MY predictions, post yours!

bigpurk45

Junior
Sat, Sep 1 @ Boston College w

Sat, Sep 8 @ Kansas State L

Sat, Sep 15 vs Bethune-Cookman w

Sat, Sep 22 @ Georgia Tech w

Sat, Sep 29 vs North Carolina State w

Sat, Oct 6 vs Notre Dame (Soldier Field Chicago) Must win but its a toss up but i think we take an L this will be a battle

Sat, Oct 13 vs North Carolina w

Sat, Oct 20 vs Florida State w this is our year to win at home

Thu, Nov 1 vs Virginia Tech w

Sat, Nov 10 @ Virginia L this we may win but...

Sat, Nov 17 vs South Florida w

Sat, Nov 24 @ Duke w

9-3 and no bowl game I really think we can achieve this and we can and just might pull out a 10-2 record... ijs...

Last edited:
Advertisement

Sat, Oct 6 vs Notre Dame (Soldier Field Chicago) L

Sat, Oct 20 vs Florida State L

Thu, Nov 1 vs Virginia Tech L

Sat, Nov 10 @ Virginia L

Sat, Nov 24 @ Duke w

And that's with rose colored glasses on.

Sat, Sep 22 @ Georgia Tech push

Sat, Nov 10 @ Virginia W

Sat, Nov 24 @ Duke w

I could easily see a few of those I marked as wins going the other way.

Advertisement
Sat, Sep 1 @ Boston College big W

Sat, Sep 8 @ Kansas State W

Sat, Sep 29 vs North Carolina State W

Sat, Oct 13 vs North Carolina L

Sat, Nov 10 @ Virginia W

Sat, Nov 24 @ Duke w

BC- W
KState- Loss
BCC-W
GTech- W
NCState- Loss
ND- Loss
UNC- Loss
FSU- Loss
VT- Loss
UVa- W
USF- W
Duke- W

6-6.

Worst Case: 4-8 with additional losses to UVA and USF.
Best Case: 10-2 with losses to VT and FSU.

****. not one of you mofos giving us a chance vs the Lamers? WTF?

they are not that good. about an 8 win type of team

Advertisement
BC- W
KState- L
BCC- W
GTech- W
NCState- L
ND- L
UNC- W
FSU- L
VT- L
UVa- W
USF- W
Duke- W

7 - 5

I'll do mine in probabilities (numbers below are of the type "projected probability to win").

Sat, Sep 1 @ Boston College 70%

Sat, Sep 8 @ Kansas State 60%

Sat, Sep 15 vs Bethune-Cookman 95%

Sat, Sep 22 @ Georgia Tech 65%

Sat, Sep 29 vs North Carolina State 60%

Sat, Oct 6 vs Notre Dame (Soldier Field Chicago) 50%

Sat, Oct 13 vs North Carolina 60%

Sat, Oct 20 vs Florida State 40%

Thu, Nov 1 vs Virginia Tech 45%

Sat, Nov 10 @ Virginia 50%

Sat, Nov 17 vs South Florida 60%

Sat, Nov 24 @ Duke 85%

Could be a bit bold. Still, I like our depth chart right now more than the depth chart we had going into last year- even coming off the first game's suspensions. CB strength and depth is an enormous improvement and Perryman looks to take Spence's mantle as the go-to defender. Safeties... I'm crossing my fingers big time that the two Seniors do their damnedest to show up for the NFL scouts. That's all I can say. Defensive tackle health and playing ability will be a strong indicator of our success, IMO- possibly as much as QB play. If Chickillo can take his Sophomore step up and the other four guys can stay healthy, I really like our D-Line in matchups this year. It looks like we'll have to play a bit closer to the vest in terms of offensive production- no Streeter, Benjamin, or Miller to break open plays. Still, our receiving corps is getting there and if our O-Line can live up to its potential then James should at least be able to keep defenses honest.

One final note: if we beat ONE team out of Notre Dame, Florida State, or Virginia Tech, I'll be happy. Two would be gravy. Three would make me drink the Golden kool-aid by the gallon-fulls.

Go 'Canes.

Advertisement
So, it appears everyone's saying we're not worth a ****. KS, ND, FSU, VT as losses? VA?

We barely lost to those teams last year - and we did suck. Just unlike years previous - we didn't quit.

So all this hotsiht recruiting, all the extra strength training, all the refinements, all the reinforcements, and we're in the exact same spot from last year?

GTFOH.

UMFarArcher said:
So, it appears everyone's saying we're not worth a ****. KS, ND, FSU, VT as losses? VA?

We barely lost to those teams last year - and we did suck. Just unlike years previous - we didn't quit.

So all this hotsiht recruiting, all the extra strength training, all the refinements, all the reinforcements, and we're in the exact same spot from last year?

GTFOH.

You must not follow to closely. We have zero depth at CB, s, lb, Qb, wr. An unproven Qb who couldn't beat out jacory last year. Our top 3 producers Miller, streeter, and Benjamin are out.

Don't get me wrong, we will be better in many aspects as we move forward, but the change will not be overnight (one season) . Afraid next year is not our year. Fsu Virginia tech and Clemson are far ahead of us right now.

You're right, I'm in Fort Walton Beach - but last year as the year before, we had an unproven QB, our CB problem wasn't depth - it was missing in action, we had one LB worth a siht, we still don't have a safety, and our linemen were injured and shifted around to the extent that everyone but cheerleaders suited up. And no one could tackle.

So this year, just because I don't see Miller, Streeter, or Benjamin, I'm supposed to be concerned?

At least this year, we have some corners, we have some LB's, we have some semblance of lines, and a couple choices among unproven QB's.

Not counting a new enthusiasm, much stronger team, QB's with a year learning the new system, and some talented reinforcements just around the corner.

Now.

What part am I not following 'to' closely?

Advertisement
Sat, Sep 1 @ Boston College W

Sat, Sep 8 @ Kansas State L toss up

Sat, Oct 13 vs North Carolina W

Sat, Oct 20 vs Florida State L toss up

Sat, Nov 10 @ Virginia L I hate marking it as an L but we have lost 2 straight

Sat, Nov 24 @ Duke w toss up not sure we can make that long walk to the stadium. Its going to be tuff

Sat, Sep 1 @ Boston College L
Sat, Sep 15 vs Bethune-Cookman W
Sat, Sep 22 @ Georgia Tech W
Sat, Oct 6 vs Notre Dame L
Sat, Oct 13 vs North Carolina W
Sat, Oct 20 vs Florida State Toss Up
Sat, Nov 10 @ Virginia L
Sat, Nov 17 vs South Florida W
Sat, Nov 24 @ Duke W

Hoping for 6-6

You're right, I'm in Fort Walton Beach - but last year as the year before, we had an unproven QB, our CB problem wasn't depth - it was missing in action, we had one LB worth a siht, we still don't have a safety, and our linemen were injured and shifted around to the extent that everyone but cheerleaders suited up. And no one could tackle.

So this year, just because I don't see Miller, Streeter, or Benjamin, I'm supposed to be concerned?

At least this year, we have some corners, we have some LB's, we have some semblance of lines, and a couple choices among unproven QB's.

Not counting a new enthusiasm, much stronger team, QB's with a year learning the new system, and some talented reinforcements just around the corner.

Now.

judging by that response I'd say all of it.

UMFarArcher said:

Now.

Ft Walton beach huh? I been to Sammies a few times. I'm in Panama. But anyway...

Just because we have 5 or 6 new corners coming in doesn't give us depth. Realistically, probably 33% of freshmen from this class will play.

Advertisement
Back