2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

View as article
Advertisement

1697920372271.gif

With a top 15 class?

Lol

What
100% failed if we end up with the 15th best class.

Mario is a coaching/game day underachiever. If all he's bringing in are classes in the 7-15 range then best we can hope for is top 15-20 type teams.

He was brought in and given the resources for top 5 classes. He needs top 5 classes to compete. But you can't sign top 5 classes on top of each other if you don't win the games you're supposed to.

Advertisement
100% failed if we end up with the 15th best class.

Mario is a coaching/game day underachiever. If all he's bringing in are classes in the 7-15 range then best we can hope for is top 15-20 type teams.

He was brought in and given the resources for top 5 classes. He needs top 5 classes to compete. But you can't sign top 5 classes on top of each other if you don't win the games you're supposed to.
Ok

Yes. They are failing currently. Top 15 classes won’t do **** here in Miami. We need top 6-7 classes consistently to become relevant again. Look at the relevant teams and how they are recruiting. They def aren’t happy about top 15 classes
Lol

Advertisement
Just stop it with that nonsense. The overall ranking doesn’t mean jack when you continue to miss on key positions like CB DT and QB. Those are the positions that drive wins in college football and Mario is getting bodied repeatedly for recruits at those positions.
Lol ok

Advertisement
Mario isn’t getting fired any time soon.
No doubt,but there's a real possibility the wheels fall off again this season and Mario after 2 years has a much worse record than all these recent coaches we've fired even though he's had way more support and resources.He has 8 yrs left on his contract but what are the buyout clauses.If we're still crap after seasons 3 and 4 and the fans are done with Mario can miami afford to fire him?.

I can wait for the class to be completed. If you think Miami under any coach will have consistent top 5 classes you have never followed Miami recruiting.
I'll wait until the class to finish too to judge.

But the last time we won anything meaningful Larry Coker was able to sign top 5 classes on top of each other (2002-2004). Yes that was a long time ago but it's the only time we've had any significant season in 20+ years so it's the only "ceiling" we have.

We've never had a run of top 10 teams since then so we could see what a realistic recruiting class ranking consistency is possible. The cycle for 20 years has always been get a new coach, get a good bump year, bad season, all lost momentum.

My opinion is that winning and momentum (top 10 teams) can get us top 5-8 classes consistently again. But won't ever happen when we lose to programs like GT and Pitt and UNC regularly.

Advertisement
I'll wait until the class to finish too to judge.

But the last time we won anything meaningful Larry Coker was able to sign top 5 classes on top of each other (2002-2004). Yes that was a long time ago but it's the only time we've had any significant season in 20+ years so it's the only "ceiling" we have.

We've never had a run of top 10 teams since then so we could see what a realistic recruiting class ranking consistency is possible. The cycle for 20 years has always been get a new coach, get a good bump year, bad season, all lost momentum.

My opinion is that winning and momentum (top 10 teams) can get us top 7-8 classes consistently again. But won't ever happen when we lose to programs like GT and Pitt and UNC regularly.
Larry Coker's classes sent this program into a tailspin.

Advertisement
Back