Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

If they can, it'll sure as **** be a good game and they at least cover, because as bad as GT is on defense, I'll be pretty surprised if FSUs offense drops 42+.

By the way, the line continues to drop as we get closer to game-time. I think it opened at -13, and it's down to -10.5 or even -10 at most shops.

Also, I think the year Haynes King had last year is kind of flying below the radar.

I saw a tweet the other day that said there have been 5 instances in the playoff era of an ACC QB throwing for 2800 yards and 25 TDs and running for 700 yards and 10 TDs.

Lamar Jackson
Lamar Jackson
Deshaun Watson
Jerod Evans
Haynes King in 2023
I read that the "smart money"- and there has been a lot of it-was all on GT

Advertisement
Think the Noles defense will win them the game not DJ. I do think it should be pretty close, not impossible for GT to win. But roster comparison fsu should win up front.
In trenches they are veterans but a HUGE drop-off to their second team on both lines. If they suffer lots of injuries up front they'll be in big trouble but I do tend to think they find a way to win vs GA Tech.

This is my concern with fsu this year. I pointed out something similar earlier in this thread. If they have a good year, it’s going to be because of this. And no, just being old doesn’t mean you’re good. But most of their “old” players are at least decent. There aren’t a ton of teams loaded with 22 and 23 year olds who have played a ton of ball who are awful.

So, for me, I still have FSU at 3 losses. I think they’re more likely to win 8 than they are to win 10. But if they do go 9-3 or better, I think this will be the reason why. Every kid on their OL and DL is at least a 4th year player, IIRC. Many of them are 6th year players.

This stuff gets ignored a lot but 5th year jags are better than 2nd year jags. It’s why we always seem to lose to at least one mediocre ACC team every year even though we’re more talented. **** we had like a 4 year losing streak to UVA at one point. It’s because they’d redshirt a ton of guys and have a bunch of older dudes, who might not have been great but they were stronger and smarter than the 20 year olds who skipped weight training we were lining up against them. It didn’t help that every kid we had declared for the draft after three years either. Especially on the lines. A 22 or 23 year old with 5 years in a weight program has “grown man strength”.

Advertisement
A moment of self reflection. Yes, Brenda you are an idiot.
1724290232587.webp

Advertisement
In trenches they are veterans but a HUGE drop-off to their second team on both lines. If they suffer lots of injuries up front they'll be in big trouble but I do tend to think they find a way to win vs GA Tech.
That will start showing up later in the year when wear and tear adds up to injuries and they don't have anything decent behind the starters.

This stuff gets ignored a lot but 5th year jags are better than 2nd year jags. It’s why we always seem to lose to at least one mediocre ACC team every year even though we’re more talented. **** we had like a 4 year losing streak to UVA at one point. It’s because they’d redshirt a ton of guys and have a bunch of older dudes, who might not have been great but they were stronger and smarter than the 20 year olds who skipped weight training we were lining up against them. It didn’t help that every kid we had declared for the draft after three years either. Especially on the lines. A 22 or 23 year old with 5 years in a weight program has “grown man strength”.
Perfect example of this…

In 2011 a more roster balanced Miami team barely lost to a Synder K State team.

In 2012 a freshmen laden Miami team that on paper had more talent than Snyder’s K State team got destroyed. Snyder in both cases had a team loaded with JUCOs - 4th and 5th year players.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I actually feel the opposite. I'm not saying GT will win, but to me, the team that matches up best with FSU has an elite offense more than an elite defense.

FSU is going to be stronger on defense than offense this year, IMO. So getting in a rock fight with them probably isn't the best strategy, because that's the game they're going to want to play. To me, if I have to pick one strength vs the other, I'd rather be stronger on offense, because that's strength on strength, and if you're going to beat a team that's "better" than you, you want to do it with the strength of your team leading the way.

FSU's defense is going to limit even the good offenses they play. They're going to smother the bad offenses. Yeah, FSU should have some success against GT's defense, but GT's offense should have some success against their defense, too.

I see this as a high scoring game. The total is 55.5. For a team to upset FSU, they're going to need to have success against their defense, and hope the offense sputters for a quarter or a half, which is definitely possible.

I like the matchup GT has against them better than I do for someone who is going to lean on their defense and hold-on on offense. Go drop 30 on them and see if DJU and the retread crew can keep up.
Yeah but with all those seniors you would think they’re a couple injuries from being depleted at dt and Ol . Meaning who do they have after them ? It not like they been lighting it up in highschool recruiting in the trenches . Just asking

Advertisement
Back