Manny Diaz linebacker recruiting

If I recall correctly, Jimmy would make a DT out of a TE, as you don't forget quick twitch and quick feet. Russsel Maryland dropped down to 267 per thale Cotten bowl announcers, and that speed put him at another level. He was absolutely a frighten beast in that bowl game..multiple sacks and just wreaked havoc like few have ever done. Speed kills. It is so nice not to have safeties that run in the 4.8's again.

Pretty certain Sapp was a TE coming out of High School.
Sapp was a Dennis Erickson recruit.

Advertisement
I'm iffy on his linebacker recruiting after the 17 class none seem like they will ever be starters for us

Why????
. Sneed seems to have some potential but Jennings has some of the worst film I've seen wilders film wasnt great either
What?.... you think neither of Jennings or wilders film is not good? Stay off the drugs man
Savage SZN #Senior Highlights - Bradley Jennings highlights - Hudl
Jennings is an aggressive, hard hitting linebacker with good size. People just be saying anything on here.... Jennings had very good films as a senior
And wilder is a speed demon in the mold of jermaine grace but more explosive imo

I agree that Jennings has some great Sr film and is definitely a big hitter with a nose for the ball and great instincts.

But comparing Wilder who only lined up as a rush end or "Jack LB" (who is basically a stand up rush end) and never played behind the defensive line, made reads and used LB instincts to Grace (a kid who played Safety in HS) is ridiculous.

Yes both Grace and Wilder are fast, but that is about as far as the comparison goes.

I liked the Steed and Jennings pick up, but wish we took Ventrel Miller (who was high on us) over Wilder to be honest.

But Wilder is now a Cane and I will support and root for him.

IMO he should definitely be redshirted so he can learn to play LB on not waste a crucial developmental year just playing special teams

We shouldn't be recruiting players that aren't expected to be a stud.

You mean like how Pickney was an overlooked 3 star?

Did you look at Pinckney's film and say "Yea, he's a 3 star, he probably won't contribute until his 2nd-3rd year"?

Doesn't apply. Whatever LB we would've recruited that cycle would've played because of how bad our roster was ****ed. Now that we've got a little depth dudes on back on the mel kiper schtick.

What?

I don't want to hear that...We were expecting depth problems, not talent problems.

You may have forgot, but before the spring and leading up to NSD-2016, we had Jermaine Grace, Juwon Young, and Darrion Owens all expecting to come back and compete to start, but Young/Grace both ended up off the team. Before that happened, we all expected Pinckney/Shaq to come in and compete for starting jobs because they were both studs with phenomenal film, and would have just as much time to learn the playbook as the upperclassman. McCloud also was expected to be a stud, but only reason we didn't project him to start is because Grace was considered the best player on our defense at the time.

But we, and the coaching staff I'm sure, had many reasons to expect all 3 incoming LB's were studs, which is why we did everything we could to keep them committed, and to get McCloud back.

Instead of typing a whole paragraph of nonsense you could just say. "Don't the trust the coaches who evaluated and turned our last 3 LB's into monsters. Trust me instead, i'm not impressed. " What more does our defensive staff have to do to earn your trust after last year?

It's refreshing to see how Diaz targets LBs. He's already offered Gregory Rousseau, Patrick Joyner and Ashtan Pierre, none of whom play LB in high school. He's going after athletic beasts and trusting his ability to coach them.

Shannon was the opposite. He wanted ready-made LBs like Glenn Cook. Shannon didn't even offer Ryan Shazier because he played DE in high school. Golden recruited the hybrids but didn't know what to do with them.

Diaz really understands South Florida athletes and how to use them.

Question: do you think he would have recruited shaq and Pinckney coming out of high school?

Advertisement
Back