Let's get them on record

Advertisement
Well we're on a 4 game win streak. We won 2 on the road and 2 at home. On the road we shot 47% from 3pt range against ND and 50% from 3pt range against UNC. How often can we depend on those types of efforts?
Our record says we are trending up. Our next game, which will be on a neutral site(and I hope its against UNC), will let us know if we're still trending up. The NCAA's has always been about great guard play and teams heating up at just the right time.

There's no way we'll be seeded lower than a 7. We're right between the 5/6 line on a lot of updated brackets.

Not that it matters much. I'd rather play a weak #9 seed than one of those really good mid-majors in the 5 v 12 game.
If Miami loses to UNC I could easily see them drop to an 8 or 9. Have you not paid any attention to how fast they fall compared to how they climb?

As for predicting how they will do right now? It is impossible! It is all about the seed and match-ups.

This is me. I think we are out in round one though. This team has just been too inconsistent this year and too many scoring droughts.

Good enough to get the Sweet 16; inconsistent enough to flame out in round one. No way to make a real prediction until we see the bracket. Matchups are huge.

Advertisement
HurricaneMark is correct about the NCAA being about great guard play. How many do we have? I would say one and he only plays 21 minutes.

I think our 3 point percentage has to be 55+ for us to win another game. Could happen.

Another thing that needs to be said. We cannot continue missing 6 or 7 free throws per game and beat anybody from now on

Last edited:
Whoever we play in the NCAAT, we're going to see a lot of zone. Going to need to knock down 3s.

Advertisement
I'm not sure a 3/4 speed BB is what we need if it happens. We have a pretty good 7 man thing going now and IMO they need the practice. who you gonna sit Newt? Coach likes Newt

I'm not sure a 3/4 speed BB is what we need if it happens. We have a pretty good 7 man thing going now and IMO they need the practice. who you gonna sit Newt? Coach likes Newt
Glad coach likes newt. No one else does lol. I'll take brown off the bench. He's their best player so if he can play he will get his minutes.

This is me. I think we are out in round one though. This team has just been too inconsistent this year and too many scoring droughts.
I think Lonnie doesn't let it happen. He seems to show up when the moment is big. I have a feeling he's gonna score 20+ in the first game.

Advertisement
Brown is our best player?
I honestly think he is. He was our leading rebounder and assist man and still scored 11 pts a game. He's better than that though and we all know it. He was playing hurt a lot this year. I want him back.

I have no idea what to think this team is going to do. I thought BB was definitely out but reading that article gives me some hope. I'll save my prediction until we hear if Bruce will play or not. If he can give us 15 minutes I think that could really help us. This team has been so hard to figure out this season. We were down by 14 to BC about to be out of the tournament and they come back and then win 3 more. Even against VT, we had to turn it on in the second half which concerns me. But the one thing that gives me hope is that we have not been blown out all year. Even during the '12/'13 season we got blown out. We've been in every single game which means if we can fix a few things and play a little more consistently we can take this to another level.

Advertisement
I have no idea what to think this team is going to do. I thought BB was definitely out but reading that article gives me some hope. I'll save my prediction until we hear if Bruce will play or not. If he can give us 15 minutes I think that could really help us. This team has been so hard to figure out this season. We were down by 14 to BC about to be out of the tournament and they come back and then win 3 more. Even against VT, we had to turn it on in the second half which concerns me. But the one thing that gives me hope is that we have not been blown out all year. Even during the '12/'13 season we got blown out. We've been in every single game which means if we can fix a few things and play a little more consistently we can take this to another level.
Yea reading that article gives me hope too that Bruce could be back for the tourney. But I can't tell if he'd possibly be ready for round 1 or not til round 3. I'm not sure we make it that far though. This team is on a roll winning close games but they gotta stop going the final 7 to 10ish minutes of the game without scoring. It's why we lost to BC and why we almost blew the VTech game. No field goals in the final 10 plus minutes?! That's ridiculous. Gotta stop that if you want to go deep.

I see that Porter is coming back for Missouri. Has nothing to do with Brown but hopefull it may provide some motivation and incentive for him to come back also...

Advertisement
Back