Manny

Advertisement
I wonder how short the leash will be for Jarren. I’m team whoever tf puts us in best position to win and I trust the coaches’ judgment. But I know some of y’all will be leading Tate chants after Jarren throws a pick or two. I just hope we have stability and solid consistency from Jarren and this season doesn’t turn into a QB carousel nightmare.

After last year I’m sure Manny wanted a decision he could rely on. I understand if Jarren throws 3 picks then it’s time for a switch, but you can’t do what Richt did with Kosi last year. If you take Jarren out if he throws a pick on his first drive it’ll likely get ugly quick like last year. You gotta give the kid the keys and have some confidence in him. Looking over your shoulder in a game leads to mistakes

After last year I’m sure Manny wanted a decision he could rely on. I understand if Jarren throws 3 picks then it’s time for a switch, but you can’t do what Richt did with Kosi last year. If you take Jarren out if he throws a pick on his first drive it’ll likely get ugly quick like last year. You gotta give the kid the keys and have some confidence in him. Looking over your shoulder in a game leads to mistakes
Exactly. There will be rough patches. Weak o-line, first year starter at QB with no game experience, new offense. Jarren will make mistakes. They have to let him work his way out of them. The offense week 1 will be very different than the one we see by week 4-5.

Exactly. There will be rough patches. Weak o-line, first year starter at QB with no game experience, new offense. Jarren will make mistakes. They have to let him work his way out of them. The offense week 1 will be very different than the one we see by week 4-5.

I think Manny made the right decision, just can’t have him playing scared.

Advertisement
Agreed. There will be growing pains. Last year at Virginia, Perry should have been pulled for only one series to settle down and get on the same page as the coaches, after his rough start. Pulling him completely out of the game like they did set back his development and our season. Can't do that to Williams. Have to let him play through rough patches and gain the confidence that he is able to do so.

I think it's obvious Manny is practicing what he's preaching. Choosing starters that give the team the best chance to win regardless of class or any outside noise.

Manny Diaz just stood tall and picked the guy who had the best camp and won the job.

He chose the guy who performed the best, instead of the highly-rated and nationally-hyped transfer.

That took balls right there. Especially considering some rumors of off-the-field issues. Just shows Manny has a ruthless mentality and will get the best player on the field no matter what.

Great sign for us.

Amazing that this is even something that would be questionable..The best guy is playing. What a F-ing bold move..

Perry was completely unprepared to play last year which was understandable because the Canes didn’t have a QB coach. I am sure there will be growing pains with Williams this year but I also don’t anticipate that Enos would allow a QB to play as bad as they did last year and remain in the game.

Advertisement
Williams will be allowed to play through his mistakes on the field, unless he does something real stupid off the field. He doesn't seem that type..
.. but if it was Perry, i wouldn't be that sure.
So barring in injury (with this OL, we can never be sure) JW will be fine...

No, we didn't all think that. When he transferred in, I thought he was a bad fit for this offense.

I thought he wouldn't get the waiver. And why does Ivan's think both N'Kosi and Tate might transfer, isn't Tate Stuck... for the year atleast

Advertisement
Manny passed his first big test as a head coach. Didn’t play favorites or go with the popular choice. He truly went with the best QB out of the 3. Respect! 🙌🏾

Would have been an A+ to me had he kept his decision close to the vest until August 23-24.

Sure, JW has almost ZERO college film to study...but with the stark differences in skill sets between the QBs, to me it would have been at least a slight advantage not to make it public, regardless of the media and fan pressure to need to know yesterday. I say f-k em all, including me wanting to know, and sit on it.

UM

Last edited:
I thought he wouldn't get the waiver. And why does Ivan's think both N'Kosi and Tate might transfer, isn't Tate Stuck... for the year atleast
Tate might as well ride out the season. You never know when your number is going to get called. He can either mope around or act like Jalen Hurts did for Bama.

Sick of people talking about transfers, some are obsessed with it.... GIVE IT A REST PLEASE!

Advertisement
Sick of people talking about transfers, some are obsessed with it.... GIVE IT A REST PLEASE!

I'm not one of those people, been ghost on this site for some time, just repeating what I just heard Andrew Ivan's say because it didn't add up to me. Maybe you should tell those people something not me

I'm glad he came out and named a starter publicly as opposed to playing the "keep Florida guessing" bullcrap. There is like 30 seconds of film on him. Realistically what is UF going to do differently to prepare for Jarren than they would have for the other 2 QB's? Give Jarren his due and let him absorb everything that comes with being named the starter. See how he reacts. Hopefully he embraces the spotlight and his new leadership role.

Pretty clear from all of Manny's "disease" talk, is that mental toughness was one of the factors he took into account. If he thought JW would play scared after a pick or sack, he wouldn't be QB1.

Would have been an A+ to me had he kept his decision close to the vest until August 23-24.

Sure, JW has almost ZERO college film to study...but with the stark differences in skill sets between the QBs, to me it would have been at least a slight advantage not to make it public, regardless of the media and fan pressure to need to know yesterday. I say f-k em all, including me wanting to know, and sit on it.

UM
cant keep competition open and keep splitting reps.. next 11 days is basically game prep and you need to get your #1 ready and in sync with other starters. news woulda leaked anyways

Advertisement
Back