Mark walton 2016 highlights

I would love to hear from the people saying Yearby is clearly the better back

Yeah, I remember me and you getting vilified for promoting Walton over Yearbz and Gus this past offseason
smh
I've always felt Walton was the best back on our team, the Yearby discussion only came about from people just being typical sociopath Canes fans & looking to nitpick Walton...

The Gus talk was & always has been nothing more than trolling.

Man, Icould never tell tho.

I used to be like " Are these guys fuqin serious about this?" I feel like [MENTION=1396]blackvern[/MENTION] was dead *** serious that Gus was better than Mark.

Then Brockwurst would add his annoying 2 cents based upon nerdy crap like "stats". Ugh. Sickened me. Anyone watching the **** film, with eyes to see, knew far and away he was the best and toughest back on this team.

Advertisement

Yeah, I remember me and you getting vilified for promoting Walton over Yearbz and Gus this past offseason
smh
I've always felt Walton was the best back on our team, the Yearby discussion only came about from people just being typical sociopath Canes fans & looking to nitpick Walton...

I used to be like " Are these guys fuqin serious about this?" I feel like [MENTION=1396]blackvern[/MENTION] was dead *** serious that Gus was better than Mark.

Then Brockwurst would add his annoying 2 cents based upon nerdy crap like "stats". Ugh. Sickened me. Anyone watching the **** film, with eyes to see, knew far and away he was the best and toughest back on this team.

Not gonna let u drag me back into this mane......

smh

Not gonna let u drag me back into this mane......

lmfaoooooooo

hahaha.

I tried.

:grinch:

It is interesting though that up until November Yearby WAS clearly the better back.

Walton played great to close out the season and in particular had an impressive second half against a tough NCST defense, but if you just look at his performances against all the tougher competition this season he was underwhelming. **** even against App St he didn't have a particularly impressive performance.

Hopefully it's just a case of a young back getting better and better and he keeps improving and turns out to be something real special next year.

Advertisement

It is interesting though that up until November Yearby WAS clearly the better back.

Walton played great to close out the season and in particular had an impressive second half against a tough NCST defense, but if you just look at his performances against all the tougher competition this season he was underwhelming. **** even against App St he didn't have a particularly impressive performance.

Hopefully it's just a case of a young back getting better and better and he keeps improving and turns out to be something real special next year.
I disagree. Not really worth going over again but Yearby and Walton were just inconsistent. You could point to one each week and make a case for them, but I don't think overall Yearby was ever "better".

But they were a nice tandem no matter how you slice it

Mark finished overall better than I thought but lets not act like Yearby wouldn't have put up the same numbers if he had the carries.

Advertisement
Not the best vision in the world, but the kid runs hard. He put together a really good year, I'm hoping Homer can come in and be a great #2 back for us next year.

yeah, i still have problems with his vision, but lets be honest, he followed duke johnson who is one of the top pure runners we've had when you take into account his vision, cutting ability and speed (which he got towards his junior year) . . . yearby has the cutting ability but his speed is his downfall . . . interested to see homer

yeah, i still have problems with his vision, but lets be honest, he followed duke johnson who is one of the top pure runners we've had when you take into account his vision, cutting ability and speed (which he got towards his junior year) . . . yearby has the cutting ability but his speed is his downfall . . . interested to see homer

Why do people knock Yearby for being slow, but don't knock Walton for being slow? That became a popular thing to do this year and I still don't understand why

Advertisement

Why do people knock Yearby for being slow, but don't knock Walton for being slow? That became a popular thing to do this year and I still don't understand why

While neither has elite speed you can tell that he is noticeably faster than yearby. Duke was fast too but didn't have elite speed either

Walton showed better vision as the year progressed. If he can continue to develop over the next year he's going to make himself some money in the draft.

think of that play against app state . . . i don't think yearby scores from 80.

Advertisement

While neither has elite speed you can tell that he is noticeably faster than yearby. Duke was fast too but didn't have elite speed either

Duke had elite speed before he bulked up too much. He's still fast, but lost a step.

I'm curious as to what people would guess Walton and Yearby's 40 times are? I get frustrated but i've seen Waltom time and timne again not being able to get the corner on defenders. To me it looks like Yearby is faster.

Here's each RB's 40 time from their ESPN recruiting file:

Duke - 4.42
Gus - 4.58
Yearby - 4.58
Walton - 4.68
Gus - 4.58
Homer - 4.48

I know Walton ran a 4.63 at The Opening, so a little bit faster, but still pretty slow.

"Yearby is slow, Walton is fast" seems to be one of those catch phrases for the season, like "this is the worst Miami OL of all time" was last year. I've asked in other threads if someone can produce a 40 time for Walton since he's been at UM, but I haven't seen it. The Walton having speed thing doesn't seem to have any factual basis IMO.

think of that play against app state . . . i don't think yearby scores from 80.

Probably not, but for a different reason.

80 yard App St.run - Walton's balance makes that run. App St. thought he was down, so they stopped or slowed up while coming at bad angles. Watch the App St. Safety #3 on the play. If he doesn't stop playing, the run doesn't go for 80 yards.

55 yard Pitt run - Waltons runs into his own blocker but maintains balance. It actually helped because it forced #3 8 into a bad tackling angle. Then because it was at the end of the game, #14 completely punts on trying to make a tackle. #14 makes what would've been an awful attempt if they were playing flag football.

IMO - both runs were made by Walton's best attribute, his balance, and not his speed. Both these runs are actually good examples of seeing that he's not very fast.

Advertisement
Back