Let's say the impossible happens

In today's environment we would shoot up the polls at an alarming rate if we start even 6-0. We would definitely play for the whole thing if we ran the table. Miami is good for business. Know what I mean?

Advertisement
In today's environment we would shoot up the polls at an alarming rate if we start even 6-0. We would definitely play for the whole thing if we ran the table. Miami is good for business. Know what I mean?

Yep. We went from unranked to #9 after two games back in 2009.

Morris would have made this an 8-4 team last year as opposed to 6-6. Physical advantages were ideal for Streeter and Benjamin. Unfortunately, don't have that speed anymore.

After the change Jacory experiment under coach Fisch, I can´t see how Morris can do worse

i would argue that Harris as a sophomore was better than Harris as a senior, although I do agree with the point that he had a pretty decent year last year. much better than his junior campaign.
My hope is in Fisch approach, but I think you have a point regarding Jacory as a sophomore though.

After his junior year Jacory was destroyed(confidence wise) and to see that turnaround give me hopes for Morris, who coach Golden is praising a lot for his improvements this off-season... at least the intangibles.

I can´t deny last season I was skeptical with Golden praises to Jacory, but turns out it was true so, I will believe in our coach this time. Anxious to see the results on the field.

Advertisement
Morris would have made this an 8-4 team last year as opposed to 6-6. Physical advantages were ideal for Streeter and Benjamin. Unfortunately, don't have that speed anymore.

Lol, wut?

Morris couldnt beat out Jacory for the starting job, yet the team would have had a better record under him?

I will not go as far a predict a NC, but I don't see us finishing 3-9. I won't say Morris will win the Heisman or AA, but I know the kid has talent and will do a lot better than folks expect. I remember how he played as a true Fr against Maryland, that pass over the top to Hank was a beaut. jacory tried the same pass against Pit and we knew how it turned out. I watched our games from last year and we were not that far away from the comp we played. The only guy we won't be able to replace is miller. We can get what the others had that left. Hurns, James, Clements, Dorsett, Scott, and a couple of the freshmen should be able to do it.

where is the upperclassmen NFL talent on this team?

there is not a lot. NC teams almost always have loads

I will not go as far a predict a NC, but I don't see us finishing 3-9. I won't say Morris will win the Heisman or AA, but I know the kid has talent and will do a lot better than folks expect. I remember how he played as a true Fr against Maryland, that pass over the top to Hank was a beaut. jacory tried the same pass against Pit and we knew how it turned out. I watched our games from last year and we were not that far away from the comp we played. The only guy we won't be able to replace is miller. We can get what the others had that left. Hurns, James, Clements, Dorsett, Scott, and a couple of the freshmen should be able to do it.

Benjamin and Streeter were legit big play threats that the Defense had to respect. we don't have that right now. somebody might step up into that role but that is yet to be seen.

I think that the best chance this offense has for success is with the running game and Walford/Cleveland. if those two guys take the next step we could run a lot of 2 TE sets, which would provide a huge security blanket for Morris.

Advertisement
Porter, Linder, Smith, Henderson, Hurns... could potentially have big years - it's not that far outside the realm of possibility. It's certainly not rare that NFL prospects emerge in their JR years and even in their SR years.

Benjamin and Streeter were legit big play threats that the Defense had to respect. we don't have that right now. somebody might step up into that role but that is yet to be seen.

I think that the best chance this offense has for success is with the running game and Walford/Cleveland. if those two guys take the next step we could run a lot of 2 TE sets, which would provide a huge security blanket for Morris.

Good, then they won't be respecting or expecting the deep ball or big play from Scott, Dorsett, or Hurns. I'm sure some of those guys will make a few teams pay.

Interesting thought OP

ohh yeah.webp

If we went undefeated we would be in the NC game especially if it's against USC. Huge ratings.

But alas I must agree with peter - lol

Advertisement
I think Morris is going to be better than people think. That being said, we're still a few years away IMO. We need better and more depth, more years in the S & C program that Golden is emphasizing, and more difference-makers.

Morris is going to be really good

based on what?

he is an interception machine.

Elite arm, bad vision and bad decision making is what I have seen from him thus far. Not a bad kid, and im sure he works hard and has improved... but if you notice, if its not a designed lookoff, after he sees his first target is covered he tucks it away and trys to make something happen which he is horrible at.

I understand your sentiment, but, while I'm probably being overly optimistic, I am projecting his improvement based on the fact that he's had another year in the system, in the film room, in the weight room, and in college in general. I like Fisch, I like Morris' attitude, arm, and mobility. My impression is that his game will improve as his reps increase. Sure, I could be wrong, but i remember seeing some things in the Maryland game that I really liked. Some practice reports suggest that the game is slowing down for him. If so, that's a season-changer for us. Tack on a few extra wins over our projections and have some momentum heading into next year when we are eligible for bowls again as I feel we'll get a 2nd bowl ban.

If we go undefeated and win the ACC we will play in the National Title. Wins over Kansas State (given their pre-season hype.) Notre Dame, FSU, Virginia Tech, and Georgia tech and beating the rest is enough to get us in.

But we aren't going undefeated, so none of this speculation matters.

Would obviously love for this to happen but I'll be happy to see continued progress under Golden so that we can later sustain dominance. As for the posters who said the NCAA would suddenly conclude the investigation and hand down our sanctions if we were even in the hunt for a NC game, hate to say it but I agree.

Advertisement

Lol, wut?

Morris couldnt beat out Jacory for the starting job, yet the team would have had a better record under him?

Absolutely agree with your basic premise, but there are a significant number of us who believe that the the record would have been 7-5 if Morris had been inserted when it was 1st and goal in the waning seconds of the K-State game.

Lol, wut?

Absolutely agree with your basic premise, but there are a significant number of us who believe that the the record would have been 7-5 if Morris had been inserted when it was 1st and goal in the waning seconds of the K-State game.

Why do you assume the outcome would have been any different? Is it because you think Morris is better at tucking and running?

Lol, wut?

you can assume that but i believe had jacory played in the maryland game we would have won that game. it goes both ways. if morris was better that jacory golden would have played him. hopefully morris will show some big things this year.

and also if jacory hadnt been horsecollared on that play he would have got in. not taking up for jacory becsue he made a ton of mistakes while he was here. just callling it like i see it

Last edited:
crossover22[]_[];666130 said:

Lol, wut?

you can assume that but i believe had jacory played in the maryland game we would have won that game. it goes both ways. if morris was better that jacory golden would have played him. hopefully morris will show some big things this year.

I am of that assumption too.

Advertisement
Back