MY predictions, post yours!

Advertisement
Can't see all the negative hype towards to ND showdown. They have lost a **** of a lot of talent. I just hope our young guns don't crack under the primetime pressure. That game is gonna have all kind of media twists to it. We need a formula for the running QB's (VT&KSU). Canes lose 2 close one's, FSU and pick another one that the turnover bug gets us.

This year will be the low point of goldens tenure record wise. Sanctions coming. Everything upward from 2013 - onward&upward.

You're right, I'm in Fort Walton Beach - but last year as the year before, we had an unproven QB, our CB problem wasn't depth - it was missing in action, we had one LB worth a siht, we still don't have a safety, and our linemen were injured and shifted around to the extent that everyone but cheerleaders suited up. And no one could tackle.

So this year, just because I don't see Miller, Streeter, or Benjamin, I'm supposed to be concerned?

At least this year, we have some corners, we have some LB's, we have some semblance of lines, and a couple choices among unproven QB's.

Not counting a new enthusiasm, much stronger team, QB's with a year learning the new system, and some talented reinforcements just around the corner.

Now.

What part am I not following 'to' closely?

you make some good points. I've said before that I think the results will be similar as last year but we will get there in a much different way. I think the D and STs will carry the team. we will be tougher on both sides but have way less big plays on offense.

hopefully we can win more of the close games. we lost like 6 close games last year. if we just win 2 of those considering all the roster turnover and lack of proven depth at many spots, I think that would be a helluva great step in the right direction

Advertisement
With Morris, we lose 6-9 games, with VT, FSU, ND, KSU being guaranteed losses.

Lmao that's just dumbass **** right there.

Really? A guy that couldn't beat out Jacory, throws more INTs and fumbles more often, and who has pleanty of chances to beat some bad ACC teams, but didn't (looked like a deer in the headlights against Maryland last year) is gonna lead us to 7 wins, without Miller (who bailed us out again and again last year, while other backs couldn't get an inch on 4th and 1)

He is no QB.

Really? A guy that couldn't beat out Jacory, throws more INTs and fumbles more often, and who has pleanty of chances to beat some bad ACC teams, but didn't (looked like a deer in the headlights against Maryland last year) is gonna lead us to 7 wins, without Miller (who bailed us out again and again last year, while other backs couldn't get an inch on 4th and 1)

He is no QB.

he was still very inexperienced last year so i can give him a pass with all the suspensions he dealt with against maryland.

i will reserve judgement on morris until this year.

He is no QB.

he was still very inexperienced last year so i can give him a pass with all the suspensions he dealt with against maryland.

i will reserve judgement on morris until this year.

Inexperienced? He had started what, half a season in 2010? Showed nothing in 2011. What we see is what we get. He was a routine backup type that became a three year starter due to gross malfeasance by the previous staff. Seriously, would he even be in the mix for backup at UF, FSU etc? No.

What do you think FSU or UF's season would be like with him as starter? 4-8?

Advertisement
MY predictions, post yours!

Sat, Sep 1 @ Boston College w

Sat, Sep 8 @ Kansas State W

Sat, Sep 15 vs Bethune-Cookman w

Sat, Sep 22 @ Georgia Tech w

Sat, Sep 29 vs North Carolina State w

Sat, Oct 6 vs Notre Dame (Soldier Field Chicago) W

Sat, Oct 13 vs North Carolina w

Sat, Oct 20 vs Florida State W

Thu, Nov 1 vs Virginia Tech w

Sat, Nov 10 @ Virginia w

Sat, Nov 17 vs South Florida w

Sat, Nov 24 @ Duke w

UDEFEATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lose bowl game

BC-W
KState-L
BCC-W
GT-W
NCState-W
Notre Dame-L
UNC-W
FSU-L
VT-L
Uva-W
USF-W
Duke-W

8-4, think we get revenge on UVA

BC- W
KState- L
BCC- W
GT- W
NCState- W
Notre Dame-L
UNC- W
FSU-L
VT-L
Uva- L
USF- W
Duke- W

7-5
The GA-Tech and Virgina games are a toss up. I think we win one lose the other

Advertisement
We were 6-6 last year, lost almost every good player, and have not recruited well in classes 10 and 11, which should be our depth.

Guarantee game
Sat, Sep 15 vs Bethune-Cookman

4-4 against these eight.
Sat, Sep 1 @ Boston College Beat us up physically last year, Morris is not accurate, their defense forces a QB to be smart and accurate.
Sat, Sep 8 @ Kansas State Better than us last year in Miami. Now we're worse, they're better, it's on the road.
Sat, Sep 22 @ Georgia Tech They bring back a lot.
Sat, Sep 29 vs North Carolina State Better than us last year, a lot better last year.
Sat, Oct 13 vs North Carolina Decent chance to win.
Sat, Nov 10 @ Virginia Better than us last year in Miami. Now we're worse, they're better, it's on the road.
Sat, Nov 17 vs South Florida Evenly matched a year ago, USF returns everyone.
Sat, Nov 24 @ Duke What it our motivation?

0-3 v. Physically overmatched:
Sat, Oct 6 vs Notre Dame (Soldier Field Chicago)
Sat, Oct 20 vs Florida State
Thu, Nov 1 vs Virginia Tech

5-7.

And even at 5-7, good job Al Golden. A 6-6 team lost all of its good players, the schedule gets harder, and the Canes are only a game worse.

Nah.

Boston College has their own problems on offense and they've lost some key players as well. Their QB situation is no better than ours. I don't see Morris doing the same volume of dumb siht forcing of the football after a year under Fisch. More and better check downs, more options.

