Michael Barrow For DC?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Stop it. Why do you guys do this? If he comes back, he'll be LB coach and nothing more.

Advertisement
a 4 year LB wit the Canes, 10 years in the NFL and now working as LB coach with the Seattle Seahawks. He played behind some great lines and in front of some great DB's. He knows the defensive game inside and out.

He is a great Cane, he knows who we are, where we've been but mot importantly where we are now and where we need to go.

He has a lot more experience playing than Randy Shannon did and we all know how well Randy performed as a DC when given a chance.

If that does not qualify you, I don't know what the **** will. We need someone that is us, some one that knows us!!

a 4 year LB wit the Canes, 10 years in the NFL and now working as LB coach with the Seattle Seahawks. He played behind some great lines and in front of some great DB's. He knows the defensive game inside and out.

He is a great Cane, he knows who we are, where we've been but mot importantly where we are now and where we need to go.

He has a lot more experience playing than Randy Shannon did and we all know how well Randy performed as a DC when given a chance.

If that does not qualify you, I don't know what the **** will. We need someone that is us, some one that knows us!!

So you're saying that's the best we could do at DC? Ray Lewis played in the NFL longer than Barrow and has a more polished resume at LB as well. Ray Lewis would be great for recruiting purposes. You know why Canes fans aren't wanting Ray Lewis as a DC? Because he's not qualified for the job and wouldn't succeed in there.

One of the things that made Golden bad at his job was his coaching hires and his lack of being able to evaluate coaches. I'll trust Richt with the decision over you.

Advertisement

Randy also benefited from having loads of talent to work with on the defensive side of the ball when he had his best years as a DC. Randy's a decent DC, but he's certainly not the best available.

Why do people think we should give jobs to so many unproven people just because they have "Canes ties". Give me people who are hungry and experienced position coaches and coordinators.

I like barrow, but he doesn't deserve this DC job

NO we dont someone that is us, we need people from the outside looking in, who can evaluate the situation and correct it. NO MORE helping this guy because he used to be a cane, **** that, I want the best person for the job, PERIOD!!!

Advertisement
Michael Barrow has the pedigree. Also working for Pete Carroll, arguably the best defensive mind in the NFL! Sounds like if it was up to you, no one would ever get a chance to prove themselves at anything. I've managed people for over 20 years and that is not the way the world works. Some of my best decisions were due to giving people an opportunity to prove themselves.

Ok, there is obviously a bias here and I would like to know what it is...All of you are ok with Ken Dorsey coming here to be OC with no experience whatsoever. He didn't even have a career in the NFL. But you're against Barrow moving up to DC, what makes you guys think that way????

Please educate yourself a little bit better. Golden brought in very bad linebackers and players overall, and D'Onofrio ran the Defense period, not Barrow. That is why Barrow left, mostly not because his Mother was ill and needing his assistance, but because he disagreed with the crappy schemes of playing the LBs 10 yards behind the line. How have our linebackers performed since Barrow left? S...TY.

This is the ignorance that unfortunately drive most of, I'm ashamed to say, Cane fans!

Advertisement
Back