Miami at Boston College (1-12-21) at 7 pm on Fox Sports

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honestly, I am fine with Chris and Kam not playing tonight.
I feel the team has learned how to win and I want to see if they can now handle winning.
Sure, it would be nice to have all of the seniors healthy and available. It would be nice to have all of that senior leadership and experience. However, the three sophomores and two freshmen have grown a lot over the past three weeks.
I would like to see them continue to grow and if that growth continues along with a consistent contribution from Gak, Brooks and Olaniyi then this team will make the NCAA tournament.
Don't confuse the absence of seniors with a lack of talent. Miami may lack healthy seniors but they don't lack talent.

Last edited:
Think about this, if the seniors were healthy and available, would the underclassmen get the playing time they need to grow and develop like they have this season.
Ask yourself, how much playing time would Sam take from Matt Cross and Anthony Walker?
If Chris Lykes is healthy, would Harlond or Earl get to play the point?
If Lykes and McGusty were healthy, how many shots would Isaiah get?
We all know how much love Coach L has for his seniors and for good reason, his most successful teams are normally senior laden.
However, does that love for seniors help or hinder the growth and development of the underclassmen?

Advertisement
Think about this, if the seniors were healthy and available, would the underclassmen get the playing time they need to grow and develop like they have this season.
Ask yourself, how much playing time would Sam take from Matt Cross and Anthony Walker?
If Chris Lykes is healthy, would Harlond or Earl get to play the point?
If Lykes and McGusty were healthy, how many shots would Isaiah get?
We all know how much love Coach L has for his seniors and for good reason, his most successful teams are normally senior laden.
However, does that love for seniors help or hinder the growth and development of the underclassmen?

I don't disagree with any of that, but we need to win games, too. Having Lykes and Kam helps us do that. Idk if this team, w/o those two guys, can realistically win enough games to make a tourney run.

Hopefully we can survive tonight and get them back for Saturday.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back