MIAMI (fav +24) vs ST FRANCIS 6:30) TODAY ACCN -hope we dont get luckie

Started off slow but picked up the energy & pulled away towards the end of the 1st half.

Pack had his best game shooting 69% from the floor & 50% from 3. He played a lot better than he has thus far this season & showed the potential of what he can do as he continues to get more comfortable & finds his groove in the system.

Omier with another workman’s game with 13pts 10 rebs 4stls & 1blk while shooting 66% from the floor.

Poplar had a good game as well, played well Defensively & can make in impact when he gets out in transition.

AJ Casey had a good game as well, especially on Defense. Playing in the role of a Rim protector & interior defender actually seems to fit him quite well, I’d actually like to see a rotation at some point with both Casey & Omier on the court at the same time, although I realize hat likely won’t happen too often because foul issues.

Would also like to see Watson get some more minutes in prime games, he’s a fluid athlete who can creat his own shot & score, he could be a solid weapon for us to spell for guys like Joseph or Beverly.
I agree with your point about Casey and Omier. The. Maryland game exposed UM’s weakness to big teams. We need to find help for Omier on both ends. He can deal with one guy but not 2 big guys.

Advertisement
Who, if anyone, among the true frosh gets Red-shirted? Danilo?

Wonder where Jakai Robinson, who was a RS last season, fits in? So far he's played a total of 5 minutes in the six games.

Who, if anyone, among the true frosh gets Red-shirted? Danilo?

Wonder where Jakai Robinson, who was a RS last season, fits in? So far he's played a total of 5 minutes in the six games.
If I had to guess it would definitely be Danilo.

Jakai’s lack of playing time is interesting, mainly because he was pretty highly ranked coming out of HS, (was the 3rd ranked player in Maryland iirc) & was an All-Metropolitan player averaging like 20+ points.

Maybe it’s taken him some time to learn the system, but it would be nice to see what he’s got.

Jakai’s lack of playing time is interesting, mainly because he was pretty highly ranked coming out of HS, (was the 3rd ranked player in Maryland iirc) & was an All-Metropolitan player averaging like 20+ points.

Maybe it’s taken him some time to learn the system, but it would be nice to see what he’s got.
I was thinking the same about Jakai. He was indeed highly rated coming out of HS and yet ...

L may not RS anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if it was left more up to the player. These days, disgruntled players first thought is the Portal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree with your point about Casey and Omier. The. Maryland game exposed UM’s weakness to big teams. We need to find help for Omier on both ends. He can deal with one guy but not 2 big guys.
Is that big Nigerian guy any good?

Not enough time on floor to make a real judgement but his handle has looked very loose every time he’s gotten burn. In the limited minutes he hasn’t looked like he’s belonged in my opinion but wish we could see a little more To get a better picture of where he’s really at

Advertisement
Back