Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

You’d have to be a huge Trailerhassee homer to think they’re not going to have a sizable drop off. They return very little production from last year and they haven’t exactly been recruiting at a “reload” level. They have enough guys to where they won’t suck per se but they’re likely an 8 win team.

Advertisement
1718825139329.png

Sched I would say is more difficult than ours.

GT (in Dublin could be a weird one, first game of the season type of ish)
Boston College
Memphis
Cal
SMU
Clemson
Duke
Miami
UNC
Notre Dame
Charleston So
Gator

We share the following opponents: GT, Duke, Gator, Cal

FAMU=Charleston So that is a wash.

Ball State and USF however are likely weaker than any other team on their schedule but likely compare to Memphis and BC.

Then we have Syracuse, Wake, Va Tech, and Lousiville.

Compared to Notre Dame, SMU, Clemson, UNC

Like you said they caught some lucky breaks and that is part of football. Eventually no one remembers those lucky breaks but do remember who won the game but for them to think they are on their way to another "undefeated season" is wild to me.

Their schedule is 100.0% more difficult than ours. We don’t play Clemson or Notre Dame. SMU will have the better QB. Memphis will have the better QB. ****, GT could have the better QB.

If they win 10 games, I’ll give Mike his flowers. I don’t see any chance without some ridiculously lucky **** happening. IMO this team is 9-3 or 8-4. Clemson, Notre Dame, Miami, Florida, SMU, UNC, GT, Duke. They’re losing 3+ of those games.

Their schedule is 100.0% more difficult than ours. We don’t play Clemson or Notre Dame. SMU will have the better QB. Memphis will have the better QB. ****, GT could have the better QB.

If they win 10 games, I’ll give Mike his flowers. I don’t see any chance without some ridiculously lucky **** happening. IMO this team is 9-3 or 8-4. Clemson, Notre Dame, Miami, Florida, SMU, UNC, GT, Duke. They’re losing 3+ of those games.
7 & 5 or 8 & 4 in my opinion. They come crashing back down to Earth this year.

Advertisement

I tend to agree with you. I may hate F$U, but they've had talent the last 2 years. It is going to be fascinating to see how far this "let's take every Portal kid who was great in HS but washed out at a P5 school" strategy works out.

Would love to see F$U go 0-12, but 8-4 sounds ballpark-y. That way, we still get "some credit" for beating F$U, while not allowing them to be "too good". Hopefully, that will make all the closet-F$U fans on the board happy...

I tend to agree with you. I may hate F$U, but they've had talent the last 2 years. It is going to be fascinating to see how far this "let's take every Portal kid who was great in HS but washed out at a P5 school" strategy works out.

Would love to see F$U go 0-12, but 8-4 sounds ballpark-y. That way, we still get "some credit" for beating F$U, while not allowing them to be "too good". Hopefully, that will make all the closet-F$U fans on the board happy...
They're chasing stars now. Their old strategy was taking older proven production like Verse and Fiske who were probably 3* or lower out of HS. This year it'll be more guys that were 4* and higher in HS that didn't see the field at their first stop.

Advertisement
You’d have to be a huge Trailerhassee homer to think they’re not going to have a sizable drop off. They return very little production from last year and they haven’t exactly been recruiting at a “reload” level. They have enough guys to where they won’t suck per se but they’re likely an 8 win team.
I live in Tallahassee and these people here act like all these players are going to easily replace all the NFL talent they lost. It's like they don't realize those players were really good and got a bunch of unproven or mediocre players(DJU) that won't be nearly as good as the players they lost. I just can't wait for them to lose a bunch of games this season.

Advertisement
I live in Tallahassee and these people here act like all these players are going to easily replace all the NFL talent they lost. It's like they don't realize those players were really good and got a bunch of unproven or mediocre players(DJU) that won't be nearly as good as the players they lost. I just can't wait for them to lose a bunch of games this season.
Yeah that’s the whole thing. White Mike has had a bunch of 20 something rated recruiting classes. He’s not replacing stars with blue chip players. The former blue chip recruits he does have are guys who bombed at their first school and are trying to salvage their careers at FSU.

They're chasing stars now. Their old strategy was taking older proven production like Verse and Fiske who were probably 3* or lower out of HS. This year it'll be more guys that were 4* and higher in HS that didn't see the field at their first stop.
The portal game has changed the last couple of years. The proven stars are commanding big NIL deals and FSU isn’t offering them that kind of money. Now they’re just taking former high school stars that flopped at big programs.

Yeah the 180 is weird. Portal should only be used on proven players/scheme fits. They’re acting like Colorado taking formerly highly ranked jags.

Advertisement
Yeah that’s the whole thing. White Mike has had a bunch of 20 something rated recruiting classes. He’s not replacing stars with blue chip players. The former blue chip recruits he does have are guys who bombed at their first school and are trying to salvage their careers at FSU.
According to these idiots he can coach up anyone. The local news always shows these absolutely USELESS things he is doing like long snapping or running with the OL like that "culture" is why they are winning. Not the elite players they got. I don't understand it.

Advertisement
Back