Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
****, man, that's just straight up Free Agency at that point.

Why even bother with High School recruiting? You're proposing to bring in an entire new starting XI.
Well in fairness if this wasn’t the game we wouldn’t have to play.

We’ve lost multiple DT’s and S’s in the portal so now we need to replace them.

Advertisement
Who do you think they target as next coach?
Depending on how their seasons shake out this year.. Lashlee and Golesh are probably on the radar.

If they actually want to spend money and get a proven commodity.. Kiffin

Outside the box candidate I could see Brent Pry having a good year at VT and getting a better job. If I were then I’d give a serious strong look to Dave Doehren and Jamey Chadwell

Advertisement
Fisch, Kiffin, Leipold, maybe Deion if he does well this year.
UF is his dream job but hard to see Fisch leave Washington after one year, especially since he'll have some runway there for a bit. I think Lane has a great gig at Ole Miss and he knows it. Has never thrived in a bigger job and he can win 9-10 games at Ole Miss pretty consistently and be there for a while.

Leipold wouldn't be a good culture fit for UF at all and like Kiffin, has a really good thing going at KU, not to mention improved financial support. Also, LOL at Deion ever being a candidate there.

Deion isn’t getting hired by anybody with the way he’s acting on Twitter today lol
Deion shouldn't get hired solely on his lazy recruiting philosophy. He would be a problem if he was truly about being a college football coach. Luckily, his philosophy is "I'm Deion, come find me. No I won't visit you. You know where to find me"

Depending on how their seasons shake out this year.. Lashlee and Golesh are probably on the radar.

Outside the box candidate I could see Brent Pry having a good year at VT and getting a better job. If I were then I’d give a serious strong look to Dave Doehren and Jamey Chadwell
Rhett loves SMU and Dallas but could see him taking the off ramp to the bigger job considering SMU has a murky conference affiliation future. Golesh would be a home run for them and probably not who we'd want to see take that job.

Advertisement

Isn't Pry a VT alum? Have to imagine it would be hard to pry him away from there

Rhett loves SMU and Dallas but could see him taking the off ramp to the bigger job considering SMU has a murky conference affiliation future. Golesh would be a home run for them and probably not who we'd want to see take that job.
Rhett is an Arky alum. I would normally bet money on him going there soon given Arky's need for some more life. The only hesitancy on Rhett's part could be the last SMU coach that went to Arky in 2018 (Chad Morris) epically failed and he hasn't had a position better than QB coach since and is currently only an analyst. This might give Rhett pause, but going back to your college is a great draw to some coaches, i.e. Corch Mario.

Rhett is an Arky alum. I would normally bet money on him going there soon given Arky's need for some more life. The only hesitancy on Rhett's part could be the last SMU coach that went to Arky in 2018 (Chad Morris) epically failed and he hasn't had a position better than QB coach since and is currently only an analyst. This might give Rhett pause, but going back to your college is a great draw to some coaches, i.e. Corch Mario.
Good call there. Pittman is probably gone by November and I'd imagine Rhett will be their first call. I know the programs were in different places but Lash has been far more successful at SMU then Morris was before he took the Arkansas job.

Advertisement
Deion shouldn't get hired solely on his lazy recruiting philosophy. He would be a problem if he was truly about being a college football coach. Luckily, his philosophy is "I'm Deion, come find me. No I won't visit you. You know where to find me"
When I heard this I couldnt believe he was getting away with this. Literally doesnt do in home visits or visits recruits. That is insane. LOL. With the egos of these 5* kids nowadays...most of them probably laugh right back at him.

Who do you think they target as next coach?
They would be in a really tough spot. First there is no way they let the AD make a third football hire, he already failed with Mullen and Napier. He goes first, kinda like Blake James. Second, the fanbase won’t go for another G5 up and comer or a boring but successful coach like Dorean. They will all expect a “name” hire.

IMO they should throw a bag at Drinkowitz or Klieman

They would be in a really tough spot. First there is no way they let the AD make a third football hire, he already failed with Mullen and Napier. He goes first, kinda like Blake James. Second, the fanbase won’t go for another G5 up and comer or a boring but successful coach like Dorean. They will all expect a “name” hire.

IMO they should throw a bag at Drinkowitz or Klieman
It is a fair point. For all Mario is or isn't as a gameday coach and the lack of interview process for other candidates, I am not sure what our exit strategy from Manny would have been without him. I guess if you throw enough money out there someone will bite.

When I heard this I couldnt believe he was getting away with this. Literally doesnt do in home visits or visits recruits. That is insane. LOL. With the egos of these 5* kids nowadays...most of them probably laugh right back at him.
The end result was a recruiting class of 12. 3 4 stars. Everyone thought Deion would get whoever he wanted with all that hype. Bottom line is lazy recruiting will get you lazy results no matter who you are. Deion is goin to leave Colorado as a pile of smoldering rubble when he gets out of there (probably after this season)

Advertisement
Back