Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Why were they talking about fsu flight delays on grinder?
I guess the Noles247 message board was down?

I was on twitter.

dx-dgeneration-x.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have a Nole friend who is a big booster. He is terrified that GT will get several picks from DJU and win. He said the team is so new that he could see 11-1 or 8-4. I told him that just so long as one loss is to the U and one win is against UF I was good with either number........................
it blows my mind that they swear just because kids put on the jersey they are good.

Mike has never run a program with that level of talent where anyone can just assume that if you’re starting there you’re that good.

You would think after the UGA game they’d have realized that.

11-1 even with their schedule is a stretch.

DJU single handedly brought on the downfall of the Clemson dynasty because he couldn’t get it done with surrounded by some of the best talent in the world.

Now he’s surrounded by mid players and they think he’s gunna led them to 11 wins 😂

So, for me, I still have FSU at 3 losses. I think they’re more likely to win 8 than they are to win 10. But if they do go 9-3 or better, I think this will be the reason why. Every kid on their OL and DL is at least a 4th year player, IIRC. Many of them are 6th year players.

They love to leave off key pieces facts that lead to those Wake Forrest teams being good and just highlight the age.

Those kids at Wake had spent 3-4 years learning one system and mastered it. Plus had a bond and commitment to the university.

How many systems and cordinators has DJ had?

it blows my mind that they swear just because kids put on the jersey they are good.

Mike has never run a program with that level of talent where anyone can just assume that if you’re starting there you’re that good.

You would think after the UGA game they’d have realized that.

11-1 even with their schedule is a stretch.

DJU single handedly brought on the downfall of the Clemson dynasty because he couldn’t get it done with surrounded by some of the best talent in the world.

Now he’s surrounded by mid players and they think he’s gunna led them to 11 wins 😂
Yup dabo has had a run of bad qb evals that has made his team beatable. He doesn’t even seem like he has a serviceable guy and they become weaker in talent compared to their natty teams. Now all of a sudden those fans are back to he can’t coach lol. Nah he just missed on his evals and it has pushed them from elite to good and decent. Where they could lose to any team on any given Saturday.

Advertisement
Yup dabo has had a run of bad qb evals that has made his team beatable. He doesn’t even seem like he has a serviceable guy and they become weaker in talent compared to their natty teams. Now all of a sudden those fans are back to he can’t coach lol. Nah he just missed on his evals and it has pushed them from elite to good and decent. Where they could lose to any team on any given Saturday.
I don't know if DJ was a bad eval. He was one of the top ranked high school football players in that years recruiting cycle. Consensus 5 star. Every school wanted him. DJ's just not very good. Now, his other qb's since DJ seem to be bad evals. But, I do agree, missing on a qb will push a team from elite to good.

I don't know if DJ was a bad eval. He was one of the top ranked high school football players in that years recruiting cycle. Consensus 5 star. Every school wanted him. DJ's just not very good. Now, his other qb's since DJ seem to be bad evals. But, I do agree, missing on a qb will push a team from elite to good.
Doesn’t matter when u top ranked your true ranking comes out on Saturday and your true draft grade comes out on Sunday. It’s the same formula

Even if everyone wanted him no one wanted Cam Ward out of Hs. But if you rerank them guys like Bain would be higher and kids like Cormaniwould be lower. When guys get to the pros and have a good highlight tape (or from HS to college) and they just blend in that’s not a good sign. If they stand out you know you have something.

Last edited:
This is my concern with fsu this year. I pointed out something similar earlier in this thread. If they have a good year, it’s going to be because of this. And no, just being old doesn’t mean you’re good. But most of their “old” players are at least decent. There aren’t a ton of teams loaded with 22 and 23 year olds who have played a ton of ball who are awful.

So, for me, I still have FSU at 3 losses. I think they’re more likely to win 8 than they are to win 10. But if they do go 9-3 or better, I think this will be the reason why. Every kid on their OL and DL is at least a 4th year player, IIRC. Many of them are 6th year players.

Agree 100%. I also have them at 9-3. I'd prefer 3-9 but don't see it in the schedule.

Advertisement
They love to leave off key pieces facts that lead to those Wake Forrest teams being good and just highlight the age.

Those kids at Wake had spent 3-4 years learning one system and mastered it. Plus had a bond and commitment to the university.

How many systems and cordinators has DJ had?
It also ignores that there are a lot more veteran teams right now due to the covid year. So that benefit theyre expecting this year wont be as big as it wouldve been in 2018.

Also, long term, now that we're nearing the end of the covid year players having extra eligibility, the transfer portal is bound to have fewer quality players than the past few years. This means that itll be harder to build a roster just on the portal, and that's going to impact FSU more than they realize given their strategy of prioritizing the portal over high school recruiting

Advertisement
Back