Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Everyone with a brain saw this

Win and they come was cap
You know who also thought something similar
1726504779375.jpeg

We all know how that turned out

Advertisement
From an article by Ira Schoffel on Warchant:

On DJ: it’s clear after three games this marriage isn’t working. And I’m not putting the blame for that on him; I’m putting it on Norvell. This wasn’t a case of missing an evaluation on a talented young quarterback who had trouble adjusting to the college game. This was a guy who had played 40 games at two different universities. There was film upon film upon film. And yet Norvell apparently decided that he could get more out of him than those previous two schools.

I think Mike Norvell is an excellent offensive coach (despite what things look like this season). But I also believe excellent coaches sometimes believe it’s more about them than the players.

I’m not sure who else Norvell looked at in the transfer portal before bringing Uiagalelei and Ward in for official visits. Maybe Florida State didn’t have a realistic chance at any of the more proven commodities. But if he brought Uiagalelei in believing he was going to transform him into some much different player than he was over the previous four years, then that was a lapse in judgement.
I am bringing the excellent offensive coach into question. Even their last 2 years, their O was predicated on hero ball (with Travis running around and throwing it up Wilson and then Coleman last year) and Benson bailed them out of a few runs.

and then look at this season.

They have ran the ball for 156 yds on the season....The BC game the focus was on a TE who has never shown the ability to be a gamechanger...and they are back to all the procedural penalties that ailed him his first 3 years.

Advertisement
Yeah, I knew that was an incredibly stupid directive to do that. Its also unamerican.

They can play as loud as they want, and they ought to. Imagine if Miami admin told the fans we couldnt do the "Seven Nation Army" thing on third down. What do you think our fans would do? Give the middle finger and be even louder.

FSU needs to concentrate on fixing their football program, not acting like a bunch of commies and having speech police.

Those are your fans! That is your tradition. Be proud of it.
The band and the PA have to stop playing music when the opponent breaks the huddle.

The band and the PA have to stop playing music when the opponent breaks the huddle.
If thats the rule, fine. I was mistaken, and I apologize.

Sorry, I thought it was related to the edict "No 3rd Down Play" FSU did. Still riles me up, tbh.

I have a niece thats a member of the band. The entire band is ****ed off about it.

From an article by Ira Schoffel on Warchant:

On DJ: it’s clear after three games this marriage isn’t working. And I’m not putting the blame for that on him; I’m putting it on Norvell. This wasn’t a case of missing an evaluation on a talented young quarterback who had trouble adjusting to the college game. This was a guy who had played 40 games at two different universities. There was film upon film upon film. And yet Norvell apparently decided that he could get more out of him than those previous two schools.

I think Mike Norvell is an excellent offensive coach (despite what things look like this season). But I also believe excellent coaches sometimes believe it’s more about them than the players.

I’m not sure who else Norvell looked at in the transfer portal before bringing Uiagalelei and Ward in for official visits. Maybe Florida State didn’t have a realistic chance at any of the more proven commodities. But if he brought Uiagalelei in believing he was going to transform him into some much different player than he was over the previous four years, then that was a lapse in judgement.

Coaches are who they are, they seldom evolve. Magic Mike's offense is a wide zone running game and a passing game that is built off a lot of short to intermediate concepts. CJ Porlanaga has never been an accurate downfield passer, nor a threat to hit the deep middle, so that part of the evaluation was OK, I guess; however, you have to be hyper-accurate throwing the bubbles, shallow crosses and back shoulder passes all of which require good decision making and excellent mechanics. I am not sure what PeeWee was thinking there. The guy he signed as QB1 has absurd footwork and throws like a first baseman. There has to be a few G5 type QBs who can do that a lot better, he just couldn't get past Porlanaga's 247 profile.

Advertisement
If thats the rule, fine. I was mistaken, and I apologize.

Sorry, I thought it was related to the edict "No 3rd Down Play" FSU did. Still riles me up, tbh.

I have a niece thats a member of the band. The entire band is ****ed off about it.

That's the rule. And, hey, I realize that the band was probably just excited to be able to play again.

But I cannot remember ever seeing that called in the last 40 years of watching college football games.

Advertisement
Coaches are who they are, they seldom evolve. Magic Mike's offense is a wide zone running game and a passing game that is built off a lot of short to intermediate concepts. CJ Porlanaga has never been an accurate downfield passer, nor a threat to hit the deep middle, so that part of the evaluation was OK, I guess; however, you have to be hyper-accurate throwing the bubbles, shallow crosses and back shoulder passes all of which require good decision making and excellent mechanics. I am not sure what PeeWee was thinking there. The guy he signed as QB1 has absurd footwork and throws like a first baseman. There has to be a few G5 type QBs who can do that a lot better, he just couldn't get past Porlanaga's 247 profile.
When you run a short-passing offense that requires a lot of movement, you also need speedy WRs who get off the line quickly AND run great early route trees, and are good for yards after the catch.

I don't think they have any of that.

Advertisement
That guy gonna eat the dog ****? I mean, it won't help the dog **** team Prison Mike has assembled, but being cursed can't help all that much.

Advertisement
Back