Miami (-8) @ BC 11/24/23

From the BC 247 board preview of the game:

Despite the identity and culture Mario Cristobal wants his programs to exude, the Hurricanes are not a particularly run-heavy team, both in frequency and effectiveness. They rank 69th in Designed Rush Rate (46.9%), 52nd in rushing yards per game (170.8), 53rd in EPA per Designed Rush (0.03), and t-77th in Rushing Success Rate (40.9%). Miami mostly uses Zone running concepts, almost exclusively from Shotgun, which take advantage of their running backs’ speed. Interestingly, their personnel usage is a strong tell for whether they are running or passing. When the Hurricanes have two or more tight ends or two running backs on the field, they run the ball on 71.9% of those snaps.

AS we already know, word has been out. Sure hope Dawson has some new tricks for Friday
That is so pitiful. What a shame our HC and OC coaches s u c k.

Advertisement
I'm not gonna lie, I have made a nice amount of money betting against OR with Miami this year. I took the 14 points vs FSU, I took them vs AnM. I hammered Nc St and North Carolina, and Louisville was an absolute no brainer.
First impression is, how is Miami -8? Hahaha. We will see what the week brings on the market
i thought no-brainers were supposed to be a little easier than that.

From the BC 247 board preview of the game:

Despite the identity and culture Mario Cristobal wants his programs to exude, the Hurricanes are not a particularly run-heavy team, both in frequency and effectiveness. They rank 69th in Designed Rush Rate (46.9%), 52nd in rushing yards per game (170.8), 53rd in EPA per Designed Rush (0.03), and t-77th in Rushing Success Rate (40.9%). Miami mostly uses Zone running concepts, almost exclusively from Shotgun, which take advantage of their running backs’ speed. Interestingly, their personnel usage is a strong tell for whether they are running or passing. When the Hurricanes have two or more tight ends or two running backs on the field, they run the ball on 71.9% of those snaps.

AS we already know, word has been out. Sure hope Dawson has some new tricks for Friday
I just posted this in another thread.
Although BC’s stats show they are terrible against the run, but they are probably pretty decent when they know the run is coming.

Some notes from BC 247 board:

-Thwarting the Miami offense comes down to two elements. First, BC should not be afraid to let the Hurricanes run the ball. They certainly need to try to limit explosive runs, which has been a serious issue for this defense and could be exploited by Miami’s fast and uber-athletic running backs. But letting Miami slowly move the ball on the ground actually plays into BC’s hands, as they will chew the clock away by doing that.

-Second, the Eagles need to play conservatively on the back end with more Zone coverage shells focused on preventing deep passes. They should not blitz, as that gives Van Dyke easy answers, and he’s proven to be good against the blitz; his PFF Passing grade is 86.7 when blitzed, compared to 75.8 when not blitzed. BC needs to only rush three or four and make Van Dyke think, possibly forcing him into throwing interceptions. If he keeps peppering them with screens and RPOs, that’s fine, so long as BC tackles properly and limits yards after the catch, which is a dubious proposition.

-Even though BC should run the ball on almost every snap, when they don’t, they need to find some edges in this game with trick plays and misdirection. It’s the last game of the season, so there’s no reason to hold anything back in the playbook. The Eagles have shown some creativity on offense this year, incorporating unorthodox formations and packaging the same play in very different ways. BC has struggled to execute the traditional drop back passing game, so they need to find some other ways to throw the ball if they are going to do so.

-BC needs to consistently run the ball right into the teeth of the Miami defense. If the offensive line can generate some push and open up holes for Kye Robichaux and Alex Broome, that will go a long way to keeping BC’s offense on schedule. Miami is better at rushing the passer than stopping the run.

-The premier matchup will be defensive tackle Leonard Taylor III versus the interior of BC’s offensive line. Taylor is very explosive and quick for his size, but he occasionally loses interest in run defense and tackling. Christian Mahogany and Kyle Hergel might be able to break his will. On the outside, true freshman Rueben Bain will be quite the handful for Logan Taylor and Ozzy Trapilo. While Bain has hit a bit of a freshman wall and cooled off in recent games, Taylor has also regressed a bit in the last few games.