Kansas State, if I'm correct, brings Klein back, and this year I don't think he shocks us with his haul-*** ability. Primarily a run team, I simply don't see them running through us as last year. I see Miami doing more gang-tackling, more lane protection, faster convergence, and better tackling. This will be a good test for Miami, and I'm really looking forward to this game as it should give us a fair indication of what we can expect for the rest of the year.

Georgia Tech may bring a lot to the rest of the nation, but Miami has GT's number.

NC State lost all their linebackers, so they have some holes to fill. In their Spring game they had 12 sacks, and while their secondary is supposed to be pretty good, two TD's were thrown against it. Their D line is suspect, and combined with their LB situation, I'm feeling good about this game.

North Carolina is always tough. Last year, they ate our lunch through the air, as we had NO BACKFIELD. No safeties - and still don't - and our corners were playing about forty yards off the line. If we can get some play out of our corners, and get some semblance of safeties on the field, we have a good shot at winning against NC. They're good, but they can be had.

Virginia is well coached, but this year, James doesn't get stopped on a 4th and 2, we don't fall for a fake field goal, no 58-yard catch and bug out, and no cheap 78-yard catch by a running back getting loose going outside. All that crap, and we lost by seven. Not this year.

Notre Dame's QB Rees isn't any more reliable than Morris. And we really don't know for certain how well Morris has progressed - BUT - at least we have a backup, true, one that didn't shine in the Spring Game, but that was not a balls-out game time effort. I hope - I think - we'll have a real good chance of busting these guys asses. They're good, but I don't think they're that much better than us, and if our team just plays with confidence, I think we have a real good shot to win this one. Don't see us pushed around like the last time, and I think the South Florida game with the exception of the weather anomaly - gives a fair indication of how teams from south FL can beat them.

FSU - this is anyone's game. The one thing in our favor is that Jimbo knows as much about game management and offense as a nun knows about fornicating.

VT - Based entirely on past records, it doesn't look good, but we almost got them last year. Almost. If we come back with that same or better determination, combined with increased strength and some better decision-making at QB, we have a good chance.

Think we win 8 games.

Advertisement
I really does depend on how big of an impact these incoming freshmen have.

Not saying it will happen (hardly ever does), BUT Duke and company could make this team drastically better the second they step foot on campus.

Nah.

Boston College has their own problems on offense and they've lost some key players as well. Their QB situation is no better than ours. I don't see Morris doing the same volume of dumb siht forcing of the football after a year under Fisch. More and better check downs, more options.

Kansas State, if I'm correct, brings Klein back, and this year I don't think he shocks us with his haul-*** ability. Primarily a run team, I simply don't see them running through us as last year. I see Miami doing more gang-tackling, more lane protection, faster convergence, and better tackling. This will be a good test for Miami, and I'm really looking forward to this game as it should give us a fair indication of what we can expect for the rest of the year.

Georgia Tech may bring a lot to the rest of the nation, but Miami has GT's number.

NC State lost all their linebackers, so they have some holes to fill. In their Spring game they had 12 sacks, and while their secondary is supposed to be pretty good, two TD's were thrown against it. Their D line is suspect, and combined with their LB situation, I'm feeling good about this game.

North Carolina is always tough. Last year, they ate our lunch through the air, as we had NO BACKFIELD. No safeties - and still don't - and our corners were playing about forty yards off the line. If we can get some play out of our corners, and get some semblance of safeties on the field, we have a good shot at winning against NC. They're good, but they can be had.

Virginia is well coached, but this year, James doesn't get stopped on a 4th and 2, we don't fall for a fake field goal, no 58-yard catch and bug out, and no cheap 78-yard catch by a running back getting loose going outside. All that crap, and we lost by seven. Not this year.

Notre Dame's QB Rees isn't any more reliable than Morris. And we really don't know for certain how well Morris has progressed - BUT - at least we have a backup, true, one that didn't shine in the Spring Game, but that was not a balls-out game time effort. I hope - I think - we'll have a real good chance of busting these guys asses. They're good, but I don't think they're that much better than us, and if our team just plays with confidence, I think we have a real good shot to win this one. Don't see us pushed around like the last time, and I think the South Florida game with the exception of the weather anomaly - gives a fair indication of how teams from south FL can beat them.

FSU - this is anyone's game. The one thing in our favor is that Jimbo knows as much about game management and offense as a nun knows about fornicating.

VT - Based entirely on past records, it doesn't look good, but we almost got them last year. Almost. If we come back with that same or better determination, combined with increased strength and some better decision-making at QB, we have a good chance.

Think we win 8 games.

I like the game-by-game comments alot. I also think that you're on the money with most of them. I don't want to get too optimistic until we play some games, but I will say that I wouldn't be shocked by a season that's more successful in the W/L category than last year.

What sucks is if we burn redshirts on a bunch of Freshman just so we can lose 7 games (like Shannon's first season, when he burned redshirts for occasional special teams substitutions).

2012 is nothing but rebuilding, and recruiting.

Sat, Sep 1 @ Boston College W

Sat, Sep 8 @ Kansas State L

Sat, Sep 15 vs Bethune-Cookman W

Sat, Sep 22 @ Georgia Tech W

Sat, Sep 29 vs North Carolina State W

Sat, Oct 6 vs Notre Dame (Soldier Field Chicago) L

Sat, Oct 13 vs North Carolina W

Sat, Oct 20 vs Florida State L

Thu, Nov 1 vs Virginia Tech L

Sat, Nov 10 @ Virginia W

Sat, Nov 17 vs South Florida W

Sat, Nov 24 @ Duke W

I say 8-4, but I think we'll be in every game - they should all be battles to the end. If we are able to pull out a win in that KSU game it could set the tone for a surprising year. I just can't see it though, not enough depth on defense and we won't have a proven playmaker on offense yet.

Advertisement
Back