Miami at Syracuse (1-19-21) at 7 pm on the ACCN

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Is it fair to finally take a deep look at the quality of our coaching at this point? Close losses were one thing, but what excuse is there to get completely blown out and embarrassed by mediocre teams like BC and Syracuse?

If one didn’t know who our coach was and they just watched us play, they’d think Perry clark or frank haith was still here. This is a very poorly coached basketball team. There’s very little to no apparent game planning, especially offensively. We play the same offense every game no matter who the opponent is. We rarely have success unless Wong (or Lykes, if he was healthy) rescues us with hero ball. We turn it over at an extremely high rate. We often look like a bunch of guys who’ve never played a game together. It’s just really frustrating to watch. I miss when L’s teams actually looked well coached. Even when they weren’t good teams, they were fundamentally sound and tried to expose opponents’ weaknesses.

Nothing like recruiting a roster full of kids who cannot shoot 3s. Cross and Lykes are only kids who can.

I think it is more mental at this point. I think everyone needs to be shooting 1000 three point shots per day to get better. That is what I have not heard but that is how you fix the problem.

Can’t make threes. Don’t have anyone outside of Lykes who can consistently create their own shot. Don’t have a reliable big man. No one has gotten any better since they’ve been on this team.

The team clearly doesn’t practice. The head coach of a major D1 basketball program just said his team can’t run offense against a zone defense. “It’s a bad matchup for us,” isn’t an acceptable answer for why you got destroyed against a middle of the road ACC team. Idk what more anyone needs to see. Changes need to be made.

Advertisement
Back