Mullen officially out

A year ago Dan Mullen was considered a Top 20 HC after winning 29 Games in 3 years and didn't even have a full season in year 3. Mississippi State was a 3-9 program pretty much every season before Mullen arrived and he turned that program into a quality SEC program by going 69-46 with 5 8+ Win seasons in 9 years. Before that he was the OC for one of the top offenses in college football history. Mullen has 15+ years of evidence that show he's a quality coach, now after one bad season were supposed to act like none of that exists?
His highest and best use is as an OC under a strong HC - I’ve said this many times. He’s limited as a HC. You don’t want him as your HC at a school like ours. Too many bad decisions and stubborn decisions. I follow the gaytor very closely if you’ve seen Gator Tears. They hate him. He’s an awful lazy recruiter. He made terrible QB personnel decisions, he hires awful assistants who he won’t get rid of unless forced by the AD and he just tanked them. He’s also a weirdo goober. As an OC - yeah, just doing that and he’s a great play caller.

Advertisement
His highest and best use is as an OC under a strong HC - I’ve said this many times. He’s limited as a HC. You don’t want him as your HC at a school like ours. Too many bad decisions and stubborn decisions. I follow the gaytor very closely if you’ve seen Gator Tears. They hate him. He’s an awful lazy recruiter. He made terrible QB personnel decisions, he hires awful assistants who he won’t get rid of unless forced by the AD and he just ranked them.
Gators fans are delusional, they think they should go undefeated every season and have no worse then a Top 5 recruiting class. They ***** about his recruiting but his worst class at UF was 12th overall. Mullen has developed 2 NFL QBs with Dak and Kyle Trask. He's made a few bad assistant hires but so do a lot of coaches. Dude is getting fired after going 34-15 at UF. I read a stat that he has a .694 Winning percentage at Florida, it's the 3rd highest winning percentage in it's history outside of Spurrier and Urban. **** Manny is 20-15 and there is talk he might return 😅

It's going to be interesting how this all plays out. I think it may go something like this.

PSU - Bill O'Brien
UW- James Franklin
Baylor - Billy Napier
LSU - Dave Aranda
VT - Hugh Freeze
TCU - Sonny Dykes
USC - Matt Campbell
Miami - Lane Kiffin
Ole Miss - Dan Lanning
Iowa State - Tom Herman =(
UiF - They will have to re-hire Mullen because no one wants to coach for those hillbilly gayturds.

I think Mario stays in Oregon and that's mostly due to the Nike contract.
Fickell won't leave Ohio and coach Cincinnati to the big 12. When Ohio ST opens up he will go there.

Really surprised they canned Mullen’s but I don’t think that has anything to do with our search one way or the other….I don’t think UiF will be after either of the people we have in our top 2 nor do I believe either of our top 2 would go there in the first place…only place you’ve heard either name is on their **** site

I hate Manny as much as the next guy but the kids are playing hard for him so if them playing hard leads to a couple extra wins which might attract a couple more recruits and helps hang on to a couple more current players until the new guy can be announced so be it..

I just want this hiring of an AD and a HC done right for once no matter how long and at what immediate expense it means..
Those extra wins ain't attracting any recruits until the other coach recruits.

Advertisement
Gators fans are delusional, they think they should go undefeated every season and have no worse then a Top 5 recruiting class. They ***** about his recruiting but his worst class at UF was 12th overall. Mullen has developed 2 NFL QBs with Dak and Kyle Trask. He's made a few bad assistant hires but so do a lot of coaches. Dude is getting fired after going 34-15 at UF. I read a stat that he has a .694 Winning percentage at Florida, it's the 3rd highest winning percentage in it's history outside of Spurrier and Urban. **** Manny is 20-15 and there is talk he might return 😅
Talk that Manny's returning??...That ended weeks ago...After the Duke game, there will be an envelope with a Pink Slip in it, and an Empanada sitting on his desk at Hecht...

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's going to be interesting how this all plays out. I think it may go something like this.

PSU - Bill O'Brien
UW- James Franklin
Baylor - Billy Napier
LSU - Dave Aranda
VT - Hugh Freeze
TCU - Sonny Dykes
USC - Matt Campbell
Miami - Lane Kiffin
Ole Miss - Dan Lanning
Iowa State - Tom Herman =(
UiF - They will have to re-hire Mullen because no one wants to coach for those hillbilly gayturds.

I think Mario stays in Oregon and that's mostly due to the Nike contract.
Fickell won't leave Ohio and coach Cincinnati to the big 12. When Ohio ST opens up he will go there.
Reasonable guesses. Although I could see Fickell in Penn State over BoB.

Just curious bro I don't really listen to Joe show and I definitely will not now

I wasn’t saying gimme a break to you, just at the concept of our media. They like a crappy coach because he comes on their show… it would be better to have a ****head coach who’s successful… will give you more to talk about rather than “oh we just have to be better than we were last week”

Advertisement
I wasn’t saying gimme a break to you, just at the concept of our media. They like a crappy coach because he comes on their show… it would be better to have a ****head coach who’s successful… will give you more to talk about rather than “oh we just have to be better than we were last week”
I agree 1000%...We need real leadership I hope we close the deal with Mario this week and we get this thing back rolling

I think you should drop him as a buddy. Recruit better buddies, lol
Hard to shake, most of them have been around since Little League more than a half century ago , high school ball and played against a couple of the mutton heads in college.

Advertisement
Back