Looking At The Schedule

Advertisement
I'm increasing prediction to 18 wins from 17

this is possibly the post of the year. I'm still laughing.
Cribby is WINNING!

giphy.gif

Frauden = 4 to 6 wins
Butch or any competent coach = 10+ wins

End thread.

Yep. 4-8. DOOFUS COACHES.

This. Coaching staff coaches SCARED. That's why we lost to fsu and Al completely lost the team after that. Need a coach that lets the goons on D attempt to persecute the QB. Oh yeah, we still have Paul W. as a DB coach. He's likely to lose three games by himself with his technique, or lack thereof, on D. The only hope is the DB's play instinctively on D and never look to him during a game. He's the reason we can't get a 5 star DB out of our own backyard, where there have been many. Pray BK can come out of every game walking and uninjured, and yes I said pray.

Advertisement
Obviously our coaching is our biggest detriment but OL will be a close 2nd. Add to that our secondary and what goes in back there.

I'm not concerned about the o-line right now. Kc only praticed 4 days and gabadois didn't participate.

They need to move darling to guard because i think with his skill set he would be better there and a upgrade over gall. Depth will be an issue.

Secondary i think will be fine if bush, burns, howard, elder stay healthy.

I'm not really buying that.

The OL will not go from putrid to serviceable because KC and Gadbois return from huge injuries and who knows what the summer/fall holds for their recoveries. OL will be an enormous issue.

Secondary will be a massive problem. What have you seen out of Burns and Howard to think that they'll be elite? No secondary rotation of only 4 guys is going to win anything. CB has 7 guys on scholarship, 4 of whom are some level of freshman.

The key is our continuity in coaching. FSU game last year showed we had best talent in ACC; problem is we had worst coaching. Really no reason to lose any games this year except the massive coaching difference. Al is the same coach every day.

Thread is pointless. We should have won our last 3 games last year. You never know who is going to surprise or disapoint, except Miami, they'll disapoint.

Advertisement
3-1 going to Tally. They lose and tank. Win one, maaaaaybe two after the loss in Tally. Won't rally to beat VT the next week because Golden doesn't know how to handle a hangover. Clemson has equal or better talent, forget it. At Duke on Halloween and UNC, maybe a split. GT and Pitt run the fat kid up the middle and D'No doesn't know how to stop that. 4-8. 5-7 tops.

Almost forgot about UVA. Al's 1-3 against the Cavs while at Miami.

Last edited:
Just beat fsu so that can give me a reason to watch the season in a good mood...not predicting a record....only thing i care about is not losing to those *****es for a 6th straight year

Golden will be lucky to win 7. Any top 20 coach would win 10-11 games out of 12 this Fall with the current players.

The best Golden can do with this schedule and this talent is 7-5. He is an underachiever, so I say 6-6 and is fired before the bowl game.

Advertisement
Further predictions: Coley named interim HC for bowl game. Dno leaves with Al and Hurlie is interim DC.

UM waits for ideal candidate and gets nothing. Coley named HC in January. He retains most of the staff. Schools from around the country use this as a recruiting edge against us. Class finishes between 19-24. "New" president is happy with hire and direction of program. The U is dead.

Fat *** has never won more than 9 games in 14 seasons as a HC or DC! And that should change this year because.....?

Advertisement
UM loses a bunch of players to the NFL from a 6-7 team: "9 wins at least"
Other teams lose players: "They suck now, we'll blow the out"

Depends.

Could be winds in two or three games, possible internal problem that costs us another game or two, or like in the past - we see something from another team we didn't anticipate, then we have players "out of position" like the past four years that could cost us a game or two . . .

If we win 7, it's because we bought two games for cash money.

Advertisement
Back