New Cook Article on 247

Think its gonna be FSU but who knows with him. His trip to the swamp to see UF-FSU just seems like another opportunity to see FSU on UF's dime. Dammit mane...

You changed your USC prediction?

I have to admit, I haven't had the slightest idea what this kid has been doing nor do I have any clue what he will ultimately do. We have always had a lot working in our favor but this kid is all over the place.

Yea. I think if Kiffin was still there he'd probably go. The ****** sucks as a coach but can recruit his *** off.

My FSU thing doesn't really come from anything new coming out, just his interaction with UF commits. Cook, Lane, Grier, and Wilson were our ring leaders. Every time Grier tweets about something UF related he includes Lane and Cook in it, same with Wilson. One of the posters on the UF board screenshot a tweet that I think Grier sent to Cook saying something about not being down with the 'chop' or some ****. Seems like they know he's feeling FSU and Lane has been working overtime trying to assure him on UF. I know Lane and Wilson said he's staying so we'll see.

I won't be mad either way. I ******* hate FSU but if I'm an offensive recruit right now and assuming Winston doesn't go to jail, it'd be hard to say no to them right now. I blame nobody but **** *** Muschamp. I wouldn't wanna play for that **** offense either. I will never get mad at a recruit for doing what's best for them and it's hard to say that UF offense is good for anybody right now.

Advertisement
Think its gonna be FSU but who knows with him. His trip to the swamp to see UF-FSU just seems like another opportunity to see FSU on UF's dime. Dammit mane...

I have to admit, I haven't had the slightest idea what this kid has been doing nor do I have any clue what he will ultimately do. We have always had a lot working in our favor but this kid is all over the place.

Yea. I think if Kiffin was still there he'd probably go. The ****** sucks as a coach but can recruit his *** off.

My FSU thing doesn't really come from anything new coming out, just his interaction with UF commits. Cook, Lane, Grier, and Wilson were our ring leaders. Every time Grier tweets about something UF related he includes Lane and Cook in it, same with Wilson. One of the posters on the UF board screenshot a tweet that I think Grier sent to Cook saying something about not being down with the 'chop' or some ****. Seems like they know he's feeling FSU and Lane has been working overtime trying to assure him on UF. I know Lane and Wilson said he's staying so we'll see.

I won't be mad either way. I ******* hate FSU but if I'm an offensive recruit right now and assuming Winston doesn't go to jail, it'd be hard to say no to them right now. I blame nobody but **** *** Muschamp. I wouldn't wanna play for that **** offense either. I will never get mad at a recruit for doing what's best for them and it's hard to say that UF offense is good for anybody right now.

Yeah I mean, some guys will go to a school no matter what, but you get the feeling that some guys are looking at it from a different perspective. Your offensive woes tie in with our defensive ones. We need DTs like you guys need skill players but at the same time, you can see why it hasn't happened.

I gotta put my faith in Hurlie on this one. Buddy is batting 1.000 last time I checked. And from what I have heard as well, there is alot of local pressure to stay home. (You guys already know how that goes. Local pressure has KILLED UM over the last 10 years it seems with OOS kids.) I wouldnt compare this to MT6 because buddy really never cared about UM. Did a half *** OV with us. Cook sounds like he has been convinced to actually check us out and see what we are all about in the 25th hour BEFORE he makes any rash decision. Like commit to FSU.. (Sound familiar? Alot like the Tracy Howard situation. Was ready to commit to UF right before he decided to "do us a favor" and check us out)

Al and Hurlie got what the wanted. A chance. Now it is up to them and the rest of the boys to convince him..I would put a full court press on. Invite all the local recruits to come in just like they did for Tracy AND for Willie Williams. (They brought Bobby Washington in to help out, among others. When Bobby was committed to us at least.) Make him feel at home. Like staying home and helping them bring the old "U" back is the IN thing to do now.

That is the ONLY advantage we will have over FSU right now IMO.

Advertisement

Yeah I mean, some guys will go to a school no matter what, but you get the feeling that some guys are looking at it from a different perspective. Your offensive woes tie in with our defensive ones. We need DTs like you guys need skill players but at the same time, you can see why it hasn't happened.

Yea its like a chicken-egg situation. We need skill players to turn it around but skill players won't come because the offense is bad. But is the offense bad because of the scheme or is the scheme bad because of the player? Same situation with you guys at DT's for the past few years. Its a tough sell and you can only sell promise for so long, eventually they'll want to see results. We have none to show.

We shall see. Lane's finalists were UF, Bama, and Miami. He has said repeatedly that it was very important for him to have a great QB coming in with him and for him to be comfortable with them. That's the only reason he's at UF now...Grier. And Grier is an EE too. He's talked about him and Cook rooming together. I've predicted Cook to decommit since the summer so my opinion isn't changing there. But from everything I've read Lane seems good for now.

Advertisement
i wonder if lane still has a spot to miami ..no way they take two more receivers .. that last spot seems to be for dixon

We shall see. Lane's finalists were UF, Bama, and Miami. He has said repeatedly that it was very important for him to have a great QB coming in with him and for him to be comfortable with them. That's the only reason he's at UF now...Grier. And Grier is an EE too. He's talked about him and Cook rooming together. I've predicted Cook to decommit since the summer so my opinion isn't changing there. But from everything I've read Lane seems good for now.

im not saying they are "best buddies" they have known each other for less then a year. but its obvious that lane wants the ball and wants it right now. so for me i think its the program that sells him on getting the ball the most and even though its uf> um now you would have to think a monster offensive freshman class (not only qb) can sell him above all the other obvious (close to family, uncle is a coach, dream school) sh*it that dont matter

i wonder if lane still has a spot to miami ..no way they take two more receivers .. that last spot seems to be for dixon

you dont turn down top talent, get signature worry about that stuff later. we tried that last year and it backfired golden wont be fooled again

We have two young soon to be great QB's at Miami that will be freshman wouldnt be surprised if he choose canes too

Advertisement
Advertisement

I guess, but if QB play was that important to him, you can make the same arguement for Kayaa and Miami. Kayaa outshined Greir in all the summer camps, specifically elite11 stuff.

I guess, but if QB play was that important to him, you can make the same arguement for Kayaa and Miami. Kayaa outshined Greir in all the summer camps, specifically elite11 stuff.

I don't think Kaaya necessarily outshined Greir. Greir finished at 6th and Kaaya at 8th. They were very close in all competitions.

Advertisement
Back