-BC’s Biggest Weakness: BC Defensive Backs vs. UM Wide Receivers: it will probably have the greatest impact on the outcome of the game. BC has struggled against decent at best wide receiver groups from Virginia Tech and Pittsburgh. Miami’s wide receiver group is significantly better than all those groups and is probably tied for the second-best BC has faced with Louisville and behind only Florida State. Xavier Restrepo is one of the best and most reliable receivers in all of college football, while the trio of Jacolby George, Colbie Young, and Brashard Smith form one of the most explosive trios.

FINAL ANALYIS FROM THE BC SIDE:

Both teams enter this contest riding at least two-game losing streaks (three in Miami’s case). But BC has looked much worse during that losing streak, getting blown out by a mediocre Virginia Tech team and losing to a bad Pittsburgh team. Miami has actually hung tough with some of the best teams in the conference despite poor quarterback play and injuries. Therefore, I expect the Hurricanes to win this game comfortably. They simply have too much talent and athleticism, plus superior coaching on both sides of the ball. BC needs too much to break their way to keep this game competitive.,

MIAMI 41 - BC 17
This guy knows us so well, but in the end,
he really doesn’t know us.

BC is thought of as terrible but they have more acc wins and higher in acc standings.. why do they expect us to beat them?? Mario style of play will keep the game close and will fold..

Advertisement
Some notes from BC 247 board:
They certainly need to try to limit explosive runs, which has been a serious issue for this defense and could be exploited by Miami’s fast and uber-athletic running backs…Xavier Restrepo is one of the best and most reliable receivers in all of college football, while the trio of Jacolby George, Colbie Young, and Brashard Smith form one of the most explosive trios.

MIAMI 41 - BC 17
👆👆👆

Notice these key excerpts.

The BC fans clearly do NOT read CiS.

I'm not gonna lie, I have made a nice amount of money betting against OR with Miami this year. I took the 14 points vs FSU, I took them vs AnM. I hammered Nc St and North Carolina, and Louisville was an absolute no brainer.
First impression is, how is Miami -8? Hahaha. We will see what the week brings on the market
JB starting???

For the guys that bet BC that genuinely thought it was a good bet, I’m sorry you lost.

For the ******** that bet on BC and made stupid ******* jokes about it, I hope you lost your shirts.

For the guys that bet BC that genuinely thought it was a good bet, I’m sorry you lost.

For the ******** that bet on BC and made stupid ******* jokes about it, I hope you lost your shirts.
Im still trying to understand the point of coming to your favorite team message board and bragging about betting against the team you root for. And I bet the majority didnt even place a bet. Real loser ****. And if they did, I hope they bet the house

Advertisement
Some of you ducks "say" you took BC even after the line moved in our favor. ***** made enough to post you took them but not man enough to come back and eat crow after betting against your own team lol

I played the BC +8.5 soley on the fact that at the end of the season they never play good and always sleepwalk the last game of the season. Pleasantly surprised they had an easy win in November after the season miami had

Advertisement
Parlay
Im still trying to understand the point of coming to your favorite team message board and bragging about betting against the team you root for. And I bet the majority didnt even place a bet. Real loser ****. And if they did, I hope they bet the house
Screenshot_20231125_002405_Chrome.jpg

IYKYK

Come on ... they hammered Ga Tech and almost beat FSU. I am very surprised that UM is favored. I expect UM to run, run, run as BC is #121 in rush D. But they will be pumped for the game and UM most likely will approach lackadaisical ... and lose. Hope not but not feeling confident.
Melissa Villasenor Oops GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement

The receipts have been plenty........

Very glad to be wrong. In another post in this thread I said the team hadn’t quit in any game this year so let’s see if they do for this one.

Glad to be proven wrong. It means the culture really is changing in the locker room and kids being brought into the program. They actually looked liked they wanted to play football yesterday.

Backups getting INT and the whole team still engaged and going nuts. Its was great to see.

In the past 15 years in similar scenarios the team would’ve quit and got blown out to end the season cause they were selfish and only worried about leaving for the nfl or just flat out didn’t care. I saw none of that yesterday.

Advertisement
Back