Miami at Wake

Advertisement
I'm not trying to hard on the kid, he obviously just never developed, but he had offers from Kansas, Florida and UConn when he picked us. I'm, well, I'm not sure what to say other than I guess he never developed.
The injuries have sure haven't helped his development. I don't know if he's added strength and weight since arriving here. My guess is Coach L and those other top schools who wanted him always figured he would get bigger and stronger. He's listed as 6'11, 220 now.

The injuries have sure haven't helped his development. I don't know if he's added strength and weight since arriving here. My guess is Coach L and those other top schools who wanted him always figured he would get bigger and stronger. He's listed as 6'11, 220 now.
I was certainly of the belief his career would go much better. Reminded me of a more athletic John Henson from UNC.

Advertisement

He really hasn’t because his knees couldn’t handle the extra weight.

Absolutely massive win. This gets us from the bubble in category to firmly in, at least for now. Another Quad 1 win on the road. Just huge. A few thoughts:

- I said it before the game, and turns out I was right. We had to force a ton of turnovers in order to slow down Wake. Our defense isn’t good when we can’t do so. Wake shot 55%. But we forced 17 turnovers and converted that into 19 points, while we only turned it over ourselves 7 times. This was key.
- Kam and Wong both had excellent games, especially down the stretch. Big time bucket after big time bucket. That was high level stuff.
- We survived a terrible game from Moore. What’s with him getting into foul trouble so much lately? He was pressing the whole game.
- Joseph did a great job filling in for Moore. I thought we should’ve stuck with him down the stretch. He plays very good defense, rebounds well, and settles down the offense. He won’t light up the stat sheet but I like him as our PG for the future.
- Miller was a key second half piece. Came up with some big rebounds and buckets.
- Sam didn’t shoot well but I liked his aggressiveness.
- Wooga and Walker gave us some solid minutes.
- Even Gak wasn’t a complete liability when he played. 10 minutes is the most he’s gotten in a while.
- Those refs were absolutely abysmal, with about 80% of their bad calls going in Wake’s favor. We survived Wake and the ACC refs today.

Great win! Now on to beat a reeling Louisville team while Matt Cross rots in the bench.
Didn't no Matt Cross settled himself at the Ville.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back