Looking At The Schedule

Depends.

Could be winds in two or three games, possible internal problem that costs us another game or two, or like in the past - we see something from another team we didn't anticipate, then we have players "out of position" like the past four years that could cost us a game or two . . .

If we win 7, it's because we bought two games for cash money.

Lets not forget those night games.

Advertisement
I'm increasing prediction to 18 wins from 17

this is possibly the post of the year. I'm still laughing.
Cribby is WINNING!

giphy.gif

I agree. Classic post...Classic Cribby.

Advertisement
I dont know how you guys can be sure on any prediction good or bad...?

4 years is a good enough sample size to know what to expect out of a Frauden coached team. The season is over before it started.

Fair point, but gotta have faith that people can improve or change, just like how players do, coaches should too, Doesn't mean they always will but im going to choose to see and have hope that Golden and his staff will improve, and for the sake of their jobs, improve immensely.

My concern is FSU being early. The team went into the tank after fsu last year, if we do that again it's going to be a long Season.

Advertisement
Everyone's got jokes but 9 wins is the absolute worst case scenario for golden haters, and knowing him, he'll back right into it

8 wins, 9 MAX.

Bethune - W
@FAU - W
Nebraska - L
@Cincinnati - W
@FSU - L
VT - W
Clemson - L
@Duke - W
Virginia - W
@UNC - W
GT - L
Pitt - W

Everyone's got jokes but 9 wins is the absolute worst case scenario for golden haters, and knowing him, he'll back right into it
9 wins is the worst case scenario for the program. Either win big (win the ACC and get a playoff spot lol) or tank and let's all move on from the golden era. Anything in between and we ****ed.

Advertisement

4 years is a good enough sample size to know what to expect out of a Frauden coached team. The season is over before it started.

You never would have hired Saban away from Michigan State. He didn't exactly light the world on fire there.

LSU AD Joe Dean understood football and understood what Saban offered. That's why he was able to make that hire and LSU reaped the rewards of Joe Dean's knowledge.

Our "fans" are extremely short-sighted. Al has a 300 page book with a coherent plan for restoring UM to the zenith of CFB. Al will lead UM back to the top of CFB. It may not be this year, but look at the 2016 recruiting class led by Jack Allison.

CAG15 leads to Swag16.

Last edited:
lol the EXACT same post every year since 2004

This team should win at least 9. Acc could be even worse this year than previous.

Clemson- very good qb who is rehabbing a torn acl. Good offense and are replacing entire d-line, their best LB, and 2 DBs.

Nebraska- new coach who runs a pro style system but has a spread Qb that can't throw. Abdullah & gregory is gone, and they lost their top wr.

Fsu- Lost winston, 4 starters on the o-line, best wr & te, lost their top 2 d-lineman, 2 starting Cbs, lost a few LBs to transfer. Ramsey has moved to cb so he can't rome and make plays now.

Unc- Returns entire offense but have a ? o-line and have no run game. Chizik is the dc now but they just don't have alot of talent on D.

VT- turnover prone QB, o-line issues. Might be the best d-line miami plays this season. ? At LB and Safety.

gt- returning their Qb, lost their best wr, and their top backs. Not good on D.

Looking at uva, cincy, pitt, duke etc and what they have, miami should beat them but you know how that goes.

I've seen this particular post for the last decade...

Advertisement

You never would have hired Saban away from Michigan State. He didn't exactly light the world on fire there.

LSU AD Joe Dean understood football and understood what Saban offered. That's why he was able to make that hire and LSU reaped the rewards of Joe Dean's knowledge.

Our "fans" are extremely short-sighted. Al has a 300 page book with a coherent plan for restoring UM to the zenith of CFB. Al will lead UM back to the top of CFB. It may not be this year, but look at the 2016 recruiting class led by Jack Allison.

CAG15 leads to Swag16.

Excellent points, sir.

Sometimes, you need more football knowledge in order to extrapolate situations like Saban winning 6 to 8 games per year at Michigan State to winning a NC at LSU. Al Yankovic did the same thing here at UM in the 70s when he hired Jimmy Johnson away from NASCAR.

As for CAG's binder, there's a reason it was 300 pages and not 50. This was always going to be a long long turnaround. If it was going to be fast, CAG would have had a pamphlet not 300 pages.

8 wins, 9 MAX.

Bethune - W - Yes@FAU - W - Yes
Nebraska - L - Yes
@Cincinnati - W - Yes, but tougher game on the road on a Thursday night
@FSU - L - Yes
VT - W - No. Miami hasn't beat Virginia Tech in back to back years since '01-'02. They have a great defense and will be much older on offense.
Clemson - L - Yes
@Duke - W - Maybe, but Cutcliffe is three times the coach Golden is. On the road.
Virginia - W - 1-3 against Virginia under Golden. People still pencil this game in as a win and I don't know why. Wishful thinking I guess.
@UNC - W - Best offense in the league coming back. On the road. Chizik will have the defense better and even if he doesn't, that offense will torch us
GT - L - Yes
Pitt - W - No. Connor and Boyd coming back with a Pat Narduzzi defense? I won't count on that one.

6-6 is the best case scenerio for this group of clowns. I think 4-8. We won't win a game after Cincinnati. After our tough stretch @FSU, VT, CLemson and @Duke we may win 1 or 2 but that is hopeful thinking at this point. There is nothing in the past that indicates we will beat the teams in November.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back