Miami at Wake

Absolutely massive win. This gets us from the bubble in category to firmly in, at least for now. Another Quad 1 win on the road. Just huge. A few thoughts:

- I said it before the game, and turns out I was right. We had to force a ton of turnovers in order to slow down Wake. Our defense isn’t good when we can’t do so. Wake shot 55%. But we forced 17 turnovers and converted that into 19 points, while we only turned it over ourselves 7 times. This was key.
- Kam and Wong both had excellent games, especially down the stretch. Big time bucket after big time bucket. That was high level stuff.
- We survived a terrible game from Moore. What’s with him getting into foul trouble so much lately? He was pressing the whole game.
- Joseph did a great job filling in for Moore. I thought we should’ve stuck with him down the stretch. He plays very good defense, rebounds well, and settles down the offense. He won’t light up the stat sheet but I like him as our PG for the future.
- Miller was a key second half piece. Came up with some big rebounds and buckets.
- Sam didn’t shoot well but I liked his aggressiveness.
- Wooga and Walker gave us some solid minutes.
- Even Gak wasn’t a complete liability when he played. 10 minutes is the most he’s gotten in a while.
- Those refs were absolutely abysmal, with about 80% of their bad calls going in Wake’s favor. We survived Wake and the ACC refs today.

Great win! Now on to beat a reeling Louisville team while Matt Cross rots in the bench.
Great post. Almost as good as your avatar! Lol

Advertisement
Miami really should almost win all but one of the final games from here on out in season. Although UVA is winnable at home except we struggle rebounding against them.

Let me guess, half of this board wanted to fire Coach L at halftime?
There was only six pages for this game. 10 percent follow basketball. The other 90 dosen't care or they like UNC, GTown, Syracuse, Duke, Michigan or some other ****. There are no mopes here only trolls. Dude should be banned from posting in here. He knows exactly what he's doing. That's two game days in a row he's done the exact same thing. Get him the **** out.

GREAT WIN.

Edit: Anyone know millers injury and the severity? I know he played a ton today but haven’t heard what it is

As much as I don't like Coach Ls offensive philosophy, him allowing our guys to shoot with confidence this year is going to help us during tourney time.

Advertisement
So huge huge win today. Not only did this win firmly put us into the tournament, but I looked and 15 different top 25 teams lost this week and a couple teams lost twice. There's a chance we're ranked after an undefeated week and if not ranked.. I'd say pretty ****. Close.

Great post. Almost as good as your avatar! Lol
Everything I would have said except don’t agree with the Joseph comments. Gutty in your face defense that persevered and showed how quick we are to steal the ball. Loved how Miller made some plays. Wong is either asleep or lights out today lights out. This team is scary good when they limit the full court on defense.

Miami really should almost win all but one of the final games from here on out in season. Although UVA is winnable at home except we struggle rebounding against them.
We struggle rebounding and defending inside against everyone. Think every one of our remaiming games will be a battle (4 of the 6 are on the road).

We struggle rebounding and defending inside against everyone. Think every one of our remaiming games will be a battle (4 of the 6 are on the road).
Wake was much bigger than us but if we limit the amount of times they get into the half court and with our speed we overcome the size factor it was evident loud and clear in this game. Not thrilled about our lack of inside strength but not so doom and gloom as you are making it.😉

Last edited:
Advertisement
To win this game, Miami needs more from Wong. Over the last 5 games, he’s averaging just 11.5 points a game and shooting poorly. That’s not gonna cut it today. We also have to shoot better from 3 to have any chance, and we’re going to need to force a bunch of turnovers if we don’t want Wake to score at will on us.
Free throws , we’ve got to get to the line but then again we’ve been terrible when we’re there.

GOCANES

How is no one talking about Kam? He’s continued to lead this team and always makes plays in the clutch. Our lack in size will make every game we have left a battle but this team finds ways to win late and we’ll find a way to will us into the tourney.

This is such a fun team who is dangerous to others due to three guys who can create. Wish we had Brooks from last year to help on the inside because another decent big man and this team would be the goods.

Any chance we can get 10 solid minutes out of Gak a night? He finished a play at the rim and even threw a nice back door bounce pass last night. Just being playable for a few minutes helps that front court.

Play well and you play more. A lot of it is matchup based, obviously, but you gotta earn minutes with the minutes you get. I think Gak helped his cause yesterday.

Also… it’s been really tough on Gak and the coaches because his practice/PT has to be carefully managed because of knee issues.

It’d be really nice to see him get over the hump. For himself and the team. He’s a great kid.

Advertisement
Gak had one basket, one rebound, one assist, and 2 points in 10 minutes. Guess you'd call that holding your own.

Gak had one basket, one rebound, one assist, and 2 points in 10 minutes. Guess you'd call that holding your own.

I'm not trying to hard on the kid, he obviously just never developed, but he had offers from Kansas, Florida and UConn when he picked us. I'm, well, I'm not sure what to say other than I guess he never developed.

I'm not trying to hard on the kid, he obviously just never developed, but he had offers from Kansas, Florida and UConn when he picked us. I'm, well, I'm not sure what to say other than I guess he never developed.

Gak tore both his ACLs here, and if IIRC already has arthritis that limits how much he can practice.

Simplest answer is that injuries derailed him, he was supposed to be an athletic stretch 4 and obviously he isn't that anymore

Advertisement
Gak tore both his ACLs here, and if IIRC already has arthritis that limits how much he can practice.

Simplest answer is that injuries derailed him, he was supposed to be an athletic stretch 4 and obviously he isn't that anymore

That'll do it too. I forgot he was injured that much.

A win like this and the win at Duke shows Miami can compete in the ACC which is still a elite conference and will be in my opinion. Rad is seeing this and I expect him to play up this season as a great example of the potential Miami has to make a difference. This can take the form of many things.

So huge huge win today. Not only did this win firmly put us into the tournament, but I looked and 15 different top 25 teams lost this week and a couple teams lost twice. There's a chance we're ranked after an undefeated week and if not ranked.. I'd say pretty ****. Close.
At this point, I don't give a **** about being ranked, I just want this team to keep beating the teams they should beat and get to 13+ ACC wins before the ACCT. That happens, Miami is easily in, and we have some March hoops going on.

Advertisement
Back