy and majority of the conference is basic or at the very least inspire no fear. They don't routinely play anyone out of conference. It don't matter though. Simply my opinion from being around this **** near my whole life. It all runs in phases & soon it'll be a moot point.

Am sorry @Brooklyndee but to replace those SEC teams you have to say who should replace them. Is it Michigan, Ohklahoma St, UCF, Utah? They have the best teams because the spend the most money on their programs. Lower and mid teams can match up whichever conference they from but the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC is likely as good as another team from another conference. Thats where the separation is.

Thing is i dont care as long as Miami can match up with anyone. We won titles and created the best team of all time from the big east, playing Rutgers, BC, Uconn and Pitt
No actually you shouldn't at this point of the season say who replaces them because pre season rankings etc are done solely for the fans, much like recruiting rankings. Teams should have to earn rankings and for that it's not a week or two basis. You talk about the big east like we were loose change. Should probably do a lil more research. My opinions are never formed by others takes on anything. People choose to and that's on them. But to beat Kentucky by 1 after they got gun smoked by a basic South Carolina team just the weak before. For Mizzou to have to come from behind and squeak by against that same Boston college team you seem to be making fun of etc yeah that's called not earning **** at this point. Take budgets etc out of the equation that media puts into things and make teams earn rankings dependant on nothing but the product they put on the field. It's simple. The sec has a monopoly on that(I understand big 10 has a media deal that I believe gets them more or something similar)but they don't have one tied into the only brand that matters in sports... Anyways you're entitled to your opinion brother. I'm not here to attempt to change it.

I don't think they're even that.

The definitely are that. Again, what measuring stick do you want to use? I'm waiting to hear one. I listed meaningful bowl games, overall non-conference record, and # of NFL players? Got something better?

If the comparison is conferenced not teams in particular than you're saying too to bottom. For myself I'd say the big 10 is the deepest conference. Those numbers you talked about I didn't want to get into but if you take say UGA & bama out of those numbers ur losing 2 to 3 wins. The point isn't even bama and UGA ain't ****. It's the conference is tremendously top heavy and majority of the conference is basic or at the very least inspire no fear. They don't routinely play anyone out of conference. It don't matter though. Simply my opinion from being around this **** near my whole life. It all runs in phases & soon it'll be a moot point.

The SEC's "phase" has lasted a long, long time.

It depends where you cut the point at "depth"? Because the top 4, and the top 6-7 (in 3 out of 4 years) has been better in the SEC for a long time…Now maybe alot of years, there's a magical cutoff point, like ehhhh the 10th best team in Big 10 catches up and is better than the SEC's?

Sure there were that one out of every 3-4 years that the conferences were close or equal, but there was always a year or two in that time frame where it wasn't close.

I would agree the new look Big 10 can rival them or even surpass them in depth, I'm willing to give you that it has improved no doubt…But again, that would be moving forward.

But when in the last 8-10-15 yrs...

Has UF, Auburn, or Miss St. not been better than ehhh Minnesota? 4 out of 5 years. Or go down a little further when has anyone besides Vandy (and until recently Rutgers was Vandy, last 2 years Indy was before new coach hire and portal haul) not been better than Indiana, Purdue, Illinois (outside of that one year), etc?

This year it looks like there are 4 clear dogshyt teams, 2 from each conference...

Vandy, Miss St, UCLA, Purdue…With Northwestern only slightly better if indeed better?

The point isn't even bama and UGA ain't ****

Huh? A top 2 team and the best team of the 2020's and then a top 3-4 team (top 7 at worst in a new coach transition year)… Who is **** if they ain't?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back