Miami at Syracuse (1-19-21) at 7 pm on the ACCN

Advertisement
I think it is more mental at this point. I think everyone needs to be shooting 1000 three point shots per day to get better. That is what I have not heard but that is how you fix the problem.
It’s not all mental. Beverly is a god awful shooter. Walker is too. Olanyi is below his stony brook average, but he’s not a great shooter either. Wong is more of a slasher than a shooter. Kam is a career 33% shooter. Cross is a good shooter but he appears to lose his confidence if he gets off to a bad start (BC and Syracuse)

We miss lykes’s shooting, but it’s not like we’d suddenly make 10 3’s a game with him out there.

It’s not all mental. Beverly is a god awful shooter. Walker is too. Olanyi is below his stony brook average, but he’s not a great shooter either. Wong is more of a slasher than a shooter. Kam is a career 33% shooter. Cross is a good shooter but he appears to lose his confidence if he gets off to a bad start (BC and Syracuse)

We miss lykes’s shooting, but it’s not like we’d suddenly make 10 3’s a game with him out there.
This is Larranaga's roster. He recruited it.

Advertisement
That's why Jim's latest excuse of "we can't shoot 3's" is a terrible excuse. Shooting is an essential skill in basketball. This is his roster, and he's directly responsible for our lack of shooting.
Also, since we are so bad at shooting 3's, why attempt 25 of them in a game? Find other ways to break down their zone. We had success with Walker taking short to midrange jumpers early on in the game. Then we took him out, Syracuse started their big run, and we never went back to it. This was an extremely poorly coached game.

I would argue Lykes is so much better than everyone else on the team that him coming back would completely change the offense and our 3 pt shooting. When he gets in the lane teams wouldn’t respect the kick outs so we would be default get better results bc they’d be wide open. But on the other side it just shows how bad this team is and how he’s essentially been a band aid on a gun shot wound the last couple years.

Advertisement
Back