Mario vs Utah Round 2

Advertisement
Part of creating a new emphasis is giving Mario the right assistants. He runs the program like a CEO, in the same sense Saban does, not saying he’s anywhere near Saban, just operates things the same. Moorehead is clearly looking like a miss as is Brown. This is also fairly young roster. This is a top 15-20 roster as things stand today. Two more years of top 10 recruiting would definitely build much better depth. I wonder if he is open to moving towards a more air oriented attack. I’m sure he sees all these team winning by throwing the ball. I know he’s a “physicality” coach but Bama, Ohio State and Clemson all play physical and use different variations of a spread attack. Pairing Mario with the right OC is the top priority.

I would think after watching his(Mario) team get pushed around trying to just run over teams could help convince him to become more air raid so to speak, especially with TVD.

No doubt/. I think we all are hoping Mario chooses an aggressive play caller like lash. I don’t need air raid but let’s be real - we’ve seen the future and we can’t go back. I think Mario is plenty aware and besides, just about every OC out there is coaching this style

Advertisement
Advertisement
Toxic?

What would you call that first half?

Nobody has said anything outrageous.
Problem is some on this board don't take different opinions well.

EVERYONE must want Manny gone, EVERYONE must want Jake to start, EVERYONE must want Mario, etc... If you do not, then you ain't a fan. Kind of like politics now a day. We can agree on 95% of the issue, but it's that 5% that get folks up in arms...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Oregon was lights out in Columbus without Thibodeaux (and Justin Flowe).

They've been mediocre as all get-out the rest of the season.

Could easily be 7-5 right now.

(Not advocating for or against MC, just pointing how lacksadaisical the Ducks have looked most of this season)
Once I realized we may end up at this point with the HC situation, I started watching Oregon more. It seems like they could never get a rhythm during games. Bad play by the QB or a mistake or penalty something always happened when they were there on the cusp of rolling teams. The game against Wazzu is a perfect example. Brown fumbled right at the goal line and they would’ve gone up by three scores I believe. Either way Wazzu made it a one possession game quick. Ultimately Oregon won but the point being is they struggled to keep the foot on the throat. I don’t know if it’s a youth thing or coaching or what. I don’t know the roster but a quick glance shows some youth which can lead to some immaturity but some is coaching.

Advertisement
Back