Manny

Advertisement
I love the fact that we have a guy with a big ceiling as far as his passing talent. Add in that he isn't a brick footed statue (Kaaya) and we may have something with Jarren. I don't mean to bash Kaaya because he was a good college QB but he was a sitting duck!
Kaaya would’ve been killed with this OL, mobility is a must imo.

popular choice? with who canesinsight? lol the current players like jarren alot as do alot of people around the program.
Let’s be real! When Tate transferred in WE ALL thought he was the heir apparent including myself given the circumstances at the time

I wonder how short the leash will be for Jarren. I’m team whoever tf puts us in best position to win and I trust the coaches’ judgment. But I know some of y’all will be leading Tate chants after Jarren throws a pick or two. I just hope we have stability and solid consistency from Jarren and this season doesn’t turn into a QB carousel nightmare.

I mentioned in another post what I still feel to be a large part of the decision - better to fit the qb to the system than tailor the offense to the player.

Obviously the accuracy and other factors went into the decision as well. But when you have a certain style like Enos does, you don’t just scrap it because a guy can make some plays with his feet.

Looks like it was a truly open competition. That should bode well as far as keeping true freshman motivated and on the recruiting trail. The best man gets the job.
I know not much is known about the QB's because so little was allowed to come out of camp, and ultimately Enos was always going to choose our best QB, but honest to god I would've been just a smudge worried had Kosi or Tate been the pick.

If all I see of Tate is him tossing balls exclusively to the dirt or to the stands, and all I read about Kosi is how turnover prone he is, I'm not going to think they're very good QBs.

Advertisement
Let’s be real! When Tate transferred in WE ALL thought he was the heir apparent including myself given the circumstances at the time
I can understand why that'd be the assumption. While Tate did seemingly improve for the second spring scrimmage, here were my thoughts on the topic during the first Spring scrimmage:

All we can do is go off what we see and how that projects for our success, ya'll. Seems like the coaches did the same.

*FWIW, no, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Tate at some point this season or if there's a shuffle. But, hopefully, we have our QB1.

This.

It blows my mind that people genuinely think anything goes into a decision like this other than who the best player is. People’s jobs are on the line. Aka people’s lives are on the line. But it’s a popularity contest? Insane how unintelligent people are.
U mean like Richt starting Rosier even after he barely completed 50% of passes. Or him failing to replace any of the offensive coaches who failed. Or Goldy keeping his boyfriend on staff, even after he refused to stop anyone's offense. Im sure coaches always make the best decisions.

U mean like Richt starting Rosier even after he barely completed 50% of passes. Or him failing to replace any of the offensive coaches who failed. Or Goldy keeping his boyfriend on staff, even after he refused to stop anyone's offense. Im sure coaches always make the best decisions.
Bingo!

Was Perry better? They make the decisions that THEY FEEL are the best. Are they always correct? Of course not. If they were, every team would be great. There’s winners and losers in life. But to think Diaz was going to make a decision based off a kid’s popularity, or social media, or girlfriend etc etc is laughable. These guys want to win football games. Otherwise they’re unemployed.

Advertisement
Was Perry better? They make the decisions that THEY FEEL are the best. Are they always correct? Of course not. If they were, every team would be great. There’s winners and losers in life. But to think Diaz was going to make a decision based off a kid’s popularity, or social media, or girlfriend etc etc is laughable. These guys want to win football games. Otherwise they’re unemployed.
Starting a proven senior over an unproven freshman is never better.

For the people who matter in making decisions, there was no such thing as the popular choice. People decided to conflate social media popularity with preferred options. One of the more ridiculous things I've seen in a bit. Like I've repeated, even if Diaz preferred Tate's off-field behavior, his mother****ing job and Enos' entire validation ride on making the choice based on performance. We weren't going to get anything other than what they thought would best get them to their personal goals.
What Lu said . To act like Manny was going to pick someone based on social media or whatever is silly af.

On the horizon challenges for Manolo...

What/where/how/who does Manny/Enos/Blake respond with starter playing poorly and big/unexpected loss.

So far...in Manny we trust...

I'm a buyer today.

Advertisement
Said this in the other thread....

Unbelievable job by Manny to get hired as the new HC, convince Jarren to stay after the disaster of last years offense and OC;

Then bring in Tate & Enos to show these guys (Kosi & Jarren) how to be leaders and hard workers as QBs; and finally to create a QB competition for 7-8 months;

And then to have the balls to go with the best talent/QB for the team and future when he hasn't started a game/barely played in college yet. O and yea game 1 is against UF on national TV.

Manny has BALLS
Don’t forget, he helped get Jeff Thomas to come back.

For the people who matter in making decisions, there was no such thing as the popular choice. People decided to conflate social media popularity with preferred options. One of the more ridiculous things I've seen in a bit. Like I've repeated, even if Diaz preferred Tate's off-field behavior, his mother****ing job and Enos' entire validation ride on making the choice based on performance. We weren't going to get anything other than what they thought would best get them to their personal goals.

I remember a post you made after Enos was hired. How you watch some Arkansas tape, and thought he was the best fit. I have watched every game Enos has called as a coordinator with the Hogs, I like you, thought that a guy like Perry or Williams were the best fit for what we wanted to do. People allow their personnel feelings to get in the way of judging these quarterbacks.

Advertisement

But Tate wasn't given all the facts, man.

Advertisement
Back