Military Vets, get in here

• Thread starter Thread starter deleted3746
  • Start date Start date
Just spent the last few days on the Ike training their supply guys. Saw a sign in the wardroom that talks about Pilars. I seriously wanted to take a picture of it and give you all some laughs. I've spent more time underway on a ship now that I am retired than I did in uniform! Thank you to all of you that are currently serving and have already served!

Advertisement
I'm late but hope you all had a good one.

Active Duty USN 2003-2009 USS Hue City
Currently a Reservist.

We sure got alot of Navy and Air Force vets on CIS...Salute you all..Im still Army Strong... 91C HVAC mechanic... Ft. Hood, Tx

Advertisement
Missed this thread was kinda drunk all day on craft beer..
USAF 1984-1998

Gulf War (Operation Earnest Will)
Afghanistan (Operation Cyclone)
Honduras (Operation Golden Pheasant)
Panama (Operation Just Cause)
Presidential Support (Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty)
Saudi Arabia - Kuwait - Bahrain (Desert Shield/Desert Storm)
Kuwait - Turkey (Operation Provide Comfort)
Israel - Bahrain - Kuwait (Operation Desert Falcon)
Zaire - Rwanda - Uganda - Kenya - Zimbabwe (Operation Support Hope)
Bosnia (Operation Deliberate Force)

Current ly active duty. Stationed here @ Macdill Tampa

****, im jealous. Still at keesler, macdill is my dream base.

Been at Keesler for 11 yrs now! Trust there are far worse bases than here...lol
Did my tech school at Keesler back in the 80's. Are you an instructor?

My worse memory while I was their, was laying on my girlfriends coach while she was at work watching the Canes play Maryland. After a couple of Maryland scores her brother kept telling me Maryland was coming back. I laugh at his stupidity. Many here know the rest of the story.

Special Forces - team engineer, served in H Company, 75th Rangers attached to First Cav, O Company, Arctic Rangers 75th, served with 82nd Airborne, and 101st Airborne.

MOS's 12B, 11B, 11C, 05B.

Current ly active duty. Stationed here @ Macdill Tampa

****, im jealous. Still at keesler, macdill is my dream base.

Been at Keesler for 11 yrs now! Trust there are far worse bases than here...lol
Did my tech school at Keesler back in the 80's. Are you an instructor?

My worse memory while I was their, was laying on my girlfriends coach while she was at work watching the Canes play Maryland. After a couple of Maryland scores her brother kept telling me Maryland was coming back. I laugh at his stupidity. Many here know the rest of the story.

I worked at the 738th/ now 85th Engineering and Installation Sq... Spent my last 5 yrs basically engineering/installing Comm for Special Forces over in Afghanistan and Djobouti...lol, just retired!

Advertisement
Special Forces - team engineer, served in H Company, 75th Rangers attached to First Cav, O Company, Arctic Rangers 75th, served with 82nd Airborne, and 101st Airborne.

when did you go through the q course?

I thought you were 18 series...no?

I got through SF before the Army changed up to the 18 series designation. At that time, your MOS was followed by an "S," and if in the Rangers, your MOS was followed by a "V".

And back then, we didn't call it the Q Course, we called it Phase 1, which was a bit more extended, certainly more dangerous, and we were in full field actions pretty much the whole time, rather than current contrived "problem solving" exercises.

Don't ask how long ago - you just make me feel old.

You don't want to make me depressed, do you?

Advertisement

I got through SF before the Army changed up to the 18 series designation. At that time, your MOS was followed by an "S," and if in the Rangers, your MOS was followed by a "V".

And back then, we didn't call it the Q Course, we called it Phase 1, which was a bit more extended, certainly more dangerous, and we were in full field actions pretty much the whole time, rather than current contrived "problem solving" exercises.

I feel secure in the fact that you were a fellow 12B like myself. Didn't know you were that much older than me though!

Still waiting on my autographed copy of your book. :black_eyed:

I feel secure in the fact that you were a fellow 12B like myself. Didn't know you were that much older than me though!

Still waiting on my autographed copy of your book. :black_eyed:

This time NEXT year, you give me a shout, and I'll send you one.

Happy Veterans Day...thank you to all my brothers and sisters out there that have served or are currently serving.

Army Infantry, Military Intelligence 94-99

Military have been called up and disbursed throughout the land of our ally Paris.

Ongoing massacres are ongoing this very minute at multiple locations in our ally land, Paris, still. U.S. & French Presidents have both spoken to their respective people.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back