Let's say the impossible happens

NorthFlaCane

Senior
Stephen Morris turns into a stud
Duke Johnson looks like Sammy Watkins
Rashawn Scott goes beast mode
All the injured guys on defense finally show their potential (Green, Porter, Buchanon)
Tracey Howard turns into a frosh AA

and we somehow go undefeated (BTW, a vintage Miami team would easily go undefeated against this schedule), would we play for the national title?

Advertisement
Probably. I think a lot of what you said above will happen, but you need incredible depth or talent to win. The perfect example is OSU in 2002/3. We had an incredible talent, but they had a load of talent as well. That year, they squeaked by in a number of games and most people didn't think them worthy. Morris is the key, if somehow he ends up being a superstar then this team can be in the top 10. 8 wins would be very nice as well. The BC game will be telling. We go up there and win 40-7, we are probably better than we thought.

Probably starting off ranked way too low. Would need help. But it has nothing to do with playing in the ACC like others would try to claim.

Advertisement
I think Morris is going to be better than people think. That being said, we're still a few years away IMO. We need better and more depth, more years in the S & C program that Golden is emphasizing, and more difference-makers.

I think Morris is going to be better than people think. That being said, we're still a few years away IMO. We need better and more depth, more years in the S & C program that Golden is emphasizing, and more difference-makers.

We won't need that much depth when we're up 35-0 at the half :crownpour:

If all that happened, DBC would be hailed as the new prophet, a sure sign that either the apocolpyse was comping or the Mayan Calendar's end of the world was here. Or both. EIther way, we would all be more worried about getting attacked by bears than Cane football.

Advertisement

Morris is going to be really good

I well remember the year we won our first NC.

We weren't in the hunt at all that year. Especially after that first game.

Had a freshman QB, and Schnellenberger hadn't really shown anything but progress.

****. That was fun.

Advertisement

Morris is going to be really good

based on what?

he is an interception machine.

Elite arm, bad vision and bad decision making is what I have seen from him thus far. Not a bad kid, and im sure he works hard and has improved... but if you notice, if its not a designed lookoff, after he sees his first target is covered he tucks it away and trys to make something happen which he is horrible at.

If we ran the table, we'd play for the title.

It's rare for three undefeated teams to come out of automatic-qualifying conferences.

It's only happened once, right (2004)?

Advertisement

It's rare for three undefeated teams to come out of automatic-qualifying conferences.

It happened in 2009. Alabama, Texas, and Cincinatti all went undefeated (TCU and Boise too).

After the change Jacory experiment under coach Fisch, I can´t see how Morris can do worse

i would argue that Harris as a sophomore was better than Harris as a senior, although I do agree with the point that he had a pretty decent year last year. much better than his junior campaign.

It happened in 2009. Alabama, Texas, and Cincinatti all went undefeated (TCU and Boise too).

I remember TCU and Boise, but forgot about Cincinnati.

They're Big East, so they barely count.

If we somehow went undefeated, I'd like our chances of getting into the title game.

Advertisement
Back