Let's say the impossible happens

Advertisement
Accepting your scenario of the impossible happening, I still don't think we would out-rank an undefeated Pac12 or SEC team. For instance, if USC and Alabama go undefeated--they're playing in the title game, no doubt. It would even be tough for us to out-rank an undefeated Big12 team, like Oklahoma. We would play in the Orange Bowl, likely against West Virginia, and hope to Jeebus we don't get train run on us like Clemple did last year.

If this team wins 9 games this season and we somehow pull out the Coastal with that record, I'll be abso-frickin-lutely ecstatic. Even if we don't beat FSU or Clemson in the ACC title game, I'd be very happy because we'd be going to a pretty good bowl, and not one in El Paso, San Fran, or Boise...that is, assuming we don't serve another bowl ban.

I simply don't see a 6-6 team turning around and going 12-0. The next logical step is to win our division and go to the ACC title game and then to a bowl game if we don't serve a bowl ban...and then we can start talking a run in 2013 or 2014 towards the top of the polls if we don't get pimp slapped too hard by the NCAA.

After the change Jacory experiment under coach Fisch, I can´t see how Morris can do worse

Lamar was a huge reason JH had a great year....early in the year teams did not know who LM was and went after JH he still made poor throws..OSU he threw the late ball and was picked etc...but when Lamar started getting long runs defenses had to respect the run and JH and streeter came alive....after the VT game teams started to shut Lamar down to an extent, and Lamars numbers dropped and JH starting to miss throws and our offense started to whimper while our D was getting better....

I see Morris needing the same help with the running game or we are doomed.....

crossover22[]_[];666130 said:
Morris would have made this an 8-4 team last year as opposed to 6-6. Physical advantages were ideal for Streeter and Benjamin. Unfortunately, don't have that speed anymore.

Lol, wut?

Morris couldnt beat out Jacory for the starting job, yet the team would have had a better record under him?

Absolutely agree with your basic premise, but there are a significant number of us who believe that the the record would have been 7-5 if Morris had been inserted when it was 1st and goal in the waning seconds of the K-State game.

you can assume that but i believe had jacory played in the maryland game we would have won that game. it goes both ways. if morris was better that jacory golden would have played him. hopefully morris will show some big things this year.

I am of that assumption too.

yes sir.

Morris would have made this an 8-4 team last year as opposed to 6-6. Physical advantages were ideal for Streeter and Benjamin. Unfortunately, don't have that speed anymore.

Lol, wut?

Morris couldnt beat out Jacory for the starting job, yet the team would have had a better record under him?

Absolutely agree with your basic premise, but there are a significant number of us who believe that the the record would have been 7-5 if Morris had been inserted when it was 1st and goal in the waning seconds of the K-State game.

Why do you assume the outcome would have been any different? Is it because you think Morris is better at tucking and running?

Because even if the outcome of the first 3 plays run by Harris were the same if they were run by Morris, and the same 4th down play were run by Morris, Morris wouldn't have been tackled at the goal line. He would have crossed it. BTW, I am not a big Morris proponent. I think the competition between he and Williams is much closer than many people think. A lot of people believe that Morris would have made it across the goal line on 4th down. Of course, a lot of people don't. That's the whole point of discussion boards. None of us can prove our opinions.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];666130 said:

Lol, wut?

you can assume that but i believe had jacory played in the maryland game we would have won that game. it goes both ways. if morris was better that jacory golden would have played him. hopefully morris will show some big things this year.

and also if jacory hadnt been horsecollared on that play he would have got in. not taking up for jacory becsue he made a ton of mistakes while he was here. just callling it like i see it

An excellent point crossover and one that I can't necessarily disagree with. But of course, then the record would have been 8-4, wouldn't it? ;)

Interesting conversation, but how do you guys know that it won't be Williams as the AA quarterback? Morris needs to beat him out first.

I'm just hoping we win the games we are supposed to, and then go 50/50 on the ones we were not.
This scenario is alot harder than it seems.

Good topic, but mute points all around. No matter whether we go 12-0, 6-6, or anything else, we are still taking a bowl ban to appease the NCAA. Even if we didn't impose a bowl ban, the NCAA, as stated earlier, would make sure the closest UM got to the NC would be hearing about it in someone else's wet dream. They'd black it out in Miami, not allow anyone from the 305 to buy a ticket, and they'd probably talk to EA sports to make sure we weren't eligible even in the video game. All this after hiring Charles Robinson as the chair of the infractions committee.

Interesting topic,

Advertisement
CanefaninBuckeyeland said:
Good topic, but mute points all around. No matter whether we go 12-0, 6-6, or anything else, we are still taking a bowl ban to appease the NCAA. Even if we didn't impose a bowl ban, the NCAA, as stated earlier, would make sure the closest UM got to the NC would be hearing about it in someone else's wet dream. They'd black it out in Miami, not allow anyone from the 305 to buy a ticket, and they'd probably talk to EA sports to make sure we weren't eligible even in the video game. All this after hiring Charles Robinson as the chair of the infractions committee.

Interesting topic,

It still would do wonders for recruiting if we perform well on the field, I know all of this is hypothetically speaking, but still if we had a great season, player develop, etc., we'll be good.

If for some reason we suddenly went undefeated:

1. 3 to 9 Head Football Coaches across the nation would drop dead of a heart attack from the dread of realizing that Miami is BACK!

2. All four and five stars across the nation would decommit and be lined up outside Golden's office wanting in.

3. The NCAA would post-sanctions - add additional sanctions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back