Miami v. Iowa State - Sweet 16

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Beating a team in the tournament does not mean you had a better year or are necessarily a better team. Its so high variance bc It’s one game. It’s all about matchups.
I was referring to the odds on the game against college basketballs ranking system. Just seems like the rankings were really wrong on this one.

What's up south Florida? I'm expecting this one to be tight. GL Canes, Let's go Clones!
Everybody knows a cyclone, a tornado in real America, is a small, short lived phenomenon that does isolated damage while a hurricane is a large, widespread, catastrophic, cataclysm, often of biblical proportions. Seems appropriate analogy for the game.

OT Cyclone would be a better name for Tokyo State University.

Advertisement
How would you seed?
I’m ok with our seed. I said on here before the tourney that we had the resume of an 8-9, but looked like a 10-11 if you went by the eye test. So spot on actually. ISU and USC seemed to be seeded pretty fairly IMO.

The SEC teams were where I had the biggest issue. I would’ve had Tenn as the top 2 seed. Purdue should have been the 4th 1 seed and Baylor a 2. Keep in mind this is pre tourney, I’m not judging by what happened this weekend, it’s purely pre tourney resume. Kentucky a 3, and Auburn a 3 or the top #4 seed. You can make the case for LSU and Bama to be 6-8 seeds. They were elite for stretches but 9-9 in conference shouldn’t get you a 6. Especially LSU with the way they stumbled down the stretch. Pretty clear now that neither were as good as people thought.

Wisconsin should have been a low 4 or 5. They should’ve been in line with Illinois who was a 4.

I won’t go through the rest but those are what hit me immediately. We got a very good draw.

I’m ok with our seed. I said on here before the tourney that we had the resume of an 8-9, but looked like a 10-11 if you went by the eye test. So spot on actually. ISU and USC seemed to be seeded pretty fairly IMO.

The SEC teams were where I had the biggest issue. I would’ve had Tenn as the top 2 seed. Purdue should have been the 4th 1 seed and Baylor a 2. Keep in mind this is pre tourney, I’m not judging by what happened this weekend, it’s purely pre tourney resume. Kentucky a 3, and Auburn a 3 or the top #4 seed. You can make the case for LSU and Bama to be 6-8 seeds. They were elite for stretches but 9-9 in conference shouldn’t get you a 6. Especially LSU with the way they stumbled down the stretch. Pretty clear now that neither were as good as people thought.

Wisconsin should have been a low 4 or 5. They should’ve been in line with Illinois who was a 4.

I won’t go through the rest but those are what hit me immediately. We got a very good draw.
I thought Purdue and Tenn should have been 2 seeds with Duke and Kentucky 3 seeds. Halfway through the year, I was convinced Purdue was the team to beat, and they might be still. Wisconsin beat them twice (only home loss they had) and Michigan drubbed them late in the year though. Like people pointed out with Auburn, they somewhat fell off late in the year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